3. Director DIRECTOR: -This person should have A’s/B’s in subject and excellent leadership skills. -Main person in charge of how the film is made/should look. -Responsible and can overlook. -people/scripts/plans to create new spontaneous ideas. -How to set the mood and visual look (angles and mise-en-scene) of the film. -Instructs first assistant director and works with Director of Photography.
4. Examples of the job.
5. Steven Spielberg • one of the most influential film personalities in the history of film • Steven Spielberg is perhaps Hollywoods best known director and one of the wealthiest filmmakers in the world.director • Director and producer
6. ALFRED HITCHCOCK-Considered one of the best film director.-Has directed famous movies such as the‘PSYCHO’-Joined the film industry in the 1920’s.
7. What will I do to be successful at this job?• Try to keep the filming times organise• I will keep the script and plans always to the best standards.• Will try to encourage the other members as much as i can for all of us to be successful.• Will always have the characters costumes and props organised.• Will overlook the other jobs.
8. Art director Part 1 ART DIRECTOR = (PROPS/COSTUMES & CONTINUITY) -This person should have excellent listening and ‘ability to work quickly’ skills and strong ATTENTION TO DETAIL!! -Art director is responsible to all props and costumes. They make sure all props/costumes are ready to go and everyone is wearing/got everything they needs. -Makes sure and checks the supply of props (E.g. Enough supplies/props if scene is to be re-shot a few times. -Replenishes props if needed. -Records prop and costume positioning, which ensures that there is good continuity. (Have paper to write down)
9. Examples of the job.
10. Rick Carter• Rick carter is originally a photographer• He has art directed major movies such as avatar and forest Gump• Has won many Oscar nominations.
11. Kim Sinclair-Kim Sinclair has also art directed movies such asAvatar and The last Samurai.-he has lately art directed the movie TinTin.-Won the Oscars.
12. What will I do to be successful at this job?• I will always keep the costumes together.• I will always take the costumes to the filming.• I will remember what costumes actors were wearing.• I will keep the costumes and props in good standards.• I will make the costumes and props are always available.
13. Camera Man CAMERA OPERATOR (everyone)* -should have technical abilities to work camera and excellent listening skills, must respect and value others instructions/ideas. -This/these people operate cameras, following instructions from Assistant Director and director of Photography. -Films the scene using equipment; cameras (2), tripods etc.
14. Examples of the job.
15. Jack Cardiff• Jack Cardiff• Filmed movies such as Rambo and the Conan.• One of the greatest cinematographers.• Won an Oscar in 2001.
16. What will I do to be successful at this job?• I will try to cope with doing the acting and filming some scenes.• I will have a good knowledge of filming shots and angles.• I will always look after the camera.• I will help the other camera operators.
17. First Assistant Director Description of Job: Examples of my Job: This person should have excellent group My job will be to assist the working & listening skills. Assists the director, helps create their ideas, helps to director: manage the team. Watches time, reminds While the director is acting I director of how much time is remaining. Is will take her place and the person who says ‘CUT’ ‘ACTION’ organise positions, tell ‘PLACES’ etc… Organises actors and locations – should keep an organised characters where to go and record for these. stop and start scenes. I will be looking over at the script to make sure we know what to do and will be following each scene correctly.How will I be successful in my job?• Show good leadership• Attend all filmings• Being organised on filming and editing• Get all work done for this assignment• Bring my group together to discuss all scenes, scripts and every step to this task• Always look out carefully to camera, props, angles, shots etc…
18. Art Director – Part 2 Description of Job: Examples of my Job: This person should have excellent For this job I will be sharing with listening and ‘ability to work quickly’ skills our fellow group member and strong ATTENTION TO DETAIL! Art Chantelle Gilkes, we will both director is responsible to all props and costumes. They make sure all attend to this job. In this job we props/costumes are ready to go and will, make sure all characters are everyone is wearing/got everything they wearing correct clothing and needs. Makes sure and checks the supply accessories. Making sure hair, of props (E.g. Enough supplies/props if make up and other props will be scene is to be re-shot a few times. correctly positioned. Making sure Replenishes props if needed. all the props are taking to the day of filming correctly, looking for any health and safety problems.How will I be successful in my job?• Show good leadership• Attend all filmings• Take all the props• Pay a lot of attention to all details• Have a list of props, so every filming we will know what to have.• Always make sure hair make up and clothing are suitable for scene.• Make sure clothing are appropriate for occasion.
19. Cameramen – Kauana Labaldi Description of Job: Examples of my Job: Everyone should do this, should have Having the camera to film scenes. technical abilities to work camera and excellent listening skills, must respect and value others instructions/ideas. This/these people operate cameras, following instructions from Assistant Director and director of Photography. Films the scene using equipment; cameras (2), tripods etc.How will I be successful in my job?• Have good listening skills• Pay attention to lighting• Look carefully at angles• Know what shots to use
20. ART DIRECTOR = (PROPS/COSTUMES & CONTINUITY)*** Part 3. description of the job • the art director is in charge examples of the job what will you do to make of the overall visual • Recording prop sure you are successful at appearance and how it • costume positioning your job ? communicates visually the • looking after props and I will do this by making sure a target audience. The art costumes each actor has the correct director makes decisions • knowing what scenes costume for there scenes about the visual elements there going to be used be more Organized record used making sure you have in prop and actor positions to props and costumes ready insure continuity • One of the most difficult problems that art directors face is to translate the correct moods, messages, concepts of the scene or finished piece clearly to its audience