1. Fun stuff I do outside work Karthik Jayagovind Oct 2012* Free clipart from http://science.phillipmartin.info/science_human_eye.htm
2. IntroductionI’ve always loved trying new hobbies and picking upnew skills. In school and college I was an extra-curricular activities buff and loved participating incompetitions. When I started working, I shifted focusto activities that stoked my creativity, kept mephysically fit and set free the child in me. In the nextfew slides, I’ll give you a sneak peak into my manydiversions. * Free clipart from http://science.phillipmartin.info/science_human_eye.htm
3. The thrill of adventure… Inspiration: Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture on Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams Skiing camp in Auli in the foothills of the Himalayas, circ a 2010. as a : I loved horsesRiding lessons now m even morekid, I love the …never miss a chance to jump off a cliff or slide down a hill
4. Fitness mantra… Mixed Martial Arts That’s how you escape a choke Playing Sports Play tennis on weekends; plan to pick up squash next. Learnt MMA at Shootfighters, Have handyBangalore and Tiger’s Gym, Mumbai skills in cricket & badminton. My Wilson K Force racquet
5. Creative and Literary pursuits Photography and cartooning are great fun :) “Shashi’s Sweat, Sunanda’s Equity!” - Shashi Tharoor’s IPL issueBlog @yakspeak.blogspot.in Learnt a lot aboutCheck out my public speaking atpost on Toastmasters Club…nicknames
6. While in collegeWon my biggest prize, when I came first in the IIMB Vista 2005national debate. Won a princely sum of USD 375.B-plan events, marketing case studies, quizzes and debatecompetitions were staple diet. A few classmates and I launched a tech magazine in engg. College. It survived till recently (http://pesit.pes.edu/e-and- c/news-letter) I was a regular quizzer and on one occasion hosted a quiz show on All India Radio!
7. 11th IYLC – an experience of a lifetime! I participated in the 11th International Youth Leadership Conference in Prague in 2006. It was a gathering of over 80 people from 20 countries. Interacting with people of my age from across the globe opened up my mind like nothing else. Old Town Square, Prague, July 27 2006
8. ConclusionOne of the key attractions of signing up for a 2 yearMBA program is to relive my college days and getinvolved in all sorts of student clubs and extra-curricular activities. I love the challenge of balancingextra-curricular activities with a demandingcurriculum.The adrenaline rush of zipping around the collegecampus with loads of coffee at midnight trying tofinish an assignment on time, while keeping an eyeout for a pending b-plan contest submission…..I can’twait to be back in school again! *www.openclipart.org