I began by separating the cover into 4 sections for the outside andinset of the album, I positioned them so the cover could be cut andthe sections can then be folder and put inside a case. I also addedmy track listing, Copyright, barcode, CD guidelines, title and othertext at this point by working from my plan. I will change the fontand add effects later.
I then opened all photos that were to be used in the digipack andmade modifications to them. Blemishes and scuff marks wereremoved using the spot healing tool and all images were madebrighter and more vibrant by adjusting the contrast, saturation andbrightness.
I removed any red eye using the red eye removal tool available onphoto shop and removed any motion blur by using the sharpeningfilter to make the quality of the images perfect and of a professionalquality.
As you can see this improves the image quality greatly and makesthe photos look a professional quality which is what you expect fora bands digipack. My images are now ready to be imported into mydigipack design. BEFORE AFTER
I imported my images onto my digipack and ensured they werecorrectly proportioned and not stretched to fit as this loses imagequality. Like in my plan I wanted the background setting on myback cover the be in black and white with a contrasting orange ampso I imported the picture and changed its settings to black andwhite. I will add the image of the amplifier in another layer over thetop of this.
To add the image of the Amp I needed to cut it out of the photo soI could layer it over the top of another. I did this by using the lassotool which allowed me to trace around the Amps outline and cut itfrom the rest of the picture to be imported onto the digipack pagewhere I can make it brighter and more colourful by improvingbrightness and saturation.
I then imported the logo and changed the font of all text tosomething more suited to its style. I added bevelling, texture andglow effects by opening the text properties and changed itssettings. Finally I added the remaining images for the front coverand made them slightly transparent by changing the opacity levelsvia these options and my digipack was finished and ready to save!
You can see the similarities between my plan and final design butgreat improvements have been made whilst I have stuck to thesame layout and structure. I am please with the overall design