Several companies in the marketplace can provide detailed brand perception surveys report the brand lift on rich media or video ad campaigns Qualitative measurement need not be completed on every campaign. Focus on the largest investments.
At 0.32%, consumers are three times more likely to click on the play button as they are to click through gif/jpeg image based ads (0.1%) Pause and Stop buttons followed with interaction rates of 0.29% and 0.28% respectively In-stream video ads represents a click through rate of 0.74%, over seven times higher than that of an image based ad Expandable and standard video ads followed with click through rates of 0.47% and 0.40% respectively
Targeting by content category, rather than placing advertisements solely on brand-name Web sites, can provide sizeable lifts in impact and performance Content-rich Web sites, rather than brand-name websites, resulted in higher click-through rates as well as higher end-plays (re-roll ads completion rate) Online video ad click through rates was highest on the gaming channel (0.87%) followed by careers and auto channels
Panel Discussion What do you as a panelist define as success when executing a video campaign Brand interaction Conversion KPD Qualified traffic? Etc? What video length do you believe is most effective. Please discuss any key learning’s (I am sure this will be an area of debate based on several differences in opinion on what works and why) What standards should the industry adopt for ad supported video? What improvements or enhancements would you like to see from the market? More questions will come from panelists presentations once I am able to see them
1. Digital Video 10.18.07 Cary Tilds
2. What’s Next …..
3. Digital Video Advertising Opportunities Entertainment Communication Shopping VOD Showcase In-market Websites Corporate Website Search Contextual - specific Enthusiast (or not so enthusiast) CGV Pre-roll Broadcast Online Stand Alone Corp Gen Social Video Pre-roll Online Only Content Search Product F&B Webisodes Instructional Webisodes Brand Experience Webisodes (brand is the star) Contextual -lifestyle Search Live streaming video
4. <ul><li>Brand perception measurements provide the qualitative data to track video performance on measurements like: </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>unaided/aided brand awareness </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>brand favorability </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>purchase intent, and even actual subsequent buying behavior </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>audience analysis information including audience demographics and return on frequency </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><li>Plan at least 5 weeks before the campaign starts to accurately study the video affects </li></ul>Video Ad Qualitative Success Measurements
5. Video Ad Quantitative Success Measurements Success Determined by Each Funnel Level Benchmark Time per user Time spent to get to the click Time spent to get the interaction Time spent to get the handraiser Time spent to get the lead Time spent to get the sale TIME Placement Size Impressions Video Starts Video Panel Impressions Video 25% Completion Count Video 50% Completion Count Video 75% Completion Count Video 100% Completion Count Mute Activities Pause Video Activities Play Video Activities Replay Video Activities Restart Video Activities Stop Video Activities Un-mute Activities Base Metrics COST Cost per impressions Cost per starts Cost per completion Cost per activity Cost per handraiser Cost per lead Cost per sale
6. What rich media and video advertising formats will capture the consumer’s attention? In-Stream Video Ads Click Through Rate Over Seven Times that of Image Based Online Ads Source: Video Advertising Benchmarks, DoubleClick, February 2007 Online Video Market Report, Analytics Solution Center, June 2007 (AOL Media Networks) In-stream Standard Expandable gif/jpeg image Click-through Rate by Format Replay Pause Stop Mute Unmute Video Control Panel Interaction Rates
7. What will help create a powerful connection with consumers? Targeting by Content Category Provides Sizeable Lifts in Impact and Performance Source: Advertising.com Online Video Study, Advertising.com, January 2007 Online Video Market Report, Analytics Solution Center, June 2007 (AOL Media Networks) Gaming Careers News and Information Business Autos Entertainment Sports Travel Health Online Video Ads Click-through Rate by Content Channel (Q4 2006)
8. Video Communication - Bosch AutoParts Example <ul><li>Companion Ads Next to Product Demonstration </li></ul>Successful in Metrics Due to Relevance of the Placement that Provided Value to the Customer
9. Video Shopping – Swap Your Ride Example <ul><li>Video within Rich Media Units – Placed on sites where people may be shopping for a new car </li></ul>Successful in Metrics Due to Relevance of the Placement that Provided Value to the Customer
10. Video Shopping – Vibrant Media Example <ul><li>Video within Rich Media Units – Keyword Targeted </li></ul>Successful in Metrics Due to Relevance of the Placement that Provided Value to the Customer
11. A formal, public plug for a good media proposal… <ul><li>Video opportunities in the digital space that ONLY contain sparkly pictures and audience reach are NOT ENOUGH anymore…. </li></ul><ul><li>Provide us with a plan that uses the qualitative and quantitative metrics outlined today to f orecast and predict the potential ROI on the interactive components of the proposed opportunity! </li></ul>