- Summary of the SOL covered
- Return to my EDLF345 Products Page. Click on this picture anytime to return to this page
Spring Affects the weather Affects the plants Affects the animals Next Season!
Summer Affects the weather Affects the plants Affects the animals Next Season!
Fall (also known as Autumn) Affects the weather Affects the plants Affects the animals Next Season!
Winter Affects the weather Affects the plants Affects the animals Next Season!
- Often rainy or thunderstorms
- Length of the days being to get longer
Spring and Plants
- Buds begin to appear on trees
- Flowers pop up through the soil
- Buds on the trees turn into leaves
- Everything begins to look green
- Offer homes to small animals
Spring and Animals
- Birds are often the first animals to appear
- Animals that have a lot of hair may begin shedding as the weather gets warmer
- Humans begin to wear lighter clothing for the warm weather
- Stays light until late evening
Summer and Plants
- Trees are covered with leaves
- Fewer flowers, more plants
- Some plants may wilt from the heat and not enough rain
- Provides shade from the hot sun for animals and humans
Summer and Animals
- Furry animals shed most of their fur to keep cool in the hot weather
- Some animals come out only at night, when it is cooler
- Baby animals become independent
- Humans wear shorts and t-shirts or tank tops
- Length of daylight begins to get shorter
Fall and Plants
- Leaves begin to change colors and dry
- Once the leaves are dry, they fall off of the trees
Fall and Animals
- Birds begin to migrate (fly to states that will have warmer weather for the winter)
- Animals prepare for winter: furry animals will begin to get thicker fur coats
- Humans begin to dress in warmer clothes, with sweaters and jackets
- Precipitation is often snow or ice (sleet)
- Gets dark in early evening or late afternoon
Winter and Plants
- Evergreens still have needles
- Some plants may freeze in the cold weather
Winter and Animals
- Furry animals have developed a thick coat to keep them warm during the winter
- Some animals gain weight during the winter. The fat provides extra warmth in the cold.
- Humans dress much warmer, with heavy coats and hats and gloves.
- Addresses the First Grade SOL 1.7 , addressing Earth patterns, cycles, and change.
- Students can benefit by guiding themselves by clicking on various links to find out what they want to know about the various seasons.
- Students can also benefit from the teacher going through the slides while teaching the class about the different seasons.
- Provides a visual representation to supplement a lesson.
- Seasonal weather paraphrased from http://www.miclimbscience.org/DocPieces/st5el/SCI.V.3.E.2_f.html