View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
15 Questions on Current Affairs for March 20121). Recently the Chinese foreign Minster had visited India to step up the Bilateral Relationsbetween the two countries.Which of the following issues are discussed:i) Joint Operations against Piracyii) Coordination on border Affairsiii) sharing of Technical Knowledgeiv) Dispute involving Arunachal PradeshChoose the right option:(a) Only (i) and (iii)(b) Only (ii) and (iii)(c) Only (i), (ii) and (iii)(d) All of the (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv)Answer: c) Only (i), (ii) and (iii)2). Who among the Following is the Foreign Minter of China, who recently paid a visit toIndia in the first week of March, 2012 ?(a) Yang Jiechi(b) Hu Jinato(c) Liang Guanglie(d) Zhou Ji Answer: Yang Jiechi3). India had recently resolved a 14 months long standing Payment issue with which of thefollowing countries:(a) Israel(b) USA(c) China(d) IranAnswer: Iran4). The Government of India has recently approved the ............. Navy Plane Deal:(a) $ 1 billion(b) $ 2 billion(c) $ 3 billion(d) None of the above
Answer: $ 1 billion5) The Home Minister of which among the following neighboring countries had visited Indiain the last week of February 2012 to discuss bilateral issues such as Illegal Immigration andExtradition treaty(a) China(b) Pakistan(c) Sri Lanka(d) BangladeshAnswer: Bangladesh6) India will sign an extradition treaty with which among the following countries.The Processin the final stages:(a) Bangladesh(b) Pakistan(c) Nepal(d) BhutanAnswer: Bangladesh7) The Central Government of India has recently approved a farmer friendly Rural Jobscheme called as(a) Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana(b) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana(c) Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (GMNREGS)(d) NREGAAnswer: Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (GMNREGS)8) Which among the following countries is in the list of Polio - endemic countries of WHO:(i) Pakistan(ii) Nigeria(iii) Afghanistan(iv) IndiaChoose the right Option:(a) Only (i) and (ii)(b) Only (ii) and (iii)(c) Only (iii) and (iv)(d) Only (i), (ii) and (iii)
Answer: Only (i), (ii) and (iii)9) Which among the following countries is removed from the list of Polio - endemic countriesof WHO:(a) India(b) Pakistan(c) Afghanistan(d) BangladeshAnswer: India10) Which among the following is not a Millennium Development Goal (MDG) as approvedby UNO ?(a) Achieve universal primary education(b) Improve maternal health(c) Reduce child mortality(d) Cross-Border TerrorismAnswer: Cross-Border Terrorism11) Who among the Following is the President of European Union:(a) Timothy Roemer(b) Asad-al-Bashar(c) Hermen Van Rompuy(d) None of the AboveAnswer: Hermen Van Rompuy12) The Indian-European Union (EU) Annual summit was recently held in which among thefollowing cities:(a) Madrid(b) Berlin(c) Budapest(d) New DelhiAnswer: New Delhi13) According to report made available by CBI, the amount of Black money deposited byIndians in Foreign Banks is(a) $ 300 Billion
(b) $ 1000 Billion(c) $ 500 Billion(d) None of the aboveAnswer: $ 500 Billion14) The Supreme Court of India had recently canceled the .......... Telecom Licenses allottedon or after January 10, 2008(a) 122(b) 123(c) 124(d) 125Answer: 12515) According to Data made available by Transparency International in December 2011,Indias ranks in the Corruption Perceptions Index is:(a) 95(b) 96(c) 97(d) 98Answer: 95Note: Corruption perceptions index measures the perceived levels of public sectorcorruption in 183 countries and territories around the worldCurrent Affairs March 2012 Quiz-1Posted: 28 Mar 2012 11:55 PM PDTIn the section on current Affairs, we will cover the Current Affairs of March, 2012.In ourprevious post, we have covered for Quizzes and Questions Answers for the month ofFebruary, 2012.Students preparing for several competitive exam will find this materialuseful.So go through these questions and according memorise them 20 Current Affairs March 2012 Quiz Questions1. The fifth edition of the World Future Energy Summit was held recently in—
(A) Abu Dhabi(B) New Delhi(C) Tehran(D) Dhaka2. Planning Commission of India on January 18, 2012 approved Rudrasagar developmentscheme. The scheme is related—(A) Tripura(B) Assam(C) Manipur(D) Sikkim3. The Board of Approval (BoA) under the Commerce Ministry on January 24, 2012approved the proposal of this company to set up a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) at Indorein Madhya Pradesh. Identify the company—(A) Reliance Industries(B) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)(C) Hero Motors(D) Infosys4. Scientists identified a new gene in maize plants called—(A) Meg 1(B) Meg 2(C) Meg 3(D) Meg 45. Researchers discovered new earthworm species in Port Blair. What is the name of thenew species ?(A) Moniligaster ivaniosi(B) Annelida(C) Nematoda(D) Onychophora6. Scientists recently developed a new wireless device to detect the presence of termites.Consider the following statements:1. When the new device detects the presence of termites, it sends an SMS or email to apest control firm.2. The device is made of a tiny sensor, even smaller than a fingernail.Choose the right option :(A) Both 1 and 2 are correct
(B) Only 1 is correct(C) Only 2 is correct(D) Neither 1 not 2 is correct7. According to the draft sports policy of this State Government released on January 11,2012, a special life-time achievement award, in memory of G.V. Raja, the Founder-President of the State Sports Council is to be instituted. Which State is being referred to ?(A) Karnataka(B) Kerala(C) Tamil Nadu(D) Andhra Pradesh8. Which team defeated Uttara-khand in the mens category to win the National title for thefourth time, in the 60th Senior National Volleyball Championship at Raipur on January 11,2012 ?(A) Kerala(B) Andhra Pradesh(C) West Bengal(D) Tamil Nadu9. Which team extended their hegemony by defeating Kerala 25-12, 25-14, 25-16 in a onesided final in the womens category at the 60th Senior National Volleyball Championship ?(A) Punjab(B) Services(C) Railways(D) Delhi10. This footballer was awarded the 2011 FIFA Ballon dOr on January 9, 2012 in Zurich. Hewon the award for the third consecutive year for the worlds outstanding footballer.Identify the footballer.(A) Cristiano Ronaldo(B) Xavi(C) Sergio Ramos(D) Lionel Messi11. State-run Northern Coalfields (NCL) agreed to surrender land required to mine twoblocks attached to the Sasan ultra mega power plant to which of the following companiesgiving the company the benefit of over ? 6000 crore over the life of the venture ?(A) Reliance Power(B) Adani Power(C) Birla Power Solutions(D) DLF Power
12. Which car took home the crown of Indian Car of the Year 2012 in January 2012 ?(A) Toyota Etios Liva(B) Maruti Suzuki Swift(C) Hyundai Verna(D) Hyundai Eon13. As per the Wholesale Price Index, published by the government on January 16, 2012.Reduced food prices caused the inflation to dip to a year low at what per cent in December2011?(A) 7-47%(B) 7-65%(C) 6-33%(D) 5-41%14. Maldives authorities allowed Male International Airport operator to collect airportdevelopment and insurance charges from passengers, nearly a month after a local courtbarred the Bangalore-based company from doing so. Name the operator.(A) GMR Infrastructure(B) International Air Transport Association (LATA)(C) FraportAG(D) DIAL15. Which French construction major entered the Indian market by buying out 100 per centstake in NAPC, a Chennai-based construction company ?(A) Sinopec Engineering(B) Uhde(C) Vinci(D) Snamprogetti16. India signed MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) on tourism with ASEAN on January12, 2012. The agreement took place in—(A) Manado(B) Jakarta(C) Malaysia(D) Manila17. Pravasi Bhartiya Divas-2012 was held in Jaipur. Jaipur is the capital of which one of thefollowing states ?(A) Rajasthan(B) Bihar(C) UP(D) Bihar
18. India and Japan on January 12, 2012 agreed to enhance their cooperation inthe.........sector.(A) Infrastructure(B) Tourism(C) Road and Transport(D) Coal and Mining19. He was conferred the first S. K. Singh Award for excellence in the Indian Foreign Serviceon January 6, 2012. Identify the diplomat.(A) Ranjan Mathai(B) Shivshankar Menon(C) D. Bala Venkatesh Verma(D) K.Raghunath20. Name the auto making company which launched three new variants of the Eon-D—Liteplus, Era plus and Magna plus in the Indian market in January 2012.(A) Tata Motors(B) Hyundai Motor India(C) Volkswagen(D) Maruti SuzukiANSWERS:1. (A) 2. (A) 3. (B) 4. (A) 5. (A) 6. (A) 7. (B) 8. (A) 9. (C) 10. (D)11. (A) 12. (B) 13. (C) 14. (A) 15. (C) 16. (A) 17. (A) 18. (A) 19. (C) 20. (B)
Quick Information & History of RajasthanPosted by Admin on December 15, 200917 VotesState ProfileRajasthan is a vibrant, exotic state where tradition and royal glory meet in a riot of colors against the vastbackdrop of sand and desert. It has an unusual diversity in its entire forms- people, customs, culture,costumes, music, manners, dialects, cuisine and physiography. The land is endowed with invincible forts,magnificent palace havelis, rich culture and heritage, beauty and natural resources. It is a land rich inmusic, Dance, Art & Craft and Adventure, a land that never ceases to intrigue & enchant.There is a hauntingair of romance, about the state, which is palpable in its every nook and corner. This abode of kings is one ofthe most exotic locales for tourist world over. The state has not only survived in all its ethnicity but owes itscharisma and color to its enduring traditional way of life.It is one of the 28 states that, along with seven union territories, form the republic of India. So rich is thehistory of the land that every roadside village has its own tales of valour and sacrifice, the winds sing themand the sands shift to spread them. Rajasthan is Spicy, but then, what is life after all without little bit ofspice, Rajasthan provides abundant scope to explore it.The panoramic outlook of the state is simply mesmerizing, with lofty hills of Aravali’s – one of the oldestmountain ranges of the world and the golden sand dunes of the Great Indian Desert – the only desert of thesub-continent. No other region in the country is a conglomeration of so many paradoxes. It is a land ofsuperlatives, everything over here is breathtakingly beautiful, impressive and fascinating! The state is well
connected with other parts of the country and can be easily approached from Delhi and Bombay. Fast trains,direct bus and air connections make travel easy and comfortable.A visit to this wonderland will leave a lasting spell on your mind. In fact, one visit is not enough to capturethe real essence of this magical land. You will, we assure you, keep coming back for more. Quick History of RajasthanAncient Period, upto 1200 ADRajput clans emerged and held their sway over different parts of Rajasthan from about 700 AD. Before that,Rajasthan was a part of several republics. It was a part of the Mauryan Empire. Other major republics thatdominated this region include the Malavas, Arjunyas, Yaudhyas, Kushans, Saka Satraps, Guptas and Hunas.The Rajput clans ascendancy in Indian history was during the period from the eighth to the twelfth centuryAD. The Pratihars ruled Rajasthan and most of northern India during 750-1000 AD. Between 1000-1200 AD,Rajasthan witnessed the struggle for supremacy between Chalukyas, Parmars and Chauhans.Medieval Period, 1201 – 1707Around 1200 AD a part of Rajasthan came under Muslim rulers. The principal centers of their powers wereNagaur and Ajmer. Ranthanbhor was also under their suzerainty. At the beginning of the 13th century AD,the most prominent and powerful state of Rajasthan was Mewar.Modern Period, 1707 – 1947Rajasthan had never been united politically until its domination by Mughal Emperor – Akbar. Akbar created aunified province of Rajasthan. Mughal power started to decline after 1707. The political disintegration ofRajasthan was caused by the dismemberment of the Mughal Empire. The Marathas penetrated Rajasthanupon the decline of the Mughal Empire. In 1755 they occupied Ajmer. The beginning of the 19th Centurywas marked by the onslaught of the Pindaris.In 1817-18 the British Government concluded treaties of alliance with almost all the states of Rajputana.Thus began the British rule over Rajasthan, then called Rajputana.Post IndependenceThe erstwhile Rajputana comprised 19 princely states and two chiefships of Lava and Kushalgarh and aBritish administered territory of Ajmer-Merwara. Rajasthan State was heterogeneous conglomeration ofseparate political entities with different administrative systems prevailing in different places. The presentState of Rajasthan was formed after a long process of integration which began on March 17, 1948 andended on November 1, 1956. Before integration it was called Rajputana; after integration it came to beknown as Rajasthan. At present there are 33 districts (including the new district of Pratapgarh) in the State.
District InformationAll Districts of Rajasthan
TourismPlaces to Visit Sisodia Rani Garden has tiered multilevel gardens with fountains,water channel and painted pavilions and suites of living rooms. Amongst others, Vidhyadhar-ka-Bagh is thebest preserved one, with shady trees, flowing water, an open pavilion. It was built by the planner of thecity,Vidhyadhar....Parks and Sancturies
Rajasthan is a haven for a wide spectrum of wildlife. The topography of Rajasthan ranges from the barrendesert, scrub-thorn arid forests,rocks and ravines to wetlands and lush, green forests. And each of theseareas houses a large variety of animal and bird life. Some of them rare while some endangered.Rajasthan is the home of the tigers, black bucks,chinkara, the rare desert fox,the endangered caracal, thegreat Indian bustard,gavial, monitor lizard,wild boars,porcupine. Migratory birds like the common crane,ducks,coots, pelicans and the rare Siberian cranes,imperial sandgrouse, falcons, buzzards flocks to this stateduring the winter months. Typical areas representing each of the ecosystems have been earmarked asspecial areas wildlife. Rajasthan boasts of two National Parks,over a dozen Sanctuaries and two ClosedAreas. Most of these areas are open to visitors round the year but are closed briefly during the monsoon..Adventure TourismThe joy of being aloft in the wind and the thrill of defying the elements is what parasailing and ballooningare all about. Unlike other aerosports, in these, once off the ground, the sportsman is on his own. Since theskies are an element foreign to us, it would be judicious to take all precautions before indulging in the joyafforded by the sports. Responsibility for the safety for the sportsman depends to a large extent on the teamhelping out in this sport. Ballooning on other hand,permits the balloonist to soar high in the sky and driftover the picturesque terrain..Heritage Hotels
In a class by themselves, these heritage hotels extend their own unique services to the tourist. Dressedalmost always in traditional turbans and dhotis,the old family retainers cater to the same kind of care andhospitality to the tourists as they do to their personal guests.In most of these havelies,the host himself isalways around to ensure that the guest is comfortable and well looked after. What these palaces lack by wayof five-star facilities they more than make up by the personalized service that they extend. The Departmentof Tourism takes active interest in promoting these heritage hotels. Some are listed below. A more detailedlist is available with the Department of Tourism,Government of Rajasthan..Distance ChartTo find out : Distance between two cities, trace down the vertical column of one city to its intersection withthe column of the other city.The total road mileage in Rajasthan is 2521 kms. of national highway and around 54,000 kms. of stateroads and rural link roads. Roads provide most convenient modes of transport between Delhi and variouslocations in eastern Rajasthan, most of which are 1-5 hours of comfortable road journey from Delhi.. Art & CulturePaintings of Rajasthan
Rajasthan’s role in the development of Indian art has been very important. The decoration of dwellings andother household objects was but one aspect of the creative genius of the Rajasthani – the world of miniaturepaintings is perhaps the most fascinating and the distinctive styles that have existed here are renowned theworld over. From the 16th century onwards there flourished different schools of paintings like the Mewarschool, the Bundi-Kota kalam, the Jaipur, Bikaner, Kishengarh and Marwar schools....Jewellery & GemsRajasthan, men and women traditionally wore necklaces, armlets, anklets, earrings and rings. With theadvent of the Mughal Empire, Rajasthan became a major centre for production of the finest kind ofjewellery. It was a true blend of the Mughal with the Rajasthani craftsmanship. The Mughals broughtsophisticated design & technical know-how of the Persians with them..Art Galleries & Museums
RAJASTHAN - the land of massive forts, sprawling palaces and intricately carved temples ofcolourful tribesand brave warriors, of unrivalledform of arts and crafts, unique dance and music traditions, is changing atrapid pace. Its vast network of Museums in large and small towns, archaeological sites and the recentlyopened museums and art galleries in the palaces of erstwhile rulers of old states help to preserve this greatheritage for posterity..Folk Dance and MusicThere is a great tradition of popular poetry, which is written under the rival banners of Turru and Kalangi.This is a sung in groups in Jikri, Kanhaiyya or Geet(of the Meenas), Hele-ke-Khyal and Bam Rasiya ofEastern Rajasthan. Group singing of classical bandishes, called the Dangal or taalbandi is also unique to thisregion. Bhopas are singing priests of various deities or warrior saints.The Bhopas of Mataji wear costumesand play the Mashak..
Fairs & FestivalsThe Rajasthani’s love for colour and joyous celebrations is proved by the elaborate rituals and the gayabandon with which he surrenders himself to the numerous fairs and festivals of the region. In addition tothe festivals celebrated by the Hindus,Muslims and others,there are also the traditional fairs. People of RajasthanPeopleIn olden days, the profession of the people decided their caste. This system has now been broken. Today,individuals have the freedom to opt for any profession irrespective of caste. The profession based castesystem has now been transformed into birth-based caste system. People of various castes and sub-castesreside in Rajasthan.The Rajputs, who were the rulers of most of the erstwhile princely states of Rajasthan, form a major groupof residents of Rajasthan. Rajputs are generally stoutly built people of good height. The Rajputs generallyworshipped the Sun, Shiva, and Vishnu. Vedic religion is still followed by the Rajputs. All the auspicious andinauspicious activities are done in accordance to the Vedic traditions.The other castes found in Rajasthan are as follows:
Brahmins : Their main occupation was worshipping and performance of religious rites.Vaishya : These people generally took up business as their source of livelihood. These days they are settledin every nook and corner of the country.There is a large group of agricultural castes to be found in Rajasthan. These people depend on Agriculturefor thier livelihood. Some of these castes are Jat, Gurjar, Mali, Kalvi etc.Irrespective of the birth-based caste system, each individual is free to follow the profession / occupation asper choice, in modern Rajasthan.Many tribes are also found in different parts of Rajasthan. These tribes have their own social systems andcustoms. Some of the commonly known tribs are Meena, Bhil, Garasia, Kanjar.ReligionsThe religion and costumes of the tribes vary. They each have their own religion, costumes and profession.The religion followed by Rajasthanis, in general, is the Hindu religion. Various other religions are alsoprevalent.Some of these religions are:Jain Religion: the Jains follow the teachings of Lord Mahavira, the 24th Tirthankara. Mahavira stressed onthe practice Non-violence.Sikh Religion :Over time,there has been a considarable increase in the number of followers of Sikh religion.The sikhs belive in formless God and worship their holy book ‘Guru Granth Sahib’.Some other major religions that are followed are Buddishm, Islam, Chirstianity, Parsi religion.Costumes
The study of the people of Rajasthan is incomplete without the knowledge of costumes and ornaments. Thecostumes of the present have the reflections of the costumes of the past. .Both males and females dress in the customary dresses fully influenced by climate, economy, status and theprofession, they are engaged. The traditional dresses being Potia, Dhoti, Banda, Angrakhi, Bugatari,Pachewara, Khol, Dhabla, amongst Hindus; and Tilak, Burga, Achkan amongst Muslims which fast changingnow with Bushirt, Salwar and Skirts, Saris and Pants accordingly. Turbans the head dress of Rajasthan is adifferential pattern of each geographical region designed to its terrain and climatic influence. Clothes expressones personality and tell people which village and caste they belong.All over Rajasthan the bandhni, tie-dye sari and turban reign supreme.The common dress of the women constitutes (i) Sari or Odhani, (ii) Kanchli or Kunchuki or Choli (iii)Ghaghra or Ghaghri or Lahanga Besides, the women of high status and ranks wear dupatta and patka. Theuse of chappals or sandals or jutees is also common but ladies of high families use coloured sandalsstudded with gold threads and stars.Thus, it is concluded that the costumes of women are very colourful andfascinating.Ornaments
He use of ornaments dates back to the prehistoric times with the passage of time new designs and varietiesreplace the old ones but still there are ornaments which were used in the past and are still used in thepresent.Both men and women wear ornaments but with the passage of time, men are giving up their use. Theornaments of gold and silver are more prevalent in Rajasthan. There are certain ornaments which are usedby men.In daily use the ladies wear normal ornaments of neck, hand, nose and ear but on special occasions andsocial functions women wear all the ornaments of to look beautiful and attractive.For its exquisite designsand delicacy of art Rajasthan jewelry is a rage not only for ladies in India but also for women of foreigncountires.
• Numarical Ability• Quantitative Aptitude• Socio Economy• Prof. Knowledge• Solved Papers• IBPS Papers• IBPS Model Paper• Bank Papers• Interview Tips• Exam Tips• eBooks• Computer eBook• Banking eBook• Reasoing• English eBook• R.S. Aggarwal• Pratiyogita Darpan• All eBooks• RSS for Entries• Subscribe via E-mail• Follow on Twitter• Connect on Facebook• 16 Online Users• Friday, March 30, 2012 Must Read 120 Current Affairs MCQs 2012 for All Exams - Set 3 10:46 AM | Filed under: Current Awareness, IBPS Study Material, Must Read Current Affairs MCQs | Posted by: Admin This is the 3rd set of 120 Current Affairs quizzes. These quizzes will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well. These quizzes are based on Corporate, Economy, Sports, Science, National Current Affairs of India. This will make you better prepared to face competitive examinations like that of IBPS CWE, Bank PO, RRB, NABARD, RBI, LIC, Civil Services, MBA etc.
1. The union government of India on 1 February 2012 gave the approval for setting up a National Council for SeniorCitizens. It will be headed by the minister of____a) External Affairsb) Social Justice and Empowermentc) Homed) FinanceAnswer: (b) Social Justice and Empowerment2. As per the latest Sample registration System( SRS) bulletin, December 2011 released by the Registrar General ofIndia(RGI), it is noted that Infant Mortality Rate(IMR) dropped further from __ to __ infant deaths per 1000 livebirths during 2010.a) 50; 47b) 52; 49c) 53; 48d) 48; 47Answer: (a) 50; 473. In the period from January to November 2011, Sri Lanka received just over 7.5 lakh tourists. Of this, over 1.5lakh were Indians. Indians constituted about what per cent of the tourists to Sri Lanka in 2011?a. 20%b. 11%c. 27%d. 31%Answer: (a)4. The Review Committee on the Delhi School Education Act and Rules 1973 submitted its report to Chief MinisterSheila Dikshit on 30 January 2012. Which of the following facts are not true in this regard?1. The committee was chaired by legal expert Manish Kumar Gaur. The other members of the committee wereAbha Joshi and Shailja Chandra.2. The committee’s report is aimed at bringing about purposeful amendments to the Act and related rules3. The committee, constituted in April 2011 was mandated to examine all issues related to DSEAR-734. It suggested a new concept of conducting school inspections with the primary focus being on the learningoutcomes of children.a. 2 & 3b. 3 & 4c. Only 3d. Only 1Answer: (d)
5. Freedom fighter and one of the doyens of Indian diplomacy who was an architecht of of the 1971 Indo-SovietTreaty passed away in New Delhi on 31 january 2012. Identify him.a. A K Damodaranb. Prakash Shahc. Bali Ram Bhagatd. Shyam Nandan Prasad MishraAnswer: (a)6. Which electronic gadget maker predicting a fourth consecutive year of losses, named Kazuo Hirai as chiefexecutive officer, replacing Howard Stringer?a. Sonyb. Samsung Electronicsc. Videocond. HitachiAnswer: (a)7. Binani Industries, the holding company of Braj Binani group, cquired a Belgian fibreglass company for 275million euros. The Belgian company is a leading manufacturer of fibreglass in Europe. Name the Belgian company.1. 1B2. 2B3. 3B4. F2BAnswer: (c)8. Which state run company signed an agreement with its trade unions for increase in the wages under whichminimum guaranteed benefit would be 25% of gross?a. BHELb. CILc. IOCd. ONGCAnswer: (b)9. Which of the following banks filed a criminal complaint against Sterling Biotech, and its six directors, forallegedly defaulting on repayments on credit facilities provided by the public sector lender?a. State Bank of Travancoreb. State Bank of Mysorec. State Bank of Patialad. State Bank of IndoreAnswer: (b)10. Shailesh Rao, managing director (media & platforms) at Google’s Asia-Pacific operations, left the world’sbiggest Internet search company to set up the international business of which of the following companies?a. Yahoo
b. Rediffmailc. Skyped. TwitterAnswer: (d)11. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA) data for 150 countries over 40 yearsshowed which two countries as the only two countries in the world where female infant mortality is higher than maleinfant mortality in the 2000s?a. Venezuela & Cambodiab. Nigeria & Ghanac. China & Indiad. Indonesia & ChinaAnswer: (c)12. The fifth edition of the world future energy summit was held in Abu Dhabi from 16 to 19 January 2012. AbuDhabi is the capital of ___.a) UAEb) UKc) Iraqd) IranAnswer: (a) UAE13. Kamla Persad Bissessar visited India from 5 January 2012 to 14 January 2012. Consider the followingstatements on her.i) She is the seventh Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago.ii) She is the country’s first female Prime Minister.Choose the right option:a) Both i and ii are correct.b) Only i is correct.c) Only ii is correct.d) Neither i nor ii is correct.Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct14. What is SHADE?a) A new pact among the naval forces of India, Japan and Chinab) A new pact among the armed forces of India, Japan and Chinac) A new pact among the naval forces of India, Japan and Russiad) A new pact among the armed forces of India, Japan and RussiaAnswer: (a) A new pact among the naval forces of India, Japan and China15. Market regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on 28 January 2012 decided to enhance theminimum investment amount per client managed by portfolio managers. Which of the following facts are not truewith respect to the above statement?
2. SEBI decided to enhance the minimum investment amount per client managed by portfolio managers to Rs.25lakh from Rs.5 lakh3. insurance companies and mutual funds, which are broad-based investment vehicles representing the interests ofthe public at large to be included in the provisions of SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements)Regulations4. As per the current norm, SEBI (ICDR) Regulations preclude companies from issuing preferential allotment toentities which have sold any of their holdings during the six months prior to the relevant date5. SEBI approved changes in the SEBI (Mutual Fund) Regulations, 1996, which ask the asset managementcompanies (AMCs) to ensure a fair treatment to all investors.a. Only 1b. Only 2c. Only 3d. Only 4Answer: (b)16. The Union government in January 2012 decided to subscribe to preferential equity shares issued by which of thetwo public sector banks?a. SBI & PNBb. PNB & Union Bankc. SBI & UCOd. Bank of Baroda & Canara BankAnswer: (a)17. According to the data released by the Commerce and Industry Ministry on 30 January 2012, the growth rate ofeight core industries slowed down to what per cent in December 2011 from 6.3 per cent in December 2010?a. 2.5%b. 3.1 %c. 4%d. 5.2%Answer: (b)18. The apex decision-making body of the communications ministry, the Telecom Commission decided to allowmobile phone companies to share spectrum. Identify the statement which is incorrect.1. The Commission has however limited this facility to 3G airwaves alone2. Only those operators that have airwaves in a particular region can share it. Spectrum can be shared onlybetween two spectrum holders3. Two companies can share airwaves only if their combined holdings do not exceed the limits prescribed in theM&A norms4. Spectrum sharing deals will also have to be renewed every five yearsa. Only 4b. Only 2c. Only 1d. 2 & 3
Answer: (c)19. The Union government on 31 January 2012 revised the economic growth rate for 2010-2011 financial year towhat percent in comparison to the previous estimate of 8.5 percent?a. 8%b. 8.4%c. 7.5%d. 7%Answer: (b)20. Which team coached by R R Jadeja won its second consecutive Ranji Trophy title by defeating Tamil Nadu atthe MA Chidambaram stadium on 23 January 2012?a. Karnatakab. West Bengalc. Andhra Pradeshd. RajasthanAnswer: (d)21. Which Australian batsman was honoured with Austrlia’s highest civil honour - an officer (AO) in the generaldivision of the Order of Australia for distinguished service to the sport of cricket as a leading player?a. Ricky Pontingb. Adam Gilchristc. Michael Husseyd. Andrew SymondsAnswer: (a)22. The 2012 men’s final of the Australian Open went past the 2008 Wimbledon final time record, finishing after 5hours and 53 minutes of play. Who emerged winner in the epic final?a. Andy Murrayb. Roger Federerc. Novak Djokovicd. Rafael NadalAnswer: (c)23. Name the woman tennnis player who won her win first Grand Slam title by winning in the finals of of theAustralian Open 2012.a. Victoria Azarenkab. Svetlana Kuznetsovac. Maria Sherapovad. Caroline WozniackiAnswer: (a)
24. Which of the following table tennis players won his maiden national title by defeating a six time champion inthe final of the 73rd Senior National and Inter-State Table Tennis Championships in Lucknow on 29 January 2012?a. A Sharath Kamalb. A Amalrajc. N Ganeshand. T.RajuAnswer: (b)25. The White House on 10 February 2012 named Indias renowned economist as the receipient of the 2011 USNational Humanities Medal. Identify him.a. Montek Singh Ahluwaliab. C. Rangarajanc. Usha Thoratd. Amartya SenAnswer: (d)26. Singer and actress Whitney Houston died on 11 February 2012 in a Beverly Hills hotel room California.Which of the facts about her are not true?1. Houston is a winner of six Grammy Awards including record of the year for I Will Always Love You andalbum of the year for The Bodyguard2. Houstons 1985 debut album Whitney Houston became the best-selling debut album by a female act at the timeof its release. The album was named Rolling Stones best album of 1986, and was ranked at number 254 on RollingStones list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time3. She had made her national televised debut alongside Davis on Gimme a Break.4. She had won her first Grammy award for Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female for Saving All My Love forYou.5. She is the first artist to have two number-one Billboard 200 Album awards (formerly "Top Pop Album") on theBillboard magazine year-end charts.a. 1 & 5b. Only 2c. Only 5d. 2 & 4Answer: (c)27. The sixty-fifth annual British Academy Film awards, the BAFTA’s was held at the Royal Opera House inLondon 12 February 2012. Which film swept the award ceremony winning a total of 6 awards?a. The Iron Ladyb. The Artistc. We Need to Talk About Kevind. HugoAnswer: (b)
28. This British singer with six nominations, won all six awards at 54th Annual Grammy Awards held on 12February 2012 for the album 21, thus tying Beyoncés record for most wins by a female artist in one night. Identifythe singer.a. Bon Iverb. Lady Gagac. Adeled. Whitney HoustonAnswer: (c)29. Pakistani archaeologists discovered a rare Indus Valley civilization-era seal in steatite dating back to2500-2000 BC from the Cholistan area of which of the following province in Pakistan?a. Punjab Privinceb. Balochistanc. Khyber Pakhtunkhwad. FATAAnswer: (a)30. There were as many as 1359 foreigners, who availed themselves of the Visa on Arrival scheme in Januarycompared with 790 in January 2011. What was the per centage growth recorded in number of foreigners availingVisa on Arrival (VoA) scheme in January 2012?a. 70%b. 72%c. 75%d. 82%Answer: (b)31. As per the provisional figures of exports released on 9 February 2012, India’s exports in January 2012 rose towhat per cent to $25.4 billion?a. 10.1%b. 7%c. 12.32%d. 8.3%Answer: (a)32. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 14 February 2012, issued the ‘Draft Circular for Deployment of White LabelAutomated Teller Machines (WLAs) from non-bank entities. Which of the following facts related to this statementis/are not true?1. The WLA operator can choose the location of the WLA. However, it will have to adhere to annual targets andthe ratio of WLA between Tier I &II and Tier III-VI centres that may be stipulated by the RBI.2. Non-bank entities proposing to set up WLAs have to apply to the RBI seeking authorisation under the Paymentand Settlement Systems Act 20073. The non-banking entities should have a minimum net worth of Rs. 1000 crore at the time of making the
application and on a continuing basis after issue of the requisite authorisation.4. Being non-bank owned ATMs, the guidelines on five free transactions in a month for using other bank ATMswill not be applicable for transactions made on the WLAs.5. The WLA operator will have to declare one Sponsor Bank, which will serve as the Settlement Bank for thesettlement of all the service transactions at the WLAs.a. 2 & 5b. Only 1c. Only 3d. Only 5Answer: (c)33. Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) headed by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on 15 February 2012approved the auction route for selling 5 per cent stake in state-run oil major?a. IOCb. ONGCc. HPCLd. BPCLAnswer: (b)34. As per official data released on 14 February 2012, headline inflation eased to a 26-month low in January 2012from 7.47 per cent in December 2011 on the back of further fall in vegetable prices. What did the headline inflationstand at in January 2012?a. 6.55%b. 5.33%c. 5.75%d. 7.1%Answer: (a) 1. Name the veteran hindi film music composer Rajesh Roshan was honoured with the Lata Manageshkar awardby the Madhya Pradesh government on 8 February 2012.a. A R Rehmanb. Rajesh Roshanc. Adnan Samid. Leslie LewisAnswer: (b)35. Noted Hindi writer Professor Ramdarash Mishra was selected for the 21st Vyas Samman for his poetrycollection. For which of his poetry collection was he selected for the award?a. Pak gai hai dhoopb. Path ke Geetc. Kandhe par Surajd. Aam Ke PatteAnswer: (d)
36. Renowned Urdu poet and noted lyricist of Umrao Jaan, Akhlaq Mohammad Khan passed away in Aligarh on13 February 2012 after battling lung cancer. Which of the facts about the poet given below are not true?1. Akhlaq Mohammad Khan wrote under the pen name Shahryar2. Shahryar started his career as a literary assistant at Anjuman Tarraqqi-e-Urdu. He then went on to join JamiaMillia Islamia, as a lecturer in Urdu and rose to become the chairman of the Urdu Department3. Shahryar had received the Jnanpith Award, Indias highest literary award, in the year 2008.4. He edited the literary magazine Sher-o-Hikmat. In 1987 he received the Sahitya Akademy Award in Urdu forhis poetry collection, `Khwab Ka Dar Band Haia. 1 & 3b. Only 3c. Only 2d. 3 & 4Answer: (c)37. 44th Session of Indian Labour Conference was held on 14 – 15th February, 2012 under the chairmanship ofShri Mallikarjun Kharge, Union Minister of Labour & Employment. Which of the facts given below are not trueabout the conference?1. The conference was inaugurated by the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh2. The Conference deliberated upon very topical and critical issues viz., (i) Minimum Wages, (ii) Social Securityand (iii) Employability and Employment.3. The first such tripartite consultation at the national level was held in 1942 as the Tripartite National LabourConference – subsequently renamed as Indian Labour Conference since 19444. 45 Sessions of Indian Labour Conference have been held so far to discuss prominent labour related issues.a. Only 4b. 2 & 3c. 1& 3d. Only 3Answer: (a)38. Name the senior BJP leader and Higher Education Minister of Karnataka who died in Bangalore on 14February 2012 following a massive cardiac arrest.a. Katti Ramesh Vishwanathb. G.S.Basavarajc. K.H. Muniyappad. V S AcharyaAnswer: (d)
39. Consider the following statements and using the code given below identify the personality with whom thesestatements are associated1. He was the founder of Max Telecom2. He is the founder and Chairman of Max India3. He has been appointed the Non-Executive Chairman of Vodafone India4. He is a veteran of Telecom Industry(a). Deepak Parekh(b). Sunil Bharati Mittal(c). KP Singh(d). Analjeet SinghAnswer: (d)40. Which of the following Indian Telecom company on 16 February 2012 got the RBI nod for FCCBredemption?(a). Reliance Telecom(b). Uninor(c). Airtel(d). VodafoneAnswer: (a)41. Cognizant which on 13 February 2012 inked a 5-year deal with Future Group is a(a). Logistic Company(b). Aviation Company(c). Online Retail Company(d). Technology Solution CompanyAnswer: (d)42. Kintetsu World Express of Japan and Gati on 13 February 2012 entered into a Joint Venture of which of thefollowing sector?(a). Electronic Equipments(b). Supply Chain(c). Single Brand Retail(d). Technology SolutionAnswer: (b)43. Legrand, the French electronic and digital equipments company on 9 February 2012 acquired the UPS businessof which of the following Indian brand?(a). Luminous(b). Onida(c). Numeric Power(d). InvertabularAnswer: (c)
44. Consider the following statements and using the code given below identify the personality with whom thesestatements are associated1. He is the Serbian National2. He holds number one position in world Tennis ranking3. He has been given the highest Serbian award, the Gold Star of Karadjordje on 15 February 20124. He has five grand slam titles in his name(a) Novack Djokovik(b) Rafael Nadal(c) Roser Federar(d) Leton HewitAnswer: (a)45. Which of the following Indian company on 16 February 2012 withdrew its decision to quash all its ties with theBCCI(a) Reliance Industries(b) Essar(c) Sahara Group(d) VodafoneAnswer: (c)46. Who was sacked as the Bowling Coach of Indian Cricket Team on 13 February 2012?(a) Garry Kirsten(b) Venkatesh Prasad(c) Eric Simons(d) Brad HoggAnswer: (c)47. India had appealed to the International Olympic Committee to withdraw the sponsorship of which company fromthe London Olympics(a) Dow Chemicals(b) Vodafone(c) General Motors(d) GoogleAnswer: (a)48. Andrew Symonds, who announced his retirement from all the formats of cricket on 16 February 2012, is theplayer of(a) England(b) Newzeland(c) Australia(d) South Africa
Answer: (c)49. Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram inaugurated the the fourth and final regional hub of the NationalSecurity Guard (NSG) in which of the following places on 23 February 2012a. Mumbaib. Imphalc. Srinagard. VishakhapattnamAnswer: (a)50. As a part of the Chacha Nehru Sehat Yojna (CNSY) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on 20 February 2012launched a major State-wide de-worming campaign. Which of the following facts are not correct with respect to thede-worming campaign?1. The campaign aims to de-worm the children and save them from worm-infested diseases such as anaemia,malnutrition, and physical and mental retardation2. Delhi Government had earlier conducted a study and found that the average prevalence of soil-transmittedworms was around 16 per cent3. To overcome this, all school-age children of Delhi Government schools, Municipal Corporation Delhi schools,New Delhi Municipal Council schools, Delhi Cantonment Board schools, pre-school children in Anganwadi centres,and the adolescent girls of SABLA programme was given one dose of the de-worming medication on 21 february2012, the de-worming day.4. The exercise was conducted in schools and Anganwadi centres, where the teachers and Anganwadi workerswould administer mebendazole de-worming tablets to every child.5. The Chacha Nehru Sehat Yojna was introduced in September 2010 to provide health check-ups and freetreatment to students studying in Delhi government, New Delhi Municipal Council, Municipal Corporation of Delhiand Delhi Cantonment Board schoolsa. 3 & 4b. Only 4c. Only 5d. 2 & 4Answer: (c)51. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) panel on priority sector lending on 21 February 2012 proposed increment inthe target (priority sector) for foreign banks to 40% of net bank credit from the current level of 32 per cent with sub-targets of 15 per cent for exports and 15 per cent for the MSE sector. The committee was headed by which of thefollowing members?a. M. V. Nairb. Dr. D. Subbaraoc. Dr. K.C. Chakrabartyd. Subir GokranAnswer: (a)
52. The new version of MGNREGA included more than 25 agriculture and allied activities. The new version of theact will be implemented from___.a) 1 April 2012b) 1 May 2012c) 1 June 2012d) 1 July 2012Answer: (a) 1 April 201253. The Vice President Mohammed Hamid Ansari released a collection of poems titled LAVA in New Delhi. Thepoems were written by___.a) Javed Akhtarb) Hamid Ansaric) Salman Rushdied) Salman KhanAnswer: (a) Javed Akhtar54. India asked which one of the following nations to bring in a national anti-piracy legislation for investigation andprosecution of suspected pirates?a) Somaliab) Chinac) Egyptd) GhanaAnswer: (a) Somalia55. India and Pakistan on 21 February 2012 agreed to extend the agreement to reduce the risk from accidents relatedto nuclear weapons for another___ years.a) Fiveb) Fourc) Threed) TwoAnswer: (a) Five56. The largest (12.76 carat) rough pink diamond ever found in Australia was discovered in a West Australian mineowned by Rio Tinto. What was diamond named?a. Argyle Pink Jubileeb. Williamson Pinkc. Aurora Butterfly of Peaced. Eureka DiamondAnswer: (a)57. A phase-two study of the World Bank’s crisis response, presented in a report, titled The World Bank’s Responseto the Global Economic Crisis: Phase II was released on 23 February 2012. Which of the following facts stated
below is incorrect with respect to the report?1. Low resource allocation at the start of the crisis and the assumption that all financing demands could beaccommodated from existing patterns of lending had played a role in the Bank’s ultimate lending decisions.2. While equity-to-loan ratios of the Bank at the outset of the crisis were around 37.5 per cent, the recent financialfigures released by the Bank for quarter closing September 2011 suggested it had come down to 29 per cent3. while much of the budget-support lending that the Bank undertook in India had helped signal the strength ofpublic sector banks in the country, yet many of these public sector banks had capital adequacy ratios conforming toIndian government norms at the outset of crisis4. The lending phenomenon was driven by country demand for Bank lending, and hence countries that were mostengaged with the Bank before the crisis tended to approach the Bank more and in some cases get loans more quicklya. 1 & 3b. Only 2c. 3 & 4d. Only 4Answer: (b)58. Delhi High Court on 23 February 2012 dismissed a plea from the Centre challenging Telecom DisputesSettlement and Appellate Tribunal’s (TDSAT) authority to stop which of the following bodies from enforcing a banon 3G roaming pacts between telcos?a. Supreme Courtb. HRD Ministryc. DoTd. Finance MinistryAnswer: (c)59. Cabinet Committee for Economic Affairs approved the National Dairy Development Board’s ambitiousNational Dairy Plan for the 12th Five-Year Plan to be initiated in 2012. Which of the following facts with regard tothe statement is not true?2. The project is aimed at boosting milk production using scientific breeding and feeding programmes coveringabout 2.7 million milch animals in 40000 villages3. According to the National Dairy Development Board, the demand for milk is likely to be about 150 milliontonne by 2016-17 and 200-210 million tonne by 2021-22. India was the third largest milk producing nation in2010-11 with a production of 100.2 million tonne.4. Cooperatives currently procure about 16% of the national marketable milk surplus covering around 21% of thecountry’s villages and 18% of rural milk producing households5. The cooperative sector is needed to achieve a procurement share of at least 20% of the marketable milk surplusby 2016-17 so as to retain an overall 50% share of the marketable surplus handled by the organised sectora. 1 & 3b. Only 3c. Only 2d. 3 & 4Answer: (c)
60. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on13 February 2012 changed the bank rate, a medium-term signal rate after nineyears with the objective to realign it with the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate as a one-time technicaladjustment to link it with the main policy repo rate. What does the changed bank rate stand stand at?a. 9.5%b. 8.3%c. 10.1%d. 8%Answer: (a)61. As per the first nationwide retail inflation data released by the Centre of Statistical Office on 21 February 2012,inflation based on the all India Consumer Price Index stood at what per cent in January 2012?a. 6.6%b. 7.65c. 8.32%d. 5.50%Answer: (b)62. The Prime Ministers Economic Advisory Panel (PMEAC) on 22 February 2012 projected 7.5 - 8 per centgrowth rate for the fiscal 2012-13. Which of the following facts are true with respect to the above statement?1. The economy recorded a growth rate of 8.4 per cent in 2010-11, which according to the CSO estimates isexpected to moderate to 6.7 per cent in the current fiscal 2011-122. Inflation was projected to moderate to 6.5% by March 2012 and 5-6 per cent in 2012-13.3. The manufacturing sector was projected to grow by 4.8 percent while construction segment is expected toexpand by 5.3 percent.4. Projected Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for 2012 is substantially down from the budgetary target ofaround nine percent, and 8.4 percent expansion registered in 201a. Only 4b. Only 1c. Only 2d. 1, 2 & 4Answer: (d)63. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) panel on priority sector lending on 21 February 2012 proposed increment in thetarget (priority sector) for foreign banks to what per cent of net bank credit from the current level of 32 per cent withsub-targets of 15 per cent for exports and 15 per cent for the MSE sector?a. 53%b. 40%c. 46%d. 39%Answer: (b)
64. Consider the following statements and using the code given below identify the personality with whom thesestatements are associated2. He is the Chairman of HDFC3. He has been given the Ernst & Young Lifetime Achievement Award 20114. He is one of the pioneer in the Housing Finance in the country5. He is on the board of Castrol India Limited(a) Deepak Parekh(b) Rahul Bhatia(c) Ratan Tata(d) Analjeet SinghAnswer: (a)65. Rahul Bhatia, who was chosen for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award is the Managing Director of(a) Qualcomm Communications(b) Jet Airways(c) Vodafone(d) InterGlobe EnterprisesAnswer: (d)66. Etisalat Which has initiated the legal proceeding against the promoters of Swan Telecom, its joint venturepartner in India, is a(a) Baharain Based Company(b) UAE Based Company(c) Australia Based Company(d) Russia Based CompanyAnswer: (b)67. The Competition Commission of India, under the Competition Act, 2002of Parliament, has been empowered tolook into(a) high voltage merger and acquisition deals(b) market activities(c) security market tradings(d) client base of different companiesAnswer: (a)68. World’s largest two wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp on 22 February 2012 inked a pact with Erik BuellRacing [EBR]. EBR is an(a) USA based company(b) UAE based company(c) Argentina based company(d) UK based companyAnswer: (a)
69.Consider the following statements and using the code given below identify the personality with whom thesestatements are associated1. He is an Australian national2. He led the Australian cricket team twice to the world cup victory3. He has 30 centuries and 82 fifties in ODI in his name4. He on 21 February 2012 announced his retirement from the One day cricket(a) Andrew Simonds(b) Shane Watson(c) Ricky Ponting(d) Kevin PietersonAnswer: (c)70. Which of the following team defeated Indian women hockey team in the final match of London OlympicQualifiers(a) South Africa(b) France(c) Australia(d) New ZealandAnswer: (a)71. Dow Chemicals whose sponsorship to the London Olympics was highly protested in India is the parent companyof(a) Union Carbide(b) Etisalat(c) Vodafone(d) Coca ColaAnswer: (b)72. Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina suffered a crushing defeat against top seeds Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymondand finished runners-up at the(a) Australian Open(b) WTA Dubai Open(c) Chennai Open(d) Korean OpenAnswer: (b)73. Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina won his 10th career ATP title by beating(a) Roger Federar(b) Rafael Nadal(c) Novac Djokovick(d) Michael LlodraAnswer: (d)
74. According to data released by the ministry of commerce and industry on 28 February 2012, output of eightcore segments that comprise the manufacturing sector dipped to 0.5% in January 2012, marking the slowest growthin three months. What is the total weight of the eight core segments in the index for industrial production (IIP)?a. 42%b. 37.9%c. 53%d. 51.4%Answer: (b)75. The union government decided to boost public spending in the health sector to what per cent of GDP from thecurrent 1.4 per cent over five years (12th Five Year Plan period begining 2012)?a. 2.5%b. 3%c. 3.33%d. 4.5%Answer: (a)76. As per the data released by the Central Statistical organisation (CSO) on 29 February 2012, India’s economicgrowth rate dipped to what percent in the third quarter (october-december ) of 2011-12 due to poor performance ofthe manufacturing, mining and farm sectors?a. 5.5%b. 3.2%c. 6.1%d. 6.6%Answer: (c)77. As per the data released by the Controller General of Accounts on 29 February 2012, fiscal deficit was 105 percent of the total annual target in the April-January period of 2011-12. What did the deficit stand at?a. Rs 4 lakh croreb. Rs 3.33 lakh crorec. Rs 5.21 lakh crored. Rs 4.34 lakh croreAnswer: (d)78. Scientists recently found the treatment for Glaucoma in rats. Glaucoma is an __ disease.a) Eyeb) Earc) Lungd) SkinAnswer: (a) Eye79. Scientists identified two genes, which are linked to Parkinson’s. The genes are called__.
a) NACP and MAPTb) NCAP and MPATc) NPAC and MTPAd) NNCP and MMPAAnswer: (a) NACP and MAPT80. Erosion and diversion of Rushikulya river mouth in Odishas Ganjam district seem to be posing a serious threatto the annual mass nesting of the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtles. Consider the following statements:i) The olive ridley sea turtle is also known as the Pacific ridley.ii) It is a species of sea turtle.Choose the right option:a) Both i and ii are correct.b) Only i is correct.c) Only ii is correct.d) Neither i nor ii is correct.Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct81. Which one of the following state governments imposed restrictions on the visit of foreign tourists to the areasinhabited by Tribals?a) Odishab) Biharc) Madhya Pradeshd) Uttar PradeshAnswer: (a) Odisha82. Indian black eagle was spotted in the Aravali Biodiversity park after a gap of __ years.a) 90b) 80c) 70d) 60Answer: (a) 9083. According to data released by the ministry of commerce and industry on 28 February 2012, output of eightcore segments that comprise the manufacturing sector dipped to 0.5% in January 2012, marking the slowest growthin three months. What is the total weight of the eight core segments in the index for industrial production (IIP)?a. 42%b. 37.9%c. 53%d. 51.4%Answer: (b)84. The union government decided to boost public spending in the health sector to what per cent of GDP from the
current 1.4 per cent over five years (12th Five Year Plan period begining 2012)?a. 2.5%b. 3%c. 3.33%d. 4.5%Answer: (a)85. As per the data released by the Central Statistical organisation (CSO) on 29 February 2012, India’s economicgrowth rate dipped to what percent in the third quarter (october-december ) of 2011-12 due to poor performance ofthe manufacturing, mining and farm sectors?a. 5.5%b. 3.2%c. 6.1%d. 6.6%Answer: (c)86. As per the data released by the Controller General of Accounts on 29 February 2012, fiscal deficit was 105 percent of the total annual target in the April-January period of 2011-12. What did the deficit stand at?a. Rs 4 lakh croreb. Rs 3.33 lakh crorec. Rs 5.21 lakh crored. Rs 4.34 lakh croreAnswer: (d)87. Scientists recently found the treatment for Glaucoma in rats. Glaucoma is an __ disease.a) Eyeb) Earc) Lungd) SkinAnswer: (a) Eye88. Scientists identified two genes, which are linked to Parkinson’s. The genes are called__.a) NACP and MAPTb) NCAP and MPATc) NPAC and MTPAd) NNCP and MMPAAnswer: (a) NACP and MAPT89. Erosion and diversion of Rushikulya river mouth in Odishas Ganjam district seem to be posing a serious threatto the annual mass nesting of the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtles. Consider the following statements:i) The olive ridley sea turtle is also known as the Pacific ridley.ii) It is a species of sea turtle.
Choose the right option:a) Both i and ii are correct.b) Only i is correct.c) Only ii is correct.d) Neither i nor ii is correct.Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct90. Which one of the following state governments imposed restrictions on the visit of foreign tourists to the areasinhabited by Tribals?a) Odishab) Biharc) Madhya Pradeshd) Uttar PradeshAnswer: (a) Odisha91. Indian black eagle was spotted in the Aravali Biodiversity park after a gap of __ years.a) 90b) 80c) 70d) 60Answer: (a) 9092. According to data released by the government on 19 March 2012, retail inflation stood at what per cent inFebruary 2012 as a result of higher prices of protein based items, edible oil products and manufactured goods?a. 8.83%b. 7.74%c. 7%d. 6.9%Answer: (a)93. The Union Finance Minister (FM) Pranab Mukherjee tabled the Union Budget in the Parliament of India on 16March 2012 for the fiscal year 2012-13. The total expenditure for 2012-13 is estimated what amount?a. Rs 1400025 croreb. Rs 1490925 crorec. Rs 1451033 crored. Rs 1444264 croreAnswer: (b)94. In the Economic Survey tabled by the Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on 15 March 2012, Indianeconomy was estimated to grow by what per cent in 2011-12 mainly due to weakening industrial growth?a. 6.5%b. 6%
c. 5.2%d. 6.9%Answer: (d)95. The Union Railway Budget 2012-13 was presented in the Lok Sabha on 14 March 2012 by Union RailwayMinister Dinesh Trivedi. Which of the following facts related to the budget are not true?1. The total union budget outlay for 2012-13 stood at Rs 60100 crore.2. The fares were raised in the budget. The fares were raised 5 paise per km for suburban and ordinary secondclass. Fares for mail express second class was raised by only 2 paise per km3. Union Railway budget 2012-13 proposed to allocate about Rs 4410 crore to capacity augmentation works4. The Union railway proposed to electrify 6500 route kilometers during the 12th Plan period. This would includeelectrification of Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla line and hence provide pollution free traction to the pristineKashmir Valley5. Union railway Minister proposed to raise the allocation under passenger amenities from Rs 762 crore in2011-12 to Rs 1102 crore in 2012-13a. 3 & 5b. Only 4c. Only 2d. 3 & 4Answer: (c)96. Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukharjee presented the annual budget for the fiscal year 2012-13 in theparliament on 16 March 2012. The Union Minister of Finance came up with an increased budgetary allocation forvarious sectors including agriculture, rural development, defence etc. Which of the statements are not true withrespect to the budgetary allocations?1. Budgetary allocation for agriculture and allied activities 2012-13 increased by 16%. 9217 crore rupees allocatedfor Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana2. 20,000 crore rupees allocated for Rural Infrastructure Development Fund3. Sarva Siksha Abhiyan-Right to Education- 25555 crore rupees4. 193407 crore rupees aallocated for Defence services including 79579crore rupees for capital expenditure5. 20822 crore rupees National Rural Health Missiona. 1 & 5b. Only 1c. 2 & 5d. Only 4Answer: (b)97. Consider the following statements using the code given below identify the personality with whom thesestatements are associated1. He has recently announced his retirement from International Test Cricket2. He is the second highest run getter in international test cricket3. He made his international debut on 20 June 1996 while playing at the Lord’s against England
4. He has the highest test catches to his credit(a) Sourav Ganguly(b) Adam Gilchrist(c) VVS Laxman(d) Rahul DravidAnswer: (d)98. Which one of the following statements is wrong(a) Anjum Chopra will lead the Indian team in the limited-over series against Australia(b) Anjum Chopra is a leading hockey player(c) Indian women Kabaddi team won first women World Cup Kabaddi championship title(d) Akhil Kumar is a boxerAnswer: (b)99. Who among the following tennis players won Dubai Open Singles Title?(a) Rafael Nadal(b) Roger Federer(c) Novak Djokovic(d) Andy MurrayAnswer: (a)100. Dav Whatmore was appointed as the principal coach by which of the following teams?(a) Pakistan(b) Australia(c) Zimbabwe(d) South AfricaAnswer: (a)101. Indian Tennis pair of Mahesh Bhupati and Rohan Bopanna won the doubles title of Dubai Open on 3 March2012. It was Bhupati’s ..............career title. (a) 30th (b) 15th (c) 50th (d) 1stAnswer: (c)102. Consider the following statements and using the code given below identify the personality with whom thesestatements are associated1. He has recently joined the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited as its Chairman2. He is one of the few outsiders to head HAL3. He started his career with ONGC in 19764. He has also served as the head of Pawan Hans Limited
(a) RK Sharma(b) RK Tyagi(c) AM Naik(d) Pratip ChaudhuryAnswer: (b)103. Which of the following Indian company has formed a joint venture with South African firm Exxaro(a) Reliance Industries(b) Essar(c) Tata Power(d) Vodafone IndiaAnswer: (c)104. Who has been appointed the new Managing Director of Hyundai India?(a) Bo Shin Seo(b) Andrew Mark(c) Anil Aggarwal(d) Anand MahindraAnswer: (a)105. Admax, South Asia’s largest digital media network was acquired by which Indian company(a) Komli Media(b) Mindtree(c) Tata Teleservices(d) Google IndiaAnswer: (a)106. James Murdoch, who on 29 February 2012 stepped down as Executive Chairman of News International is sonof(a) Rupert Grint(b) Steve Murdoch(c) Mark Rupert(d) Rupert MurdochAnswer: (d)107. Consider the following statements using the code given below identify the personality with whom thesestatements are associated2. He has recently been appointed as the Chairman of Mindtree Limited3. He is also the co-founder of Mindtree limited4. He has replaced Ashok Soota as the Chairman of Mindtree Limited5. He has also served as the Vice Chaiman of Mindtree(a) Subroto Bagchi
(b) Vivek Hooda(c) Ashok Malik(d) Pradeep RungtaAnswer: (a)108. Which one of the following statements is wrong(a) Varun Berry resigned from the Pepsi Co India on 29 February 2012(b) He was the Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo India Food(c) He joined the company in 2006(d) As the CEO of PepsiCo India Foods, he promoted brands like Lay’s, Quaker, Kurkure and LeharAnswer: (c)109. Who has been appointed the new Managing Director of Hyundai India?(a) Bo Shin Seo(b) Andrew Mark(c) Anil Aggarwal(d) Anand MahindraAnswer: (a)110. Company Law Board on 1 March 2012, returned the petitions of(a) Telenor and Unitech(b) Reliance Telecom(c) Etisalat DB(d) STelAnswer: (a)111. Which of the following public sector bank has appointed Madhukant Girdharlal Sanghvi as its newChairman(a) Bank of Baroda(b) Allahabad Bank(c) State Bank of Maharashtra(d) Syndicate BankAnswer: (d)112.Consider the following statements and using the code given below identify the personality with whom thesestatements are associated1. He is an Australian national2. He led the Australian cricket team twice to the world cup victory3. He has 30 centuries and 82 fifties in ODI in his name4. He on 21 February 2012 announced his retirement from the One day cricket(a) Andrew Simonds(b) Shane Watson
(c) Ricky Ponting(d) Kevin PietersonAnswer: (c)113. Which of the following team defeated Indian women hockey team in the final match of London OlympicQualifiers(a) South Africa(b) France(c) Australia(d) New ZealandAnswer: (a)114. Dow Chemicals whose sponsorship to the London Olympics was highly protested in India is the parentcompany of(a) Union Carbide(b) Etisalat(c) Vodafone(d) Coca ColaAnswer: (b)115. Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina suffered a crushing defeat against top seeds Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymondand finished runners-up at the(a) Australian Open(b) WTA Dubai Open(c) Chennai Open(d) Korean OpenAnswer: (b)116. Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina won his 10th career ATP title by beating(a) Roger Federar(b) Rafael Nadal(c) Novac Djokovick(d) Michael LlodraAnswer: (d)117. In context with agriculture, 2012 is being launched as the year of ___?(a) Green Manure(b) Organic Farming(c) Horticulture(d) SericultureAnswer: (c) Horticulture
118. Who among the following has won the Best actor Award in the 59th National Film Awards 2011?(a) Amir Khan(b) Nasiruddin Shah(c) Girish Kulkarni(d) Salman KhanAnswer: (c) Girish Kulkarni119. The four leading countries in the recently held first womens World Cup Kabaddi championship were asfollows:(a) India, Iran, Japan, Russia(b) India, Iran, Japan, Thailand(c) India, Australia, Japan, Iran(d) India, Australia, Iran, JapanAnswer: (b) India, Iran, Japan, Thailand120. Recently, the Empowered Group of Ministers, EGoM has decided to allocate 700 megahertz spectrum foroffering which among the following telecom services?(a) 2G(b) 3G(c) 4G(d) 5GAnswer: (c) 4GRead more:http://ibpsexamination.blogspot.com/2012/03/must-read-120-current-affairs-mcqs-2012.html#ixzz1qcgp9sUV