1. Cynthia Karabush – NICE 28 January 2012This PPT My Blog,on ALA infoSlideShare post My Blog
2. Cathy Baker, Elmhurst District 205 ISLMA workshop on NETS standards Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian Library QR Scavenger Hunt Pam Pleviak & Tim O’Conner, District 127 Ed Tech & QR resources
5. Syllabus Pre-assessment Flipped classrooms Assignment calendar Video game Scavenger hunt GPS treasure hunt Take surveys Polling/voting
6. Do it free online in seconds Internet access needed Learning Goal in mind Easiest - Class tools Upload your questions Creates codes for each Neo reader Reads QR’s Track code use
7. Free upload to tablets, iPods, smartphones Requires Internet access No Internet options? One-computer classroom Take turns Check out several devices Work in small groups Use personal devices (in pairs if needed) HS students have smartphones (high percentage)
8. Photo by The Daring Librarian on Flickr.com Your business card Your FaceBook page Your blog Your resume LinkedIn profile Call your phone/Skype Video greeting Yes, your headstone!
9. Link to authors, interviews, book trailers Links for differentiation and for enrichment Class blog or wiki to interact on reading Link book to Google Lit Trip, author interview, etc.
10. Audio podcasts for pronunciation Links for differentiation Hints Conjugations Link to class VoiceThread
11. Step-by-step demos Reminders for process Great for “flipped” classes Khan Academy videos Print math worksheet with links by each problem, to tutorial/video ▪ Parents will love it
12. Student-created scavenger hunts Lab instructions/reminders Periodic table of QR links Photo shared by Dover Librarians on Flickr.com Research support
13. Some rights reserved by Fabrice de Nola Embed events/places into map Google Map coordinates Map quests In school Field trip w/ GPS By time period Find resources
14. QR codes themselves can be beautiful Virtually tour a Museum Art that reflects upon itself Some rights reserved by Fabrice de Nola
15. Recipes Video “How to’s” Virtual visit to actual industry Safety Reminders OUTSIDE door
16. Posters around the gym link to video tutorials Safety reminders Parcourse-style activities
17. Team pages with always-updated standings Posters around the school link to video ads by members
18. Post review topics Link to online textbooks Tape class presentation – review on a smartphone Archive class information
19. Link directly to research materials Link to your Teacher-Librarian!
20. Post schedules Link to student work Information for parents & BOE Fundraisers Link to online shop or offer Oxfam: linked celebrity donors to clothing
21. Photo by Jeff Korhan on socialmediaexaminer.com Simpler addresses produce sharper QRs: use bitly.com Need 4 modules of clean whitespace border Include a text link, too Always link to yourself, for questions!
22. http://www.i-nigma.com http://www.classtools.net/QR/ http://www.neoreader.com/get-neoreader/wap- download http://qrvoice.net Beautiful QR’s http://mashable.com/2011/07/23/creative-qr-codes/ http://www.flickr.com/groups/1049441@N25/ Art that reflects itself http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpinlac/5496433214