1. Big DataBig Data Opportunities from Social Business Intelligence5 February 2013
2. “Big data is going to usher in an even more importantcorollary industry - big interpretation. Our problem insocial media isn’t lack of data; it’s lack of understandinghow to make that data actionable. Most big data projectsand companies are only answering half the question, atbest.”Jay Baer
3. AgendaWhat is Social Business Intelligence?Challenges of Social Data StreamsUse Cases for Social Business IntelligenceOpportunities
5. Customers and compe/tors are ac/ve across social • Not just customer support • Their behaviors are dynamic and reﬂect on all business units • Social business intelligence (big data) needs to be used beyond “the brand” • Not using it now, cross-‐func/onally, puts you at a business disadvantage @Michae1Green"
6. What is Social Business Intelligence?• Social intelligence is the process of monitoring, collecting, and analysing data from social sources to make informed and agile business and policy decisions.• Social intelligence makes sense of the endless number of tweets, comments, posts, and other social data and turns it into actionable insight.
7. Cross-Business Integration is Required 7
8. The Stakeholder Ecosystem ValueCreation Model COLLABORATION COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT 3 KNOWLEDGE SHARING 2 CUSTOMER/SALES SUPPORT SOCIAL ENABLEMENT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SOCIAL BRAND OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE INTERNAL THE SOCIAL BUSINESS EXTERNAL (employees) (customers, partners, media) PROCESS IMPROVEMENT SALES/REVENUE 4 PRODUCT INNOVATION 1 CUSTOMER ADVOCACY EMPLOYEE ADVOCACY PRODUCT FEEDBACK@Michae1Green"
9. Social Business Intelligence• True Social Business Intelligence is a holistic approach designed to drive business outcomes• Real value = using intelligence to derive insights• Insights provide strategic opportunity to engage in new and innovative ways with customers, prospects, partners and other stakeholders• Social Business Intelligence should continually be moving towards ‘real time’ analysis (conversations wait for no one)
10. Okay, Bullshit Aside, Now What?! @Michae1Green"
11. Challenges of Social Data Streams• Signal to noise ratio is high – often difficult to extract the gold you are seeking• The intelligence finds you – have to be very clear on what you are asking• You manage what you measure – are you asking the right questions?• Hard to determine what you should be asking
12. Challenges of Social Data Streams• Organizing data into meaningful categories in easy to understand ways• Filtering out some content• Daily effort required to retag data – especially sentiment data• Easy to trivialise the effort it takes to sift, sort, filter, categorise and analyse the data into true social business intelligence.• Free monitoring tools rarely provide access to ALL data
13. Understanding What You Seek• Measurement is not Analysis• Analysis is not always Insight• Monitoring is not the same as Research• Intelligence requires knowledge of the business as well as the data
14. Use Cases for Social Business Intelligence
15. Use Cases for Social Business Intelligence• Improve product and service development• Improve target marketing• New Product Launch research• Improve Customer Loyalty• Policy or initiative review
16. How Social Technologies are Extending theOrganisation 16
17. Use Case Support EXECUTE OPERATIONALISE THE SOCIAL BUSINESS CENTER OF EXCELLENCE" DIGITAL MARKETING! SOCIAL SALES! CUSTOMER SERVICE! DIGITAL • Social Marketing Insights" • Sales Insights " • Rapid Social Support COMMUNICATIONS & Response" PR! • Rapid Social Marketing • Competitive Intelligence" Response" • Seamless Customer • Online Reputation • Lead Response Centre" Experience" Management" • Social Campaign Tracking" " • Peer-to-Peer Crowd- • Crisis Management" • Social Event Management" sourced Support" • Proactive PR/Comms" " " " " @Michae1Green"
18. Social CRM Use Cases reflect Social BI UseCases 18
19. Where does Social fit with Big Data? 19
20. You DO NOT want ANOHER one of THESE! 20
22. Kinship Digital Social BusinessIntelligence Services• Research projects including Strategic Assessments• Social Business Intelligence gathering, processing, analysis• Social Business Intelligence to Strategy services• Social Business Intelligence to Business Integration• Assisting in culture and people development• Case Study Development e.g. Client Strategic Projects
23. Moving from Social Listening to SmartEnterprise 23
24. The Goal is Business Action 24
25. Kinship Digital are able to work with you tostrategically position SBI CEO Social Vision McKinsey IT Kinship Social Business Strategy ü Align the SBT eﬀorts to the business vision ü Spanning from IT to the business ini/a/ves ü Fully understanding and aligning with the other social ac/vi/es and plans
26. “Data is of no use if you don’t know what to do with it.2012 will see brands increasingly looking for social mediadata analysts who understand what to do with big dataand how to use it for business results.”Marc Meyer