Kerangka Konsep Amalan Nilai Profesionalisme Keguruan:Nilai-nilai utama dalam Amalan Nilai Profesionalisme Keguruan adalah berlandaskan Tujuh Dimensi Budaya Institut Pendidikan Guru (IPG) yang juga mengambil kira Tatasusila Profesion Keguruan, nilai murni dalam kurikulum sekolah, Nilai Utama dalam Perkhidmatan Awam, Prinsip Utama Etika Kerja Kementerian Pelajaran Malaysia, dan Tonggak Dua Belas.
Standard Guru Malaysia
NUR HAMIDAH BINTI HASSAN
KHAIRUL HAFIZD BIN MOHD ASRI
MUHAMMAD AMAN BIN HASBULLAH
• The Malaysian Teacher Standard ( Standard
Guru Malaysia SGM)
• Its implication to Teaching Profession In
“ We want teachers who are
professionals, can teach effectively,
and are true educators”.
Dato’ Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein (2005)
• Teacher - Malaysia aspires to have
high competence in the practice of the
Professional Teaching (Standard 1),
Knowledge and Understanding
(Standard 2) Teaching and Learning
Skills (Standard 3).
• The three standards are
represented by the three overlap
• This emphasize the aspects of
teacher competence is controlled
by interdependent and integrated.
The Frame of Professional Teaching Values
• The Core values in S1 based on:
Seven culture dimension in Teacher
Teaching Profession Ethics
Good values in school curriculum
Main Values in Public Service
Main Principles of Work Ethics
The Twelve Pillars (Tonggak 12)
Main principle of the Ministry of
Education Work Ethic
Professional Teaching Values
By practicing all domains in Standard Practice Teaching
• Teachers have goals, objectives, and clear educational
• Teachers have strong ideals and capable of making
changes and can be proactive.
• Teachers will strive to improve their own ability,
commitment, initiative, and personal responsibility in
building a superior and high performance in their duties.
• Identify the level of professional competence in the
practice of the teacher professionalism, knowledge
and understanding, as well as teaching and learning
• As a guidance. Preparation and implementation of the
training needs of the agency and teacher training
institutions to ensure teacher competency levels set
• Malaysian Teacher Standards will be able to identify
policies and development strategies that teacher
education should be improved in line with current
developments and challenges in education.
• As a coordinating document.
• As a prove that teaching is a profession in Malaysia.
Knowledge and Understanding
• By mastering knowledge and understanding,
teacher can improve their confidence and
professional duties to maintain effectiveness.
• The implementation of Knowledge and
understanding standards will ensure the
professional quality of teachers at the high
level and keep it relevant to the development
Teaching and Learning Skills
• By mastering the skills to plan, implement,
monitor, assess and evaluate, and good
classroom management teacher can
produce an efficient teaching and learning.
• The classroom environment also will be fun
The Large white circle that overlap describes
the main requirements that should be provided
by the agency and teacher training institutions
to support and help teachers achieve the
• The requirements are :
Entry qualifications and procedures for candidate
recruitment teacher training programs (Requirement 1)
Training, assessment and evaluation of teaching
programs (Requirement 2)
Collaboration (Requirement 3)
Infrastructure and Info-structure (Requirement 4)
Quality assurance (Requirement 5)
Great circle that encloses the basic
requirements specification describes the
standards and requirements of the National
Mission, the National Education Philosophy,
Philosophy of Teacher Education, Teaching
Profession Conduct and Work Ethics of
Ministry of Education,
Globe in the middle circle refers to the quality
standards of world-class teachers responsibility to
develop human capital with first class mentality,
which is to master knowledge and skills, uphold the
nation's cultural values, have a strong sense of
patriotism, have high competitiveness and
• According to the frame of Professional Teaching
Values (S1), the core values are based on:
• In the model of SGM, what does the large white
circle that overlap represents?
• Based on your answer in question 2, list down the 5
requirements that should be provided:
• What are the five implications of SGM to the teaching
profession in Malaysia?
• In your opinion, why the teachers should be professionals and
practicing all the standards that had been stated in the SGM?
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.