2. Opening comments• Review strengths and weaknesses• Admit we are still growing• Choose one or two specific actions
3. StrengthsA- Elder Leadership The elders care for, protect, and lead the congregation, as the Bible instructs them to do.B Unity In general, there is a feeling of unity and fellowship in our church.B- Sermons The Sunday morning sermons are helpful for my spiritual growth.
4. Elder LeadershipInstructing, leading the congregation inprayer, leading the church in a BiblicalmannerHandling matters that come up as the needarises before they turn into big problems.Being available to talk to. having anaproachable spirit, willing to listen, even ifthey disagree.
5. Elder LeadershipBe shepherds of God’s flock that is under yourcare, watching over them—not because youmust, but because you are willing, as Godwants you to be; not pursuing dishonestgain, but eager to serve; not lording it overthose entrusted to you, but being examples tothe flock. 1 Peter 5:2-3
6. UnityFriendships!! The time after the service andlunch is a great time to get to know eachother. I have never been to a church thatknows each other this well. In fact, its beenonly at Cornerstone that I know everybodysname!The best thing about the fellowship of ourchurch is that we make ourselves available toeach other each Sunday morning as we askabout each others lives.
7. UnitySome of the children feel there are cliquesforming, and feel left out. i dont knowexactly how to address this. Ive instructedmy own to look for those who are bythemselves and invite them to join the playor conversation, and to stand with a groupand listen and comment on the topic beingdiscussed, but above that, I dont know whatto tell them.
8. UnityAll the believers were one in heart and mind.No one claimed that any of their possessionswas their own, but they shared everythingthey had. Acts 4:32
9. SermonsThe clear teaching and the power points.Deep, challenging messages and a willingnessto take a stand on "controversial" issues.I really appreciate how Pastor Knocker takestime out of his week to put the sermonstogether. I also like that they are veryinterresting.
10. SermonsIts hard to hear over the chairsrattling, etc. and pastor is soft spoken.
11. WeaknessesF Personal Devotions On average, I spend time in devotional Bible study this many times a week.F Patience with Children I struggle with anger and impatience toward my children.F Missions: Justice Our church cares for the poor, the sick, the widows, the fatherless, the oppressed.
12. Personal DevotionsBlessed is the man that walketh not in thecounsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in theway of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of thescornful.But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and inhis law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
13. Patience with ChildrenThe Wrong Pattern• Child does not do what you want.• You are – frustrated (because you cannot control) – embarrassed (by how that makes you look)• You react in anger.What is the right pattern?
14. Patience with ChildrenBe shepherds of God’s flock that is under yourcare, watching over them—not because youmust, but because you are willing, as Godwants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain,but eager to serve; not lording it over thoseentrusted to you, but being examples to theflock. 1 Peter 5:2-3
15. Missions: Justice Our church cares for the poor, the sick, the widows, the fatherless, the oppressed.• Today’s work day• “Is there anyone in Asheboro willing to ride to Siler City on Thursday nights with a mom and her non verbal Autistic son?”• Other ideas?
16. Deacons StrengthsHelping set up every Sunday AMTheir willingness to serve and help whereneeded.
17. Deacons Areas for Improvement• Two specific criticisms• Add another deacon (1 Timothy 3)• Work towards goal
18. Mid-week ActivitiesMid-week "home groups" are missed, but thismight not be feasible with the drive thatsome families would have to make.I would like to see some occasionally. I cansee how it would be hard due to everyoneliving so far from each other...but stillbeneficial.
19. Mid-week Activities• Continue as is.• Except, try to mix it up a little bit more.• Stay on Sunday afternoon whenever possible.
21. Women’s MeetingThe womens fellowship time is providing a ‘safe’place for us to open up and share our burdenswith one another and pray for one another. It isnice to know I am not alone in my struggles inthis Christian life and it is good for us to prayfor and encourage one another. I believe thiswill produce much growth in our lives and in ourrelationships!
22. Women’s MeetingI think the womens accountability meetingshould be dissolved… I get a lot ofaccountablilty from my husband. I am notlooking for this on Sunday with other women.
23. Sunday Afternoons1. Fellowship meal2. Women’s meeting3. Love and Respect DVD?4. Men’s meeting
24. Church Planning What should we work towards first?59% A church building18% Im not sure12% Outreach6% A full-time pastor6% Several elders sharing preaching
25. Financial Stewardship50% We are financially supporting Cornerstone the way that the Lord would have us do.50% We are *not* financially supporting Cornerstone the way that the Lord would have us do.
26. Plan on Church Building• Continue saving money.• Put a classified ad in the Courier Tribune.
27. Genesis Suggested StudiesActs, early churchGenesis and RevelationRepentance.HebrewsRevelation and any other book about prophecy.Way of the Master: Advanced partRevelationRevelations, and ProverbsRomansGenesis, Revelations, Psalms, Proverbs. JobRevelationHow to share the Gospel; 1,2,3 John; 1,2 Corinthians; 1,2Peter; GalatiansRevelationSpiritual Gifts
28. Genesis Suggested StudiesActs, early churchGenesis and RevelationRepentance.HebrewsRevelation and any other book about prophecy.Way of the Master: Advanced partRevelationRevelations, and ProverbsRomansGenesis, Revelations, Psalms, Proverbs. JobRevelationHow to share the Gospel; 1,2,3 John; 1,2 Corinthians; 1,2Peter; GalatiansRevelationSpiritual Gifts
29. I would like to add…Im praying for more people to joinCornerstone.What happened to the drums??I really appreciate Cornerstone. Its thebest church my family has ever been to.Everybody gets along, agrees with eachother, mentors each other, and is friendswith each other.
30. I would like to add…I would like to see parents doing a betterjob of keeping their children in their seatsduring the sermon. I realized we have a lotof small children who are still being trainedand I am not talking about that. Please haveyour kids get water, snack, and a bathroombreak during greeting. There is no reason achild over 6 needs to get up 5 times during a45 minute sermon.
31. I would like to add…I think I would really like something for theyouth of the church to do. Definitely NOT ayouth group, but maybe a service project ofsome sort. Ive been looking for ways to beof some help to my community...or my church.I love my church :)
32. Action ItemsWally to put ad in Courier Tribune.Wally to start series on Revelation.Wally to address specific weakness.Sound guy to increase volume on mic during sermon.Parents to pray for and practice shepherding God’s flockthat is under your care.Deacons to address specific criticism.Congregation to “test” Daniel Bausum’s qualifications asdeacon (1 Timothy 3:3-8) by November 4.
33. Action ItemsEveryone to build relationships with every other person.Everyone fellowship with every other household.Everyone “…in his Law doth he meditate day and night.”Congregation to look for opportunities to serve thepoor, the sick, the widows, the fatherless, the oppressedSeveral people organize child care during DVD study.Everyone financially support your local church.