1. Same Editor.2. Same Publish Options.• Status: Pending Review, Draft, Published• Visibility: Public, Private, Password Protected• Publish Date3. Comments Allowed.Pages vs Posts: We’re Not SoDifferent
1. Static Information. Page examples are “About Us”or “Contact”2. Attributes.• Parent and child pages• Templates3. Assignable in Menus. (Appearance/Menus)Unique To Pages
1. Dynamic Information. Post examples are blogentries, news items, portfolio items2. Categories & Tags.3. Publish Dates.Unique To Posts
1. Keep it short. Research shows that people tend to scan websites rather thandive deep into content. No long sentences or paragraphs!2. Get to the good stuff first. Put your main point at the top of the page whereit is easy for visitors (and search engines) to find what they are looking for.3. Clearly separate content. Use headings, sub-headings and bulleted ornumbered lists.4. Link it up! Lend a hand to your reader and point them to other pages oroutside sources for more information. Always check your hyperlinks!5. Provide a call to action. Tell your visitor what to do next.Writing Tips For Web
1. Keep it small. Pay attention to how large theimage file size is.2. The name says it all. Before uploading theimage to Wordpress, name the file with properdescriptive keywords, separated by hyphens.3. Use Alt text and Titles. Upon inserting an imageon to your page, you will be prompted to supplythese. (It’s the text that search engines use tounderstand images.)4. Find all previously uploaded images underMedia/Library.Using Images On Your Sitehttp://codex.wordpress.org/Inserting_Images_into_Posts_and_Pages
1. Google Analytics2. Google Webmaster Tools3. Bing Webmaster ToolsAnalyze Your Traffic
1. WP Page Navi• http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-pagenavi/• Adds a more advanced paging navigation.2. TinyMCE Advanced:• http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tinymce-advanced/• Enables the advanced features of TinyMCE, the WordPress WYSIWYGeditor3. WordPress SEO• http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/• Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fullyoptimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.Plugins To Make Your Life A LittleEasier
Questions?Kelly HendersonDirector of Client MarketingRockhouse Partnerskelly@rockhousepartners.com
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.