Turning yourself into a human-centered design coach (euroIA 2012)
- 6,461 views
My talk from EuroIA 2012 in Rome. Turning yourself into a human-centered design coach. ...
My talk from EuroIA 2012 in Rome. Turning yourself into a human-centered design coach.
Shifting from traditional design consultancy to design coaching requires new skills. In this talk, we share some tips & tricks and best practices on coaching clients in human-centered design:
* Managing expectations from the start – have a clear understanding on what can be expected from both parties.
* Knowing the coached team (and its organization) well before you start.
* Organizing design trainings at the start of the project – these will also give the coached team an understanding of what is going to happen.
* Finding a good balance between having the people you coach do the actual work, and doing parts of the work yourself. Not all techniques are equal: some are easier to pass on than others.
* Working with example deliverables from other projects and ready-to-use templates, to make it easier for the coached team to put a technique into practice and get good results quickly.
* Building consensus in the team you are coaching, and avoid getting caught into one of the camps in the team.
By sharing some of our experiences, hopefully we can help you become a better design coach.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views