1. FacebookRecognizes Koboas eReadingPartnerAIn January 2012, Kobo was invited by Facebook to the launch of Facebook Timeline. The only official eReading partner, Kobo made it known to the world that it was advancing its social reading experience with Facebook.
2. Some Call it Self-Promotion, We Call it AMAZING!2 Kobo is currently working on its self-publishing offering helping indie authors and everyday people share their stories with the world. With our commitment to social innovation, you know this is going to be awesome.
3. HTML5 – What?!Kobo users on iPad or using Chrome/Safari (desktop) can now use theKobo Instant Reader. It gives readers the ability to buy and read booksin the browser – syncing to any device. It’s just more of Kobo doing whatwe can to help customers read the way they want to. A smartphone appis coming soon as well as support for IE and Firefox.
4. Facebook and Kobo DOIntegrate Social Readingand eBooksAs the official eReadingpartner of Facebook, Kobogives readers a way toseamlessly highlight text andpost it to Facebook togenerate conversations.
5. And We Go EvenFURTHER WithAuthor NotesWe’ve started a new programAuthor Notes, it enablesauthors to provide additionalcommentary in their books – the“director’s cut” if you will. Fanscan now get more out of theirfave books and share theirthoughts with authors and otherreaders.
6. Kobo’s Read Freely Philosophy Appeals To Partners LikeFacebook, Authors And ReadersIn just 27 months of business, Kobo has captured the hearts of 8-million users across 190 countrieswith content in 60 languages and 2.5-million titles. With the ability to read on virtually any device –smartphone, laptop, tablet, or eReader – the fan base continues to grow at a rapid pace.
7. Music and Reading – It’sMore Than Just TunesThe Kobo Vox™ eReadingtablet comes with the Rdio™app to get the latest tuneswhile you’re reading. Evenbetter? Kobo providesaccess to thousands ofAndroid apps and with ourmuch anticipated integrationwith Google Play (comingsoon) customers will bereading – and so muchmore!
8. Open and Social it’s Like Facebook and Kobo WereBorn to Be ConnectedKobo’s commitment toreading anywhere, atany time, and on anydevice is what drivesus each day. It’s ourpassion to makereading a fun,enjoyable experience.Our partnership withFacebook is one moreway we aretransforming readingaround the world.