2. SPORTSDefinition: An athletic activity requiring skill or physicalprowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball,tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.Sports are played through-out the world and are veryimportant to some countries
3. • Sports are very important for our health.• It increases our stamina, will power, strength, and the last but not the least, it enhances our discipline.• There are many kinds of sports. Some examples of the outdoor games that we’ll be seeing in the following slides are: Football, Cricket, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Rugby, Tennis, etc.
4. LACROSSE A game played on a rectangular field by two teams of ten players each,in which participants use a long-handled sticks that have a webbed pouchon one end to maneuver a ball into the opposing teams goal. Famous players:• Mikey Powell,• Gary Gait,• Jim Brown , etc.
5. FOOTBALL A game in which two opposing teams try to scorepoints by carrying the ball into the other teams N zone, orkicking the ball between the goal posts on opposingsides of the field. American Football is very popular in the U.S. but variesin popularity around the world. Famous Players: Messi, Ronaldo, Peyton Manning, etc
6. BASEBALL A game of ball between two nine-player teamsplayed usually for nine innings on a diamondshaped field that has 3 bases. The goal of theteams is to score the most runs within the 9innings. Baseball is one of the most popular sports inthe country and is played around the world. Famous Players: Babe Ruth, Alex Rodriguez ,Jackie Robinson
7. RUGBY• Also called rugger, Rugby football is a form of football, played between two teams of 15 members each, that differs from soccer in freedom to carry the ball, block with the hands and arms, and tackle, and is characterized chiefly by continuous action and prohibition against the use of substitute players.• Rugby is more popular is Europe but is still somewhat popular in the U.S.
8. SOCCER A form of football played between two teams of 11players, in which the ball may be advanced by kicking or bybouncing it off any part of the body but the arms andhands, except in the case of the goalkeepers, who may usetheir hands to catch, carry, throw, or stop the ball. Soccer is one of the most popular sports around theworld, almost every country plays it and there are manycompetitions.
9. TENNIS Tennis is a game played on a rectangular courtby two players or two pairs of players equippedwith rackets, in which a ball is driven back andforth over a low net that divides the court in half. A player scores a point by getting the ball pastthe player on the opposite side of the tennis court. Tennis is very popular around the world and isvery popular in the U.S. Famous Players: Federer, Nadal, Sania mirza,etc
10. BADMINTON Badminton is a game played on arectangular court by two players or twopairs of players equipped with light racketsused to volley a shuttlecock over a high netthat divides the court in half. Badminton is a very popular recreationalsport in the U.S.
11. SNOOKER Also called billiards, any of variousgames played on a pool table with a cue balland 15 other balls that are usuallynumbered, in which the object is to drive allthe balls into the pockets with the cue ball. Pool is played professionally andrecreationally around the country
12. The End~ B. K E D H A R G U H A N ~ ~ X D ~ ~ 33 ~