Be the first to like this
Scope of the report:
This flash report provides a benchmarking of patent performance of top 20 MEMS companies.
- The top 20 MEMS companies were selected from the Yole Développement’s annual ranking - April 2013 based on 2012 MEMS revenues.
- The Patent Activity Index, the Patent Quality Index and the Patent Strength Index were determined for each selected MEMS company. These three parameters are based on four criteria: Number of patent families, Average size of patent families, Share of granted patents and Citation ratio.
- The data were extracted from the FamPat worldwide database (Questel-ORBIT) which provides 60+ million patent documents from 92 worldwide patent offices.
- A keyword based patent search was performed in title, abstract and claims: MEMS, Micro-electro-mechanical, Microelectromechanical.
- Searches were performed on August 22, 2013 hence patents published after this date will not be available in the report.
- The term 'Patent' has been used as a collective term for Patents and Published Applications.
- According to FamPat’s family rules (variation of EPO strict family), a Patent Family comprises patents linked by exactly same priority numbers (strict family), plus comparison of priority and application numbers, specific rules by country and information gathered from other sources (national files, legal status …).
- For legal status of EP/WO patents, EPO Register Plus has been used. For legal status of US patents, USPTO PAIR has been used. For legal status of other patents, information have been gotten from their respective national registers.