Characteristic of curriculumPresentation Transcript
CHARACTERISTIC OF CURRICULUM
1. The curriculum is continuously evolving. To be viable and effective, the curricular program must have continuous evaluation and reappraisal. A program must adapt its educational activities and services to meet the needs of a modern and dynamic community.
2. The curriculum is based on the needs of the people. It is imperative in developing a program to begin with those that concern the people themselves. Their years of experience can be a good source that can be woven into the fabric of the classroom presentation.
3. The curriculum is democratically conceived. The minds and energies of many people who are in intimate contact with the interests, needs and resources of the community will create a more effective product than the individual director could possibly provide by working alone.
4. The curriculum is the result of long-term effort. Enthusiasm for a proposed curriculum activity often impels proponents to push for immediate action. But a class or service that is begun hurriedly and folds quickly may hurt the long-term continuance of the program.
5. The curriculum is a complex of details. A friendly social meeting, good student-teacher relationships, effective guidance opportunities, and favorable attitude on the part of individuals, groups, and organizations within the community are necessary ingredients for a successful
6. The curriculum provides for the logical sequence of subject matter. Classes and activities should be planned so as to achieve an orderly development of subject matter and step-by-step progress of the learner.
7. The curriculum complements and cooperates with other programs in the community. The public school should not try to monopolize the education scene at the community level. Its major concern should be to see that the jobs get done regardless of who does it.
8. The curriculum has educational quality. The curriculum must be made up of offerings that pass the test of good and sound education. We speak of quality education but there has to be quality curriculum as well.
9. The curriculum has administrative flexibility. Flexibility is a good trait of good curriculum. A curriculum must be ready to incorporate changes whenever necessary.