1. Schedule Oct. 4• Introductions• Presentation• Questions and Answers, Evaluations• Join us on FACEBOOK:• www.facebook.com/karen.kefauver.business• www.facebook.com/pages/Aptos-Chamber-of-Commerce
2. Agenda• Social Media Overview and Trends• 5 Ways to Transform Your Website Into a Social Media Hub• Promote Events on Social Media• Time-Saving Tools and Resources
3. Social Media Overview• Biggest Players in Social Media Field:• Facebook• Twitter• LinkedIn• Google+• You Tube• Pinterest
4. Facebook Stats• Facebook: 900 million+ active users• Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events• People who use Facebook on their mobile devices are 2x as active on FB as those on non-mobile users
5. Twitter Stats• Twitter - 500 million users/140 million active users• Apple integrated Twitter into iOS 5 last Fall• 2012: 340 million tweets per day
6. LinkedIn Stats• LinkedIn 161+ million members• LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet in over 200 countries and territories.
7. Google+ Stats• Google+ 100+ million users• Adding 625,000 new users per day.• Prediction: 400 million users by end of 2012.
8. You Tube Stats• 800M unique users visit YouTube/month• Over 3 billion videos are viewed a day• YouTubes demographic is broad: 18-54 years old
9. Pinterest• Fastest growing: 10+million plus• Pinterest is an online pinboard• If your content is picture-heavy (think food, fashion, movies), try it!• Pinterest is a pinboard-style social photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies, and more.
10. 3 Social Media Trends• 1.  Mobile devices• 2. QR Codes: A QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response code) is a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code)• 3. Video! You Tube, Vimeo, Animoto
11. 1. Mobile Phone Sites
12. 2. Trend: QR Codes• QR codes are two-dimensional bar codes that can be scanned by smartphones with cameras. Once scanned, they can redirect people to a website (among other tricks).
13. 2. Trend: QR Codes• QR Code Generator: QR Stuff Free Online QR Code Creator• www.qrstuff.com• Free QR code generator and QR code online creator. Create QR codes ready to print or to add to a t-shirt.• 10 Creative Ways to Use QR Codes for Marketing• http://mashable.com/2012/01/14/qr-code-marketing
14. 3. Trend: Video• Having video on your website, Facebook or other social networks help boost the SEO of your
15. Media Empire• Website• Mobile Website• Newsletter (monthly, quarterly)• Blog (daily, weekly)• Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest and You Tube (Flickr, Yelp, Trip Advisor, Real Estate)
16. Website: Bookshop
17. Facebook: Bookshop
18. Twitter: Bookshop
19. Social Media Checklist1. Have a clear sense of business purpose on your social media platforms2. Educate managers, employees, and stakeholders on your privacy andcommunity policies.3. Have a mindset ready for a long-term commitment.4. Be ready to engage with people who have negative things to say.5. Have a dedicated team thats ready to engage.6. Create a content calendar thats loaded with meaningful content.7. Make sure you have the ability to measure your results and report them.Source: http://www.altimetergroup.com/
20. Boardwalk Website
21. Boardwalk Facebook
22. Boardwalk Twitter Boardwalk Boardwalk
23. Boardwalk Pinterest Boardwalk Boardwalk
24. Boardwalk Pinterest Boardwalk Boardwalk
25. Boardwalk Google+ Boardwalk Boardwalk
29. 1. Web Makeover• 1. Add social media buttons to your home page• By getting someone to follow you on Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube, you have the opportunity to keep the lines of communication open long after they’ve left your website.• Make sure you have a social media proﬁle that will engage your audience
30. 2. Web Makeover• 2. Connect your blog with your website• Improve the interactivity of your website by teasing your blog posts from your home page• Also connect your Blog to Facebook, LinkedIn and Tweet your Blog posts
31. 3. Web Makeover• 3. Embed videos on your website• Engaging, well put-together video is enticing• Consider adding how-to or explanatory video to your product or services pages• Show examples of other customers ﬁnding success by using your products
32. 4. Web Makeover• 4. Make your website shareable• Retweet buttons and Facebook Like buttons aren’t just for blogs.• You can add them to any page of your website to get visitors to share the content more easily with their networks.
33. 4. Web Makeover
34. 5. Web Makeover• 5. Add your presentations to your website• If you market your business through public speaking, you can maximize your results by putting your presentations on your site.• The best way to do this is to set up a free account at SlideShare (think YouTube for PowerPoint).• Once you’ve uploaded your slides, SlideShare will allow you to embed that presentation back into your website or blog. This creates an interactive experience for visitors who can now click through your slides.
35. 6. Web Makeover• 6. Use Analytics• Pay attention to the way in which individuals are using your social media buttons by tapping into Google Analytics.• How many people are actually clicking on your outbound social media links?
36. Facebook Event
37. Google Event• #7: Use Analytics• Pay attention to the way in which individuals are using your social media buttonsby tapping into Google Analytics. How many people are actually clicking on your outbound social media links?
38. LinkedIn Events
39. LinkedIn Events
40. Promote Social Sites• Your website• Your business cards• Your storefront window• Your front desk• Print advertisements• Email signature• Newsletter, blog, other social media networks
41. Use Help Resources• Facebook: www.facebook.com/help• https://www.facebook.com/business• Twitter: https://support.twitter.com• http://business.twitter.com• LinkedIn: http://help.linkedin.com• http://learn.linkedin.com/company-pages/• Google+: http://www.google.com/support/plus• http://www.google.com/intl/en/+/demo/• You Tube: http://support.google.com/youtube• Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/about/help
42. Favorite Social Sites• Hubspot: http://www.hubspot.com• Mashable: Social media and tips, http://mashable.com• Smartbrief: https://www.smartbrief.com• Social Media Examiner: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com• Social Media Today: http://socialmediatoday.com• Techcrunch: http://techcrunch.com• New York Times Tech Blog: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com
43. Resources - After the Talk• Karen’s Website: www.karenkefauver.com• Karen’s Facebook Business page: www.facebook.com/karen.kefauver.business