What is it?
• Twitter is a free social networking and
micro-blogging service that allows users
to send updates via SMS, instant
messaging, email, to the Twitter website,
or any one of the multitude of Twitter
applications now available.
• Created in 2006
• Launched at SXSWi in Austin, Tx in 2007
• Founded by Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone and
• “140 characters isn’t enough to get my
• “Twitter copied the Facebook redesign.”
• “Twitter isn’t going to catch on...it’s just a
So, Twitter Is...
• ...a realtime communication network that
didn’t copy Facebook nor is it just a fad.
• ...whatever you need it be.
• ...valuable to businesses because it provides
them with realtime feedback and connects
them with customers.
Twitter provides a new
way of messaging. It’s
the messaging service
we didn’t know we
needed until we had it.
Biz Stone - Twitter Co-Founder
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.