0 Personal Medium of Arts Practice
What do you do?
Personal style within your medium.
1. What makes your style unique?
2. How does your style impact your arts community?
3. In what way does your style define your
contribution to your arts medium?
0 Your Life, Your Art
How has your life and culture integrated into your art?
1. Your path to becoming an Artist
2. Support/Opposition to your decision
3. Cultural values in support/opposition of your Art
0 What is Your Personal Learning Style?
VARK- 16 Question Learning Style Quiz
0 Investigating Your Personal Art and Art form
1. What are some typical learning profiles from your
Medium of Art?
2. Do these learning profiles typify the Art form?
2. Are others successful with other learning styles
in your art form? Why/why not?
0 Personal Process for Arts Practice (as Learner)
1. How does your learning style interact/interfere
with your Art making?
2. In what way can your learning style help in the
creation of Art within your medium?
3. What learning styles would you be most comfortable
in teaching, given the choice?
0 “What is a Teaching Artist?” by: Eric Booth
0 “Is Style Everything…?” by: Diane Carson
0 “Matters of Style” by: Richard M. Felder
0 “Making Art…” by: James Hall
0 “Becoming a Reflective Learner” by: Thompson Rivers
University Library, Canada
0 Medium non-specific
0 Visual content
0 Auditory content
0 Digital delivery (to lecturer as well as classmates)
0 The “Self” Test (send it to yourself first!)