1. EXPERIENCE Mediflow LLC June 2011- PresentDrafted, launched and managed a comprehensive social media platform(U.S. and international Facebook, Twitter, Google+,Youtube, Pinterest, website blog) for Mediflow, a Canadian-based specialty pillow manufacturer looking to build brand awareness in the U.S.
2. Facebook During initial two months with Mediflow, the U.S. Facebook page went from launch to 1300 “Likes”; Amazon sales increased from a monthly average of $23,000 to $63,000 in the same two-month period. One year into our Facebook launch, “Likes” continue to increase steadily by 300+ per month (current total of 6,500 fans).
3. HOW DID I BUILD THE MEDIFLOW FACEBOOK FAN BASE?1) LOWEST BUDGET PROJECT:Built relationships with “mommy bloggers” and facilitated a blogger reviewprogram, which continually put the Mediflow pillow in front of millions ofpeople within the precise Mediflow customer demographic.Reviews withgiveaways:
4. Video reviews: Holiday gift guides:
5. 2) LOW BUDGET PROJECT:Developed a promotional giveaway that utilized our overstock of 20,000 Anti-Allergen pillow protectors to encourage customers to “Like” and interact withMediflow on Facebook.• Free product costs Mediflow about $2 each, with promo redemption rates at 4%
6. 3) HIGHEST BUDGET PROJECT:Photo contest using Offerpop app; grand prize free cruise for two. Usersupload photos that involve water (Mediflow pillows are water-based) andencourage their friends to vote daily. Entire contest (submissions and voting) isfan-gated.
7. HOW DID I KEEP THE MEDIFLOW FACEBOOK FANS?1) Providing fans with fresh, shareable content relevant to sleep
8. 2) Providing fans with exclusive discounts and opportunities
9. 3) Providing customers with a forum to ask questions andreceive prompt feedback.
10. Use Twitter to: Cross-promote contests and giveaways Share articles and blog posts Open a conversation with celebs and athletes suffering from neck pain,including Michael Cuddyer, MN Twins outfielder; Zack Follett, Detroit LionsLinebacker; and Reggie Miller, Indiana Pacers/TNT Commentator
11. Use different types of boards to appeal to the our customers’lifestyles and attract re-pins containing our brand name.
12. BLOGSUpdate website blog and share via social media sites, encouraging feedbackand driving traffic back to the Mediflow website. Blogs are funny with catchytitles, while also informative and fact-based.
13. Social Media Consultant Work Nov. 2010 - June 2011Responsibilities included Facebook and website page launches, daily Facebook monitoring, social media calendars, “adverse event” training/reporting, tracking/compiling online metrics, optimizing Facebook page for timeline switch, answering consumer questions