Interested in a 2011 Hyundai Sonata? Keffer Hyundai wants to give you a reason to come to Charlotte, North Carolina and drive off the lot in a Sonata! Browse through the online evidence manual and
Interested in a 2011 Hyundai Sonata? Keffer Hyundai wants to give you a reason to come to Charlotte, North Carolina and drive off the lot in a Sonata! Browse through the online evidence manual and drive to Keffer Hyundai in NC today!
2. Keffer Automotive Group03/31/2011, Fountain Valley, California2011 HYUNDAI SONATA NAMED THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN CAR OF THE YEARThe Rocky Mountain Automotive Press Honors Sonata at the 2011 Denver Auto ShowHyundai Motor America is pleased to announce that the 2011 Sonata has been named the RockyMountain Car of the Year by The Rocky Mountain Automotive Press (RMAP). The award was givenduring a ceremony at the Denver Auto Show on March 30. The Sonata was chosen from among scores ofnew cars, SUVs, crossovers and pickups in the 2011 model year.RMAP members described the Sonata as, “the most impressive all-around 2011 automobile.” More than75 new models from every major domestic and import automaker were subjected to test-driveevaluations in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming over the past several months bymembers of the RMAP. The criteria for receiving this award included top scores in performance, fueleconomy, comfort, safety, and value.“We are thrilled that Sonata has received the Rocky Mountain Car of the Year award,” said ScottMargason, director, Product Planning, Hyundai Motor America. “Sonata continues to attract consumerswith its exciting design, class-leading fuel economy, and outstanding residual value, making it a toughcompetitor in the mid-size sedan market.”The 2011 Hyundai Sonata features some of the most advanced technological options, such as anavigation system with voice activation and interactive touch screen through XM NavTraffic® and XMData Services, integrated Bluetooth, satellite radio, and a Homelink transceiver. It has many standardsafety features, including Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control, and Anti-Lock breaking systems.Sonata was the first midsize car to receive a five-star crash test rating under National Highway TrafficSafety Administration’s new, more stringent 2011 system and an Insurance Institute for Highway SafetyTop Safety Pick honor, placing it in a safety position unsurpassed in the industry. Sonata is also availablein Turbo and Hybrid versions, with Hybrid achieving class-leading 40 mpg highway fuel economy.Other models awarded during the ceremony included the Cadillac CTS Coupe for 2011 New Vehicle ofthe Year, Jeep Grand Cherokee for 2011 Rocky Mountain SUV of the Year, Chevrolet Silverado 2500HDfor 2011 Rocky Mountain Pickup Truck of the Year, and Ford Fiesta for the 2011 Rocky Mountain High-Mileage Vehicle of the Year.
3. Keffer Automotive GroupHYUNDAI TAKES TOP HONORS IN BRAND KEYS 2011 CUSTOMER LOYALTY ENGAGEMENT INDEXThe Hyundai brand continues to grow in 2011, earning the No. 1 spot in the automotive category in the2011 Customer Loyalty Engagement Index. Brand Keys, a New York-based brand, customer loyalty andengagement consultancy, publishes this annually syndicated study which examines customers’relationships with 528 different brands in 79 categories. For the second year in a row, Hyundai is thehighest ranked brand in the automotive category.“Hyundai has been able to best meet customer expectations and has, again, scored the highest levels ofloyalty when it comes to the Automotive category, taking the #1 spot in our Customer LoyaltyEngagement Index,” said Robert Passikoff, Brand Keys Founder and President. “Of course, the true testof loyalty and engagement always shows up in the marketplace, so we weren’t surprised to see theirsales are up again over last year. We congratulate them on another win.”Hyundai’s ongoing success is largely attributed to the positive reception of the newly redesigned Sonataand Elantra models, both of which have received significant consumer interest and positive receptionsince their respective launches. Both these vehicles contributed to Hyundai’s great success in 2010,breaking the 500,000 vehicle sales barrier and increasing market share to nearly five percent. Now in2011, the company’s 25th year in the U.S., Hyundai is moving ahead to be the first automaker to achievea corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) rating of at least 50 mpg by 2025 for its lineup of passengercars and light duty trucks.“Hyundai is completely committed to our customers with Hyundai Assurance, the industry’s mostcomprehensive consumer protection plan,” said Trea Reedy, national manager, Dealer Marketing andResource Management, Hyundai Motor America. “And, with our strong new lineup filled with stylish,fuel efficient and affordable vehicles, both new and returning customers are keeping Hyundai at the topof their shopping lists.”Automotive brands rounding out the top 5 in the 2011 Index are: Ford (No. 2), Honda/Nissan (tied forNo. 3), Mercedes/BMW (tied for No. 4), and Kia/GM (tied for No. 5). For the complete 2011 CustomerLoyalty Engagement Index, visit http://www.brandkeys.com/awards/.
4. Keffer Automotive Group02/28/2011, Fountain Vallley, California2011 HYUNDAI SONATA NAMED A TOP FAMILY CAR BY KBB.COMRecognized for Meeting Family Needs in Resale Value, Versatility, Safety and DesignKelley Blue Book’s www.kbb.com, the leading provider of new- and used-vehicle information, namedthe 2011 Hyundai Sonata to its annual list of Top 10 Family Cars. Sonata joins a list of family-friendlyvehicles, including the 2011 Chevrolet Traverse, 2011 Ford Explorer, 2011 Honda Odyssey, and the 2011Volkswagen Golf.According to kbb.com experts the Sonata is “taking the mid-size sedan market by storm with acompelling mix of design, quality and value. The Sonata also is chock-full of safety features, comes withone of the best warranties on the market, and even offers a fuel-sipping hybrid model. With enoughstyle and versatility to transform effortlessly from child-hauler to client shuttle on a daily basis, the 2011Hyundai Sonata is an easy choice for someone who needs to impress while still being practical.”“We are proud to receive this recognition from kbb.com,” said Mike O’Brien, vice president of productand corporate planning, Hyundai Motor America. “With advanced standard safety features, threeversatile powertrain choices including our class-leading 40 mpg highway BlueDrive Hybrid, unrivaledinterior convenience technologies and enough space to comfortably fit the entire family, the Sonata isthe perfect option for families looking for quality and value without sacrificing on performance anddesign.”Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com editors assessed the winning models based on safety, comfort, economy ofoperation, child-friendliness, a reasonable purchase price and good resale value.“This year was especially difficult for the kbb.com editors to narrow down the Top 10 Family Cars of2011 choices, as there is such a variety of new cars on the market today that have appealing features forthe American family; capable versatility, value, safety and economical factors, to name a few,” said JackR. Nerad, executive editorial director and executive market analyst for Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com.The 2011 Hyundai Sonata features some of the most advanced technological options, such as anavigation system with voice activation and interactive touch screen through XM NavTraffic® and XMData Services, integrated Bluetooth, satellite radio, and a Homelink transceiver. It has many safetyfeatures, including Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control, and Anti-Lock breaking systems. Sonatawas also the first midsize car to receive a five-star crash test rating under National Highway TrafficSafety Administration’s new, more stringent 2011 system and an Insurance Institute for Highway SafetyTop Safety Pick honor, placing it in a safety position unsurpassed in the industry.KELLEY BLUE BOOKFounded in 1926, Kelley Blue Book, The Trusted Resource®, is the only vehicle valuation and informationsource trusted and relied upon by both consumers and the industry. Each week the company providesthe most market-reflective values in the industry on its top-rated website www.kbb.com, including its
5. Keffer Automotive Groupfamous Blue Book® Trade-In and Retail Values and Fair Purchase Price, which reports what others arepaying for new cars this week. The company also provides vehicle pricing and values through variousproducts and services available to car dealers, auto manufacturers, finance and insurance companies aswell as governmental agencies. Kbb.com is a leading provider of new car prices, used car values, carreviews, new cars for sale, used cars for sale, and car dealer locations. Kelley Blue Book Co. Inc. is awholly owned subsidiary of AutoTrader.com.
6. Keffer Automotive GroupTWO HYUNDAI MODELS NAMED 2011 “BEST BETS” FROM THE CAR BOOKGenesis and Sonata Recognized for Meeting the Safety and Performance Needs of the American CarBuyerTwo Hyundai models, Genesis and Sonata earned the distinction of “BEST BETS” from The Car Book andthe Center for Auto Safety, the nation’s leading auto safety advocacy group. For Genesis, this is the thirdyear in a row that it’s been honored with the “BEST BETS” distinction.“We appreciate the fact that Hyundai has made a significant contribution to improving the marketchoices for the American car buyer,” said Jack Gillis, author, The Car Book. “During these mostchallenging times for the auto industry, the fact that Hyundai vehicles have the quality and featuresmost important to today’s car buyer is a testament to their desire to meet customer needs.”For 31 years, The Car Book has selected vehicles for the “BEST BETS” honor, based on how well theyrespond to the safety and performance needs of today’s consumer. The Car Book analyzes new vehicleseach year to identify those making a significant contribution to improving the market. “BEST BETS”vehicles are rated in nine key Car Book categories: crash tests, safety features, rollover, preventativemaintenance, repair costs, warranty, fuel economy, complaints, and insurance, with the heaviestemphasis on safety.“Having two Hyundai models named as ‘BEST BETS’ by The Car Book demonstrates our continuedcommitment to excellence in quality, value and design for all of the vehicles in the Hyundai lineup,” saidScott Margason, director, Product Planning, Hyundai Motor America. “The Genesis and Sonata are primeexamples of models that not only meet but exceed customer expectations in safety and performance.”Hyundai’s all-new 2011 Sonata represents a modern approach to the traditional midsize sedan segmentby using only advanced four-cylinder engines, emotional design and luxury features offered withHyundai’s strong value proposition. The Sonata launched with a new Theta II 2.4-liter gasoline directinjection (GDI) engine and in-house six-speed automatic transmission and also offers both hybrid andturbo powertrain options.Hyundai’s 2009 North American Car of the Year-winning Genesis sedan sets a new benchmark in thepremium car category. With a starting price of just $33,000, Genesis includes performance and luxuryfeatures typically found on vehicles costing thousands of dollars more including Smart Cruise Control,touch-screen navigation, electronic parking brake with automatic vehicle hold, Adaptive Front LightingSystem (AFLS), Lexicon® audio systems and electronic active head restraints.
7. Keffer Automotive Group02/22/2011, Fountain Vallley, CaliforniaHYUNDAI SONATA MOST SHOPPED VEHICLE IN ENTIRE INDUSTRYSonata Has Been on More Shopping Lists than Any Other Vehicle in Seven of the Last Nine MonthsAccording to Compete DataHyundai Sonata, the game-changing midsize sedan with its emotional ‘Fluidic Sculpture’ design and allfour-cylinder engine lineup, was the most-shopped vehicle in January according to data from Compete,a Kantar Media company. Sonata has been on more shopping lists than any other vehicle in the industryin seven of the last nine months, continuing to top perennial leaders like Toyota Camry, Honda Accord,Honda Civic and Ford Fusion, according to Compete’s analysis of consumer automotive shoppingbehavior.Lead by Sonata, Hyundai demand continued its momentum with more than 268,000 in market shoppersin January, representing a 21 percent increase from December 2010. The all-new 2011 Elantra was thesecond most shopped Hyundai model achieving a six-month high in demand and a 39 percent increasefrom December. Industry wide, January shopper volume (2.8 million) increased 11 percent compared toJanuary 2010, demonstrating the continued recovery in automotive shopping interest.“Sonata’s ability to attract and engage consumers over the past nine months has been impressive andthey have successfully converted many of these shoppers into actual buyers with Sonata sales up 150percent in January," said Dennis Bulgarelli, director of Automotive at Compete. “Shopping activity forthe entire industry is up 11 percent, starting off what we think will be a strong year for the automotiveindustry.”Hyundai’s all-new 2011 Sonata represents a modern approach to the traditional midsize sedan segmentby using only advanced four-cylinder engines, dynamic design and luxury features offered withHyundai’s strong value proposition. The Sonata launched with a new Theta II 2.4-liter gasoline directinjection (GDI) engine and in-house six-speed automatic transmission. The vehicle offers class-leadingfuel economy of 22 mpg city/35 mpg highway and 198 horsepower standard. Sonata is also available inTurbo and Hybrid versions, with Hybrid achieving class-leading 40 mpg highway fuel economy.With many safety features, including Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control, and Anti-lock BrakingSystem, Sonata was the first midsize car to receive a five-star crash test rating under the NationalHighway Traffic Safety Administration’s new, more stringent 2011 system and an Insurance Institute forHighway Safety Top Safety Pick honor, placing it in a safety position unsurpassed in the industry.“A year after its initial launch consumers continue to be attracted to Sonata’s exciting design, best-in-class fuel economy and outstanding residual value,” said Mike O’Brien, vice president, Product andCorporate Planning, Hyundai Motor America. “Starting off the year as the most shopped vehicle, Sonatais picking up right where it left off in 2010, when it set its U.S. sales volume record.”
8. Keffer Automotive Group02/18/2011, Fountain Vallley, CaliforniaHYUNDAI SONATA NAMED A BEST CAR FOR COMMUTERS BY FORBESHyundai Sonata made the Forbes list of this year’s Best Cars for CommutersThe 2011 Hyundai Sonata , acclaimed for it’s modern approach to the traditional midsize sedansegment, made the Forbes list of this year’s Best Cars for Commuters. Forbes recognizes Sonata’s fuelefficiency, reliability and space to get drivers through daily commutes with ease.“More than 42 million Americans spend at least 30 minutes in the car on their morning commutes.Seven million spend over an hour,” said Forbes auto reporter, Hannah Elliot. “For that kind of time spentin traffic, it pays to have a reliable car: something spacious enough for comfort, small enough to getgood gas mileage and durable enough to withstand the occasional fender-bender. This year mid-sizesedans like the $19,395 Hyundai Sonata are best for surviving the slog.”“The 2011 Sonata is a smart buy for commuters looking for class-leading comfort, a large interior andadvanced standard safety technologies,” said Scott Margason, director, Product Planning, HyundaiMotor America. “Couple that with a four-cylinder engine producing impressive fuel economy with thepower of a larger V6, and the Sonata is the perfect mid-size sedan choice for drivers commuting towork.”To compile the list, Forbes started with new vehicles listed as Consumer Reports “Recommended Picks”for 2011. “Recommended Picks” are models that have average or better predicted reliability and thatmeet Consumer Reports safety standards and have performed well in accelerating, braking, handling,comfort and other user-oriented tests. Of these vehicles, the 11 with the best combination of highwayfuel efficiency, legroom and headroom made the list. For more information about the Best Cars forCommuters from Forbes, visit http://www.forbes.com/2011/02/08/best-cars-for-commuters-business-autos.html.
9. Keffer Automotive Group02/15/2011, Fountain Valley, CaliforniaMAMA NAMES 2011 HYUNDAI SONATA FAMILY VEHICLE OF THE YEARThe 2011 Hyundai Sonata continues to establish itself as the new standard for midsize sedans as it wasnamed the inaugural recipient of the “Family Vehicle of the Year” award by the Midwest AutomotiveMedia Association (MAMA). The Sonata beat out top competitors, including the 2010 Audi A3 TDI, 2011Chevrolet Cruze, 2011 Honda Odyssey, 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2011 Kia Optima, 2010 Kia Sorento,2011 Kia Sportage, and the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi.“A family car is an important purchase as it needs to serve families reliably and at a reasonable price.MAMA members pooled their collective knowledge and experience to pick the best family vehicle froma strong group of recent releases, and the Hyundai Sonata came out on top,” said award coordinatorKirk Bell.MAMA is a group of automotive journalists that created the award to help consumers make informeddecisions about which car is the best choice for their family. To qualify for the MAMA “Family Vehicle ofthe Year,” vehicles must have four doors, start at less than $50,000, appear at either the MAMA springor fall rally, and be new or significantly updated since the summer of 2010. During the MAMA rallies, atotal of 75 automotive journalists voted for his or her top choices for the award, and the Sonata was theclear winner.“The 2011 Hyundai Sonata is a game-changing midsize sedan with a fuel-efficient four-cylinder enginelineup and fluidic sculpture design,” said Scott Margason, director, Product Planning, Hyundai MotorAmerica. “The MAMA ‘Family Vehicle of the Year’ award demonstrates its appeal to families due to itsadvanced safety technology, large interior and cargo space, plus numerous high-tech options.”The 2011 Hyundai Sonata features some of the most advanced technological options, such as anavigation system with voice activation and an interactive touch screen as well as XM NavTraffic® andXM Data Services, integrated Bluetooth, satellite radio, and a HomeLink transceiver. With many safetyfeatures, including Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control, and Anti-lock Braking System, Sonatawas also the first midsize car to receive a five-star crash test rating under the National Highway TrafficSafety Administration’s new, more stringent 2011 system and an Insurance Institute for Highway SafetyTop Safety Pick honor, placing it in a safety position unsurpassed in the industry.MAMAFounded in 1991, the MAMA is comprised of more than 200 auto journalists and PR professionals.Though based in Chicago area, MAMA welcomes members from all parts of the country. Theorganization’s primary purpose is to provide a forum for newsworthy people, major issues and newproducts in the automotive industry.
10. Keffer Automotive Group02/16/2011, Fountain Valley, CaliforniaHYUNDAI ELANTRA, SONATA AND TUCSON RECOGNIZED BY THE AMERICAN COUNCIL FOR AN ENERGY-EFFICIENT ECONOMYElantra Listed as a 2011 “Greenest Vehicle,” Sonata and Tucson as “Greener Choices”For the sixth consecutive year, the Hyundai Sonata  was recognized by the American Council for anEnergy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) on its annual “Greener Choices 2011” list. Also joining Sonata on the“Greener Choices” list this year was the Hyundai Tucson . The Hyundai Elantra  was listed as one ofthe twelve most environmentally-friendly vehicles available to consumers this model year on the“Greenest Vehicles of 2011” list. All three Hyundai models will be featured in the ACEEE’s GreenBook® Online, an annual consumers’ guide to environmentally-friendly cars and trucks, availableatwww.greenercars.org.“To be recognized for the sixth year in a row as a leader in fuel efficiency only reinforces Hyundai’scommitment to a cleaner environment as well as sustainable personal mobility,” said Mike O’Brien, vicepresident, Product and Corporate Planning, Hyundai Motor America. “Elantra’s best-in-class standardacross the lineup 40 mpg highway fuel economy, Sonata Blue Drive Hybrid’s best-in-class 40 mpghighway, and Tucson’s improved 2.4-liter engine city mpg rating are all great examples of Hyundai’scontinued dedication to finding the most appealing customer focused solutions.”The “Greener Choices” list is restricted to widely available gasoline-powered cars and light trucks withautomatic transmissions, thus highlighting the widespread availability of environmentally-friendlyvehicle choices in many segments of the market. The twelve vehicles on the “Greenest Vehicles” listrepresent the top-scoring vehicle of each nameplate.Elantra, Sonata and Tucson are three of the vehicles in Hyundai’s 24/7 version 2.0 product initiative,which outlines seven all-new models by the end of 2011. All three feature Hyundai’s Fluidic Sculpturedesign language, advanced safety features, and luxury amenities.
11. Keffer Automotive GroupHYUNDAI SONATA TOPS THECARCONNECTION’S LIST OF TOP TEN MOST POPULAR REVIEWS IN 2010The all-new Hyundai Sonata, a North American Car of the Year finalist, led TheCarConnection’s (TCC) listof top ten most popular reviews in 2010. The all-new Sonata, TheCarConnections Best Car to Buy 2011,topped all other models, boosting viewership and site traffic each time a new story was posted.Joining Sonata on the TheCarConnection’s list is the 2010 Hyundai Tucson. Following its early 2010debut, Tucson continued to hold the attention of car shoppers throughout the year with its daringdesign and sub-$20,000 sticker price.“The list of the most popular reviews on TCC in 2010 shows youre shopping brands like Hyundai moreoften than ever,” said Marty Padgett, editorial director for TheCarConnection. “The 2011 HyundaiSonata led all comers with a boost each time we wrote about it: as a base car, as a turbo 2.0T, and as aHybrid.”“Consumers have discovered the new Sonata this year with its exciting design, best-in-class fueleconomy and outstanding residual value,” said Mike O’Brien, vice president, Product and CorporatePlanning, Hyundai Motor America. “This combination makes Sonata a top contender in the competitivemid-size category and we are pleased by its outstanding market reception this year. Not only areshoppers showing interest in the Sonata, they are buying the vehicle as well – we’ve sold more than200,000 Sonatas in North America this year, a highpoint for the nameplate.”The 2011 Sonata represents a modern approach to the traditional mid-size sedan segment by using onlyadvanced four-cylinder engines, emotional design and luxury features offered with Hyundai’s strongvalue proposition. In addition to the standard 2.4-liter, gasoline direct injection powertrain making 35miles-per-gallon highway, Hyundai added a 2.0-liter, 274-horsepower turbo and first-ever hybrid to theSonata lineup. The Sonata Turbo went on sale in September and the Sonata Hybrid, achieving 40 miles-per-gallon highway, will hit showrooms in January 2011.The revolutionary new Tucson joined the rapidly evolving Hyundai product line in early 2010. The sleekcrossover from Hyundai, with its athletic European design, improves in every functional area, from itsroomier cabin with extra cargo space to its leap in fuel economy and technology.Both the Sonata and Tucson achieved the 2011 Top Safety Pick honor from the Insurance Institute forHighway Safety (IIHS) under the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s new, more stringent2011 system.
12. Keffer Automotive Group12/28/2010, Fountain Valley, CaliforniaHYUNDAI SONATA SOARS IN KBB.COM’S “MOST-RESEARCHED NEW VEHICLES” REPORTThe all-new Hyundai Sonata, a North American Car of the Year finalist, was deemed the “mostnoteworthy success story” of the year in kbb.com’s “Most-Researched New Vehicles of 2010” report.Sonata leapt 24 places to number five overall. Because Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com is one of the most-trafficked automotive research sites, visitation to specific vehicles has become a leading indicator ofsales patterns for manufacturers. Hyundai will sell approximately 200,000 Sonatas in calendar year 2010and volume is up 65 percent year-to-date (through November).“Hyundai’s popular all-new Sonata helped to re-shuffle the deck among the top 20 most-researchednew cars of 2010, knocking a few vehicles further down on the list compared to where they were lastyear,” said James Bell, executive market analyst for Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com.“The research from Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com validates a trend we’ve been following throughout theyear. Sonata is clearly making more consumers’ shopping lists than ever before,” said Mike O’Brien, vicepresident, product and corporate planning, Hyundai Motor America. “Data from Compete shows thatSonata was the most-shopped vehicle on the Internet six of the last seven months, proving that asawareness and availability of the 2011 model increased, shopping patterns quickly followed suit.”The 2011 Sonata represents a modern approach to the traditional mid-size sedan segment by using onlyadvanced four-cylinder engines, emotional design and luxury features offered with Hyundai’s strongvalue proposition. In addition to the standard 2.4-liter, gasoline direct injection powertrain making 35miles-per-gallon highway, Hyundai added a 2.0-liter, 274-horsepower turbo and first-ever hybrid to theSonata lineup. The Sonata Turbo went on sale in September and Sonata Hybrid, achieving 40 miles-per-gallon highway, will reach showrooms in January.The all-new Sonata was the first mid-size car to receive a five-star crash test rating under NationalHighway Traffic Safety Administration’s new, more stringent 2011 system and an Insurance Institute forHighway Safety Top Safety Pick honor, placing it in a safety position unsurpassed in the industry.“The site traffic on Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com clearly demonstrates which models are resonating withtoday’s new-car shoppers, especially when we examine the most-researched new vehicles of 2010,” saidBell. “Hyundai’s homerun Sonata was not only the darling of the industry this year, but also made astrong impression in the minds of new-car shoppers by leaping ahead to the fifth most-researched newcar of 2010.”
13. Keffer Automotive Group12/22/2010, Fountain Valley, CaliforniaSONATA LEADS HYUNDAI TO IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK HONORSHyundai Genesis, Santa Fe, Sonata and Tucson Achieve Highest Rating Under the Insurance Institute forHighway Safety’s Toughened CriteriaFour Hyundai models, including the North American Car of the Year finalist Sonata, achieved the2011 Top Safety Pick honor from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Joining the Sonata inreceiving this top safety distinction are the Hyundai Genesis, Santa Fe and Tucson. Top SafetyPickrecognizes vehicles that do the best job of protecting people in front, side, rollover, and rear crashesbased on “good” ratings in Institute tests. Winners also must have available electronic stability control, acrash avoidance feature that significantly reduces crash risk.“Safety is a top priority at Hyundai, and you really see that with the 2011 Sonata,” said John Krafcik,president and CEO, Hyundai Motor America. “The all-new Sonata was the first mid-size car to receive afive-star crash test rating under NHTSA’s new, more stringent 2011 system. The combination of theNHTSA five-star rating and the IIHS Top Safety Pick honor puts Sonata in a safety position unsurpassed inthe industry.”The IIHS Top Safety Pick ratings help consumers pick vehicles that offer a higher level of protection thanfederal safety standards require. Last year, the Institute toughened the criteria for Top Safety Pick byadding a requirement that all qualifiers must earn a “good” rating for performance in a roof strengthtest to assess protection in a rollover crash. According to the new guidelines, roofs must be more thandouble the strength of current federal requirements in order to better maintain vehicle integrity in theevent of a rollover accident.The Institute awarded the first Top Safety Pick to 2006 models and then raised the bar the next year byrequiring “good” rear test results and electronic stability control as either standard or optionalequipment. With last year’s addition of new criteria for roof crush the Institute’s crash test ratings nowcover all four of the most common kinds of crashes.
14. Keffer Automotive Group12/15/2010, Ann Arbor, Michigan2011 HYUNDAI SONATA NAMED AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE “ALL STAR”The all-new 2011 Hyundai Sonata has been named to Automobile Magazine’s annual “All Stars” list asone of the most outstanding cars of the year.“The critical acclaim and recognition from experts like the editors of Automobile Magazine is gratifying,”said John Krafcik, President and CEO of Hyundai Motor America. “Sonata is a game-changing car that hassurpassed everyone’s expectations. The All Star award is recognition that the record number ofcustomers who chose Sonata this year made a great choice.”Each fall, Automobile Magazine tests new model cars and its reigning All Stars before selecting 10vehicles that stand out among all others in the market.“The Sonata has emerged as an unquestioned leader in a segment that’s bursting with excellentautomobiles. Painstakingly conceptualized, designed and engineered by Hyundai, the Sonata meets andexceeds the varied needs and wishes of demanding American buyers,” writes Automobile Magazine. Theeditors conclude, “The Sonata is a car that sells purely on its merits rather than on its warranty, andincreasing numbers of savvy Americans are beating a path to Hyundai’s door."The 2011 Hyundai Sonata was introduced earlier this year. Sonata brings to the market a number ofbreakthroughs previously unheard of in the mid-size family sedan segment including standout design, astandard gasoline direct injected engine that delivers 35 miles per gallon on the highway, an optional274-horsepower 4-cylinder turbo and a hybrid model that will go on sale in the U.S. in January.Through the first 11 months of the year, Sonata sales are up 65 percent over last year on the strength ofthe new model, which, is manufactured at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Sonata’sbreakthrough 2.4-liter gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine, 2.0-liter turbo GDI and 6-speed automatictransmission also are manufactured in the United States. Hyundai Motor America sold 500,000 newvehicles in the U.S. for the first time ever, this year. Sonata has been the most “shopped” midsize car inthe market for six of the past seven months as measured by Compete, an automotive market analysisfirm.
15. Keffer Automotive Group11/23/2010, Ann Arbor, Michigan2011 HYUNDAI SONATA NAMED CAR AND DRIVER “10BEST”Hyundai makes prestigious list for the first timeThe all-new 2011 Hyundai Sonata has been named one of the “10Best Cars for 2011” by Car and Driver, the world’s largest automotive enthusiastpublication. This marks the first time a Hyundai product has received the sought-after recognition by the editors of Car and Driver.“Were delighted so many American consumers have put a 2011 Sonata in their driveway this year,” said John Krafcik, president and CEO of HyundaiMotor America. “Achieving our first Car and Driver ‘10Best’ award is tasty icing on the cake, and a tribute to the team of global engineers, Californiadesigners, and Alabama plant associates that made this game-changing product a reality.”According to Car and Driver, the “10Best” award celebrates the best cars on sale in America for less than $80,000. Testing takes place over a week onpublic roads in rural Michigan. The staff tested more than 60 new cars before selecting the “10Best.”“In our testing, we are looking for those automobiles that deliver spectacular value, real driver engagement and the highest fulfillment of their intendedmissions,” said Eddie Alterman, Car and Driver editor-in-chief. “It’s a real workout and only the best cars on the market emerge victorious.”The 2011 Hyundai Sonata was introduced earlier this year. Sonata brings to the market a number of breakthroughs previously unheard of in the mid-sizefamily sedan segment including standout design, a standard gasoline direct injected engine that delivers 35 miles per gallon on the highway, an optional274-horsepower 4-cylinder turbo and a soon-to-be-introduced hybrid model.Sonata sales are up 64 percent over last year on the strength of the new model. Sonata has been the most “shopped” midsize car in the market for five of thepast six months according to Compete, an automotive market analysis firm.“All of our business metrics are pointed in the right direction,” said Krafcik. “Retail sales are up. Incentive spending is down. Our residuals are among thestrongest in the industry. And cars like Sonata are driving more and more smart shoppers to Hyundai.”The complete story on the “10Best” is available in the January issue of Car and Driver and at CarandDriver.com.ABOUT CAR AND DRIVERCar and Driver (http://www.caranddriver.com) is known for its expert editorial team consisting of credible journalists who are highly regarded by carenthusiasts and automotive manufacturers for their integrity and high standards. The magazine is published by Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S.(www.hfmus.com) twelve times each year, boasting the largest audience of any monthly automotive magazine. The Car and Driver brand is a leadingsource of information for automotive enthusiasts and in-market car buyers. The brand also extends to many platforms, including websites, mobile sites,iPhone/iPad apps, events, custom marketing programs and integrated marketing databases. Car and Driver is a part of the Jumpstart Automotive Group.
16. Keffer Automotive Group11/17/2010, Fountain Valley, California2011 HYUNDAI SONATA AND GENESIS SEDAN AWARDED AN AUTOMOTIVE BEST BUYAWARD FROM CONSUMERS DIGESTConsumers Digest Magazine named both the 2011 Hyundai Sonata and 2011 Hyundai Genesis sedan a “Best Buy.” The ratings are basedon behind-the-wheel assessment, safety ratings, ownership costs, warranty, price, comfort, ergonomics, styling and amenities. The Sonata isa Best Buy in the Family Car category and the Genesis sedan is a Best Buy in the Luxury Car segment.“Value, as we see it, is based on purchase price and ownership costs relative to quality, performance and subjective factors like comfort anddesign,” said Randy Weber, publisher, Consumers Digest. “Few purchases are more important, or require more research, than buying a newvehicle. Our analyses ensure that consumers are as satisfied with their auto purchase years after making it as they were on the day theydrove off the lot.”The Automotive Best Buy Awards reflect Consumers Digests view of which 2011 vehicles offer exceptional value for the money. A panel ofsix automotive experts evaluates the vehicles from behind-the-wheel on an ongoing basis, both under real-world conditions in their own test-drives and at manufacturers new-model introductions. They assess design factors including styling, accessories and amenities, cargo space,and fit and finish, as well as performance characteristics including starting and acceleration, steering and handling, ride quality and fueleconomy.“The Genesis has provided ground-breaking value among its luxury competition with lavish appointments and impressive drivingperformance,” said Mike O’Brien, vice president, Product and Corporate Planning, Hyundai Motor America. “The all-new Sonata also upholdsHyundai’s legacy of value with exciting design, best-in-class fuel economy and outstanding residual value. Both cars continue to exceedexpectations for consumers in their respective segments.”
17. Keffer Automotive Group10/05/2010, Fountain Valley, California2011 HYUNDAI SONATA EARNS TOP SAFETY RATING FROM NHTSASonata One of Only Two Models to Earn Five-Star Overall Vehicle Score in Updated Testing ProceduresThe National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded an overall five-star crash test rating, the highest government ranking under theagency’s New Car Assessment Program, to the all-new 2011 Hyundai Sonata. The Sonata withstood the agency’s more rigorous 2011 testing procedures toreceive the top safety rating. Sonata is built from the ground up with safety in mind, with a hot stamped ultra-high-strength steel body structure, advancedairbag technology and Electronic Stability Control (ESC), delivering on Hyundai’s commitment to both active and passive safety technology leadership.The 2011 Sonata launched earlier this year with Hyundai’s first-ever Gasoline Direct Injection engine, producing a segment-best 35 miles-per-gallonhighway fuel economy rating. Two new Sonata variants – a 2.0-liter turbo and Hyundai’s first-ever hybrid – will hit showrooms this fall. Sonata sales, upnearly 60 percent over 2009 through September, prove that its combination of standard safety, fuel economy and sleek design are hitting the mark withconsumers in the highly competitive mid-size sedan segment.“The Sonata nameplate has historically raised the bar for safety in the mid-size sedan category, dating back to the introduction of standard ElectronicStability Control on the 2006 Sonata,” said John Krafcik, president and CEO, Hyundai Motor America. “The 2011 Sonata furthers our commitment tosafety with a suite of equipment and third-party test results that are unsurpassed in the category.”NHTSA’s upgraded ratings system will now evaluate side pole crash testing and crash prevention-technologies. And, for the first time, it will use femalecrash test dummies to simulate crash scenarios involving women, not just men. Sonata comes standard with six airbags—including dual front, front seat-mounted side-impact, and front and rear side curtain airbags—along with active front-seat head restraints.Sonata was not only built to withstand accidents, it was designed to help drivers avoid them all together. The Sonata’s state-of-the-art braking systemexemplifies its suite of active safety technologies. The package includes four-wheel disc brakes and an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) including BrakeAssist, which provides maximum braking force when a panic stop is detected, and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) to automatically adjust thebraking force to front and rear axles based on the vehicle loading conditions.Other safety features include shingle-style rear-seat head restraints for improved visibility, three-point seatbelts for all seating positions, front-seat seatbeltpretensioners and load limiters, and a rear-seat Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system for child seats.One of the most significant changes to the ratings program for consumers is the addition of an Overall Vehicle Score. The Overall Vehicle Score combinesthe results of a frontal crash test, side crash tests and rollover resistance tests and compares those results to the average risk of injury and potential forvehicle rollover of other vehicles. The 2011 Sonata scored well in all phases of the testing including five-star side-impact, five-star rollover and four-starfrontal crash test, resulting in an overall five-star performance. This pertains to Sonatas produced from June 2, 2010 to September 7, 2010.NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATIONNHTSA is dedicated to achieving the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety. The agency strives to exceed the expectations ofits customers through its core values of Integrity, Service and Leadership. NHTSA provides leadership to the motor vehicle and highway safety communitythrough the development of innovative approaches to reducing motor vehicle crashes and injuries.