1. de The
us the eve
try Li nt
Supply & Markets
The lithium era: The only event dedicated to the commodity of the moment
Conference 26-28 January 2010 Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, USA
Are you producing, using, trading or investing in the
lithium mine to market chain?
If so, you should attend the ONLY event dedicated to the Lithium industry and benefit from this
networking opportunity as well as hearing from leading industry speakers about the latest
developments in this rapidly growing business.
• Dr Gal Luft, Executive Director, Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, USA
• Cyrus Ashtiani, CTO, EnerDel, USA
• Ted Miller, Senior Manager, Ford, USA
• Juan Carlos Zuleta, Lithium Economics Analyst, Bolivia
• Iggy Tan, Managing Director, Galaxy Resources, Australia
• Richard Seville, Chief Executive Officer, Orocobre, Australia
• Jay Akhave, Snr Director IP and Technology, Altairnano Inc, USA
• Mr. Patricio de Solminihac, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, SQM S.A, Chile
• Dr Steffan Haber, President, Lithium Division, Chemetall GmbH, Germany
• Jay Chmelauskas, President, Western Lithium, USA
“Excellent networking opportunities. Very good
presentations – a highly focused conference.” Over 150
Don Hains, President, Hains Engineering Co. Ltd. delegates Media partners:
Register ONLINE in 2009
before 11 December 2009 18 Dec 2009
& SAVE US$300
For more information please visit: www.indmin.com/lithium
2. Commodity of the moment REGISTER ONLINE
Lithium really is the word on everyone’s lips. You can’t turn on the news,
pick up a paper or magazine or surf the internet without coming across at
least one headline news story about lithium. 18 December 2009
& SAVE US$300
Whether it is about the latest reserves that are being explored, the
advances being made in battery technology or electric car production
forecasts, success for all hinges on one thing – lithium availability.
Were you ahead of your time? Are you one of the following?
Industrial Minerals’ Lithium Supply & Markets 2010 (LSM10) is • An established lithium producer
the only event dedicated to the exploring mine to market • A battery manufacturer
developments in the lithium industry. Launched in January 2009 • An automotive manufacturer
in Santiago, Chile (LSM09), it quickly established itself as the • A government or regulatory body responsible for
event for networking and sharing of industry intelligence. green initiatives
• An investor looking at green-tech companies as the future
Despite the achievements of LSM09 on quantifying reserves,
• A junior miner looking to explore potential lithium reserves
many questions still remain on the supply and particularly the
• A technology provider
demand aspect of the industry. As the number of new entrants
• A consultant in the industrial minerals markets
reaches record highs, the need for accurate and informed
• A lawyer specialising in these industries
intelligence on lithium is rocketing.
• A user of lithium: ceramics, glass grease, aluminium
If so then this is the event for you to gain the latest information
from those at the forefront of this exciting market. You cannot
afford to miss out on over 200 senior attendees discussing the
issues that really matter.
LSM’09 delegates by position
Managing Director/Executive Director/President 41%
Senior Vice President/Senior Manager/Head 25%
General Manager/Executive Manager/Commercial Manager 24%
Marketing Manager/Sales Manager/Researcher 10%
Where did LSM’09 delegates come from?
Asia & Australasia 30%
Middle East & Africa 7%
“An excellent overview of the lithium supply, resources
and future potential.”
John Selters, Representative in Chile, Lumina Capital Corp.
3. Lithium Supply & Markets Conference
electric transportation and other lithium based energy storage
Tuesday 26th January 2010 solutions
• The project is located in the state of Nevada and enjoys good access to
17:00 Registration desk opens potential markets in North America and Asia.
18:00 Welcome reception hosted by Western Lithium • The company is targeting to become one of the largest producers of
high quality lithium carbonate in the world
Jay Chmelauskas, President, Western Lithium, USA
Wednesday 27th January 2010 15:30 Refreshment break
08:00 Registration desk opens 16:00 Panel Session: Do we have enough lithium reserves?
09:15 Chairman’s opening remarks: Lithium, a year of rapid change
Moderator: Don Bubar, President & CEO, Avalon Rare Metals
Simon Moores, Deputy Editor, Industrial Minerals, UK Inc, Canada
Keynote address: Lithium, the wider Eric Zaunscherb, Senior Mining Analyst, Canaccord Adams,
perspective Jon Hykawy, Clean Technologies & Materials Analyst, Byron
09:30 How strategic a resource is lithium?
Capital Markets, Canada
• The past, present and future of starategic energy resources
• Will the electric car make lithium "the new oil"?
• The geopolitics of lithium supply Session III: Regulations
• What lessons can lithium producers learn from oil exporters 17:00 Regulatory risks to lithium supply
Dr Gal Luft, Executive Director, Institute for the Analysis of • Potential lithium health effects – The need to update
Global Security, USA compliance data
• REACH’s Impact on lithium supply to Europe
10:00 Lithium resources, accelerated exploration and the evaluation of the • South American Geopolitical Influences on lithium supply – Possible
specific projects bottlenecks and potential hostage points
• A global resource tonnage update Dr Ed Ilgren, Consultant Scientist & Physician, Ilgren Consulting,
• Overview of accelerated exploration activity USA, Chile and Bolivia
• A focus on an Andean brine resource and a Canadian pegmatite
deposit Ms Yumi Marisol Kamiya, Lithium Research Analyst,
Keith Evans, Consultant, USA Independent Consultant
10.30 Refreshment break 17:30 Close of day one
Session I: Lithium supply – established
producers on future prospects
Thursday 28th January 2010
09:15 Chairman’s opening remarks: Lithium going forward
11:00 SQM View of the Lithium Industry
• Forecast for supply and demand in mid to long term Simon Moores, Deputy Editor, Industrial Minerals, UK
Mr. Patricio de Solminihac, Executive Vice President and Chief
Operating Officer – SQM S.A, Chile Session IV: Focus on the electric car market
09:30 Panel Session: Automotive requirements for lithium batteries
11.30 Is the world really running for lithium? • What are the prospects for automotive, size of the market etc
Dr Steffan Haber, President, Lithium Division, Chemetall GmbH, • Why do we think Li ion batteries are the solution?
Germany • What are the long term prospects for Li-ion technology
• Lifecycle analysis for Lithium, recycling and so on
12:00 Lithium and the realities of the energy storage market
• Value equation Jim Greenberger, Executive Director, National Alliance for
• Expected market growth Advanced Technology Batteries (NAATBatt), USA
• Future chemistry options Panellists:
Jon Evans, FMC Lithium Division Manager, FMC Lithium Cyrus Ashtiani, CTO, EnerDel, USA
Ted Miller, Senior Manager, Ford, USA
12:30 Lunch sponsored by Canada Lithium Everette Spore, Angelo & Newton, USA
Session II: Emerging North American 10:30 Applications for Advanced Batteries and Grid Storage
• Understanding the use of Li-ion energy storage systems and batteries
lithium production is responding to changing demands in energy generation
• The benefits of nano-structured lithium titanate
14:00 Securing a battery-grade lithium source for the U.S
• The impact of widespread utility-scale renewable generation will have
• Secure U.S. lithium supply only a 12-hour drive from Detroit
on the electric grid and the role advanced energy storage systems will
• Early tests produce battery-grade lithium
play in mitigating grid instability
• Fast-track advanced project in mining-friendly Quebec
• A large-scale resource to secure lithium supply well into the future
C. Robert Pedraza, Vice President, Corporate Strategy,
Peter Secker, President and CEO, Canada Lithium, Canada Altairnano Inc, USA
14:30 Global Opportunities in Lithium – Nevada & Abroad 11:00 Refreshment break
• Diversifications across sources of Lithium
• Highlighting recent project advancements Session V: Independent Analysis of
• Business model and future plans
Mike Sieb, Chief Operating Officer, Intl Lithium Corp/TNR Gold,
Canada 11:30 Lithium demand and end-uses: more than just batteries
• Current and future demand predictions
15:00 Progress on Kings Valley Hectorite, market outlook • Which markets are likely to increase significantly?
• Western Lithium is developing one of the world’s largest lithium • Where does the future really lie
deposits to support the use of lithium-ion battery technology for Robert Baylis, Senior Consultant, Roskill, UK
5. Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
Use this unique opportunity to:
• Generate new business – meet many international and local customers face-to-face
• Promote your products/services – raise your company’s profile
• Enhance your presence – stand out from the crowd
Sponsorship gets your brand in front of a senior audience. It associates your company with the
ONLY lithium event of its kind, right through our pre and post event marketing campaigns. We
have an unparalleled international reach and attract large audiences of high level executives, this
is a unique chance to raise your company’s profile, stay ahead of the competition and to be seen
as a leading player in the industry with maximum exposure both prior to and at the event.
There are also opportunities for exhibition stands in the refreshment area alongside the
conference. This gives you the platform to meet face to face with key industry figures and discuss
the products and services your company has to offer. Stands are located in a prominent position
visible to every attendee.
• End of Day One Reception – network and welcome guests with your prominent branding
• Coffee Break Sponsor – get your message across with high visibility branding
• Writing Folder Sponsor – delegates will see your logo and brochure first hand
• Exhibition Space – your chance to present your products/services & meet your potential customers
For sponsorship & exhibition opportunities, please contact:
Charlie Shelley-Smith on: + 44 (0) 20 7779 8106 or email: email@example.com
Here is what LSM’09 delegates had to say: Industry Tour to Western Lithium
“A broad selection of speakers… in Nevada, USA: Producing lithium
and a great opportunity for the from hectorite
Lithium industry.” Friday 29th January 2010
Christian Vogler, Research & Development Manager, Depart Las Vegas airport to Winnemucca by charter flight with
Sued-Chemie AG a visit to a dolomite mine followed by an afternoon visit to the
PCD hectorite lens of Western Lithium’s King’s Valley site.
“Excellent programme.” Return by charter flight to Las Vegas in the evening.
Lars Grondahl, Chief Financial Officer, Nordic Mining ASA To register for the field trip:
Further information will be sent to you along with your
confirmation. Please complete and email back to
or fax to + 44 (0) 20 7779 7999.
Please note, places are limited therefore
booking early is advisable.
Cost: US$1000 (approx.)
Industrial Minerals is the leading
authority on global non-metallic
minerals intelligence, from mine to
market. IM’s online news and
pricing service provides the latest
industry information – from
breaking news to up-to-date prices
for over 40 mineral grades, as well
as in-depth feature stories.
Start your free trial today at:
6. q Yes! Please register me for the Lithium
Supply and Markets Conference
q I am interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at
To register additional delegates please photocopy this form Lithium
Supply & Markets
Conference 26-28 January 2010 Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, USA
REGISTER ONLINE & SAVE US$100
off the prices below
Before 11th Dec 2009 18th Dec 2009 q US$1,899
Thereafter q US$2,099
If your details above are incorrect please amend them here
METHODS OF PAYMENT
PLEASE COMPLETE IN BLOCK CAPITALS
PLEASE SIGN THE FORM IN ORDER FOR REGISTRATION TO BE PROCESSED
Signature: _____________________________ Date: _______________
Family Name: __________________________________________________
First/Given Name: ______________________________________________ q To make a payment by credit card, please call
+44 (0) 20 7779 7999 or visit
*Delegate Email: _______________________________________________
www.indmin.com/lithium to book and pay online
*Administrator Email: ___________________________________________
Position in Company: ____________________________________________
q I would like to pay by bank transfer.
Option only available before 29th December 2009.
Company Name: _______________________________________________
Note: Full bank details will be emailed to you with your booking confirmation. When
Address: _____________________________________________________ paying by bank transfer, please ensure that you transfer enough funds to cover the
full price of your purchase, plus any bank charges you may incur.
____________________________________________________________ IMPORTANT: Please make sure you quote your full invoice number,
details can be found on your invoice.
Metal Bulletin standard terms and conditions apply.
Postal/Zip Code: ________________________________________________ Companies within the EU please quote your sales tax number:
Country: _____________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________
Our VAT Number is GB 243 31 57 84
q Please tick if you are not registered for sales tax
Fax: _________________________________________________________ Visas are the responsibility of delegates Code: WEBSITE
Please indicate your minerals interest in order of preference:
Booking your accommodation:
1 __________________ 2 __________________ 3 __________________ By booking early you can take advantage of the discounted
room rates as you are attending LSM’10. A booking form will
What is your company’s main business activity: be emailed to you with your confirmation.
____________________________________________________________ Venue: Caesars Palace, Las Vagas USA
*Delegates must provide their email address in order to receive booking confirmation and access to the
Reservations: 00 1 866 227 5938
delegate messenger system.
Easy ways to register
Industrial Minerals Events • Tel: + 44 (0) 20 7779 8989 • Fax: + 44 (0) 20 7779 8294 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• CC Booking Hotline: + 44 (0) 20 7779 7999 • Address: Metal Bulletin Events, Nestor House, Playhouse Yard,London, EC4V 5EX, UK
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE BOOKING CONDITIONS
The information you provide will be safeguarded by Metal Bulletin, part of the Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC group, Registrations can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment or proof of payment and discounted fees will only apply
whose subsidiaries may use it to keep you informed of relevant products and services. We occasionally allow reputable when payment is received within the offer period. If you are not able to attend, a substitute delegate will be accepted.
companies outside the Euromoney Institutional Investor group to contact you with details of products that may be of Cancellations must be received in writing 28 days prior to the conference to qualify for a full refund less US$135
interest to you. As an international group, we may transfer your data on a global basis for the purposes indicated above. If administration fee. It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the organisers to alter the content, timing and
you object to being contacted by telephone o fax o or email o please tick the box. If you do not want us to share your venue. In the unlikely event of the conference being cancelled or curtailed due to any reason beyond the control of Metal
information with other reputable companies please tick this box o. Bulletin Ltd., or it is necessary or advisable to relocate or change the date and/or location of the event, neither Metal
Bulletin Ltd., nor its employees will be held liable for refunds, damages and/or additional expenses which may be
incurred by delegates. We therefore recommend prospective delegates to arrange appropriate insurance cover.