Windows Vista User Experience Guidelines
The goals for these official Windows Vista® User Experience Guidelines (or “UX Guide” for short) are to:
● Establish a high quality and consistency baseline for all Windows Vista-based applications.
● Answer your specific user experience questions.
● Make your job easier!
Getting started with Windows Vista
If you are new to Windows Vista:
1. Start by checking What’s New in Windows Vista. These articles summarize the new core user interface (UI) features that you should
use in your Windows Vista UI designs, and how they differ from Windows XP.
2. Next, proceed to the Top Rules article, which summarizes the top rules that the Windows Vista Design team suggests you follow
to create high-quality, consistent Windows Vista UIs.
3. Check out the Top Guidelines Violations article, which summarizes the most common violations that the Windows Vista Design
team found duri
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.