1. According to the Air Transport Action Group(ATAG), the sector is classified into two: 1. Civil aviation sector which is comprised by airports,airlines, air navigation service providers and thoseactivities directly serving passengers or providingairfreight services 2. Civil aerospace sector, which comprises themanufacture and maintenance of aircraft systems,frames and engines as well as aviation-specificground equipment
2. The industry also provides approximately, 17.1million direct and indirect jobs are created thatis directly proportional to the growth of theindustry D:BooksFinal CopyAirline Name.docx
3. Majors are airline companies that generateannual revenues of $1 billion or more. National airlines have annual revenue between$100 million and $1 billion. Regional airlines are companies that have anannual revenue of less than $100 million. Thefocus of these airlines are mostly short-haulflights. Cargo Airlines
4. Philippine Airlines Known as the first airline in Asia. PhilippineAirlines first chartered flight on March 1941(Philippine Airlines, 2008). It is also the firstAsian airlines that crossed the Pacific viaManila-Oakland route to the United States.
5. Cebu Pacific The airline is known for its low fare and greatvalue strategy. CEB now operates a fleet of 21Airbus (10 A319 and 11 A320) and 8 ATR 72-500 aircraft, the youngest fleet in thePhilippines (Cebu Pacific Air, 2009).
6. Zest Air Formerly known as the Asian Spirit, the airlineflies to 18 local destinations. Zest Air is operated by the AMY HoldingsCorporation (AHC) and started operations http://www.flickr.com/photos/flaircandy/3413908634/
7. The American Heritage dictionary definesairports as a tract of land where aircraft cantake off and land, usually equipped with hard-surfaced landing strips, control tower, hangars,aircraft maintenance and refueling facilitiesand accommodation for passengers and cargo.
8. 2009 Ranking Airport 2008 Ranking1 Incheon International Airport 32 Hong Kong International Airport 13 Singapore Changi 24 Zurich 85 Munich 56 Kansai 67 Kuala Lumpur 48 Amsterdam 119 Centrair Nagayo 1210 Auckland 20
9. International airports are capable handlinginternational flights. Principal or domestic airports serves domesticflights of the country. They are further classifiedinto Class 1 and Class 2. Class 1 airports serves jetaircrafts that seats at least 100 seating capacity,whilst Class 2 serves propeller aircrafts with at least19 seating capacity. Community airports are usually used for generalaviation.
10. Line personnel Operation Maintenance Sales
11. Captain Pilot First Officer Flight Attendants
12. My POT II professor owned this presentation.Thanks to him, Mr. Algin Daryll A. Palomo