From a purely tech standpoint the wall was an elegant example of a
fully interactive calendar, or meeting agenda, with advanced features
like undo, redo, merge and insert but without the computer - genius.
* The future is born in webs of human conversation?
* Compelling questions encourage collective learning?
* Networks are the underlying pattern of living systems?
* Human systems—organizations, families,
communities—are living systems?
* Intelligence emerges as the system connects to itself in
diverse and creative ways?
*Collectively, we have access to all the wisdom and
resources we need?
The Principles of the World Café
Clarify the Context
Create Hospitable Space
Explore Questions That Matter
Connect Diverse Perspectives
Encourage Each Person's Contribution
* Listen Together for Patterns,
Insights and Deeper Questions
Share Collective Discoveries
The Appreciative Inquiry begins with stories.
Each person tells a story to a partner about a time when they experienced
their organization at its best.
Storytelling sets the stage for positive change because, by its nature, it
requires careful listening, reverence, and mutual learning and discovery.
The stories establish a pathway for the entire community to uncover the
positive core and to imagine and realize a preferred future. AI calls this
process “the 4-D cycle”:
* Discovery – What gives life?
* Dream – Imagine what might be.
* Design – Determine what should be sustained.
* Destiny – Create what will be sustained