SHORTAGE AT A CRISIS
STAGE IN CANADA
KEY POINTS (Intro)
• There is a leakage problem with the training programs
offered in Canada.
• 1 in 9 Dcos who graduated from Canada have now
migrated to US.
• 19 Docs emigrate from Canada to Us, but Only 1 Doctor
from Us to Canada.
• 50 to 75% of foreign trine Candidates do not return to
FACTORS SHOULD HAVE BEEN
INCLUDED IN PROJECTING HR
DEMAND AND SUPLY.
˃ There is only 1599 graduates from 2400 medical School
seats per year.
˃ Supply is efficient, because out of 19 Docs 1 docs who
emigrate from Canada to US.
˃ Education fees are higher for International Students.
˃ Heavy debt loads for foreign trained medical graduates.
Availability of Foreign Trained Docs
Lack Of Qualified freshers.
Arrangement of duties to various professionals.
Managing Inflow and outflow of employees
Government regulations and implementation of
• Recommend to Government to Increase the Migration
• Giving additional benefits to the Docs who were staying
Canada such as Free Insurance, Leave Benefits, Special
• Special conditions on Contracts between Docs .
• Recommend to Government for liberalizing Hospital