PRESENTATION ON YOU CAN WIN“WINNERS DON’T DO DIFFERENT THINGS. THEY DO THINGS DIFFERNELTY.” (BY SHIV KHERA) Presented By: Kirandeep Kaur
ABOUT AUTHOR• Shiv Khera was born in a business family.• He is a Bachelors in Commerce• He worked as a car washer, a life insurance agent and then• Took a contract administration franchise before he became a world class motivational speaker.• Shiv Khera is an Indian motivational speaker, author of self-help books, business consultant, activist and politician.
• He was inspired by a lecture delivered by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, and followed his motivational teachings to achieve success his life.• Khera began delivering motivational lectures.• Kheras first book You Can Win came out in 1998.• It introduced his trademark quote, "Winners dont do different things, they do things differently.“• The focus of the book was on achieving success through personal growth and positive attitude.• Books - Living With Honor, Freedom is Not Free
YOU CAN WINATTITUDE• Importance of Attitude• Attitude contributes to success 85% of the Attitude 15% of intelligence and knowledge• Total Quality People• Factors that determine the Attitude Environment Experience Education• Positive Attitude
• Steps to build Positive AttitudeSUCCESS• Obstacles – Ego, lack of confidence, lack of commitment, no plan etc.• Qualities that make a person successful – desire, commitment, responsibility, character, hard work, positive believing, pride of performance, be a willing to be a student- get a mentor• Factors that cause to fail – unwillingness to take risk, fear, lack of confidence, selfishness and greed, lack of understanding of nature’s law etc.
MOTIVATION (Motivating yourself and others everyday)• Difference between Inspiration and Motivation• External Motivation – comes from outside• Internal Motivation – comes from within• All are Motivated either positively or negatively
SELF – ESTEEM (BUILDING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE)• High self – esteem• Low self – esteem• Self confidence• Self – esteem is a feeling that comes from the awareness of what is good and having done it.• Difference between Ego and Pride
25 STEPS TO BUILDING A POSITIVE PERSONALITY• Accept Responsibilty• Show consideration• Thing Win – Win• Choose your words carefully• Don’t criticize and complaint• Smile and be kind• Put positive interpretation on other people’s behavior• Be a good listener• Be Enthusiastic• Give honest and sincere appreciation• When you make a mistake, Accept it and move on• Discuss but Don’t Argue• Don’t Gossip
• Turn your promises into commitment• Be Grateful but don’t expect Gratitude• Be dependable and practice loyalty• Avoid bearing Grudges• Practice honesty, integrity and sincerity• Practice Humility• Be understanding and caring• Practice courtesy on a daily basis• Develop a sense of humor• Don’t be Sarcastice and put others down• To have a friend, be a friend• Show Empthy
GIGO PRINCIPLE• Computer phrase GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) Negativity in ; negativity out. Positivity in ; positivity out. Good in ; good out.GOAL SETTING• Dreams and Wishes• Desires – Direction, Dedication, Determination, Discipline, Deadlines• Steps to turn dream into reality: Have a definite, clear written goal. Have a plan to accomplish and write it down. Read the first two twice a day.
• GOAL must be SMART S – Specific M – must be measurable A – achievable R – realistic T – time boundVALUE AND VISION• (DOING THE RIGHT THINGS FOR THE RIGHT REASON)• Seven deadly sins according to MAHATMA GANDHI• Commitment to values• Ethics and Legality
• “Where the vision is one year, cultivate flowers. Where the vision is ten years, cultivate trees. Where the vision is eternity, cultivate people.”• Remember: Winners Don’t different things. They do things differently! --- Shiv Khera