How to use reports - the basicsPresentation Transcript
How to use reports– the basics
justgiving.comHow to use reports – the basicsWhat are reports?Your reports give you access to all your JustGiving data. Getting to know your way aroundthese reports will make it easier for you to manage your data.This guide introduces you to the following reports:1. The quick search2. Fundraising page reports3. Direct donation reports4. Payment reports
1. The quick searchThe quick search is the perfect tool to use whenyoure on the phone to your supporters and needto look up a specific page or donation easily.The quick search shows you: contact details for a specific fundraiseror donation page and event information the status of a page – whether it’sactive, completed or cancelled estimated fees top line figures (amount raised onlineand offline and Gift Aid) the payment reference numberof individual donations.justgiving.comHow to use reports – the basics
1. The quick searchHow to use the quick search1. Log in to your account.2. Select Fundraiser name or Donationreference in the Quick search boxon the homepage.3. Enter the fundraiser’s name or the donationreference number and click Search.4. If searching for a fundraiser, click Viewsummary next to their name.5. Click View donations at the bottom of thepage for a breakdown of donations madeto the page.6. Select Download report of all donationsto put this information into a spreadsheet.justgiving.comHow to use reports – the basics
2. Fundraising page reportsFundraising page reports show information aboutJustGiving pages set up for your charity. Downloada report to find out information about the pageincluding details of the fundraiser.You can choose which pages to includein your fundraising page reports: Pages created - so you can easily identifyand contact new fundraisers about their pages. Pages expiring - so you know when tothank your fundraisers. Pages with an event date - so you can seeall the pages created for a specific event, thetotal raised for the event and a participant’sfundraising progress.justgiving.comHow to use reports – the basics
2. Fundraising page reportsHow to create a fundraising page report1. Log in to your account.2. Click on the Reports tab.3. Click on Fundraising page reports.4. Enter the date range and choose to viewfundraising pages Created, Expiringor With an event date in that period.5. Choose the format of your report.6. Click Create report.justgiving.comHow to use reports – the basicsWhen to contact your fundraisersYou can always contact a fundraiser about theirJustGiving page, but you’ll need to check theircontact preferences in these reports (column M,called Fundraiser further contact) before puttingthem on your mailing list.
3. Direct donation reportsDirect donation reports show information ondonations made directly to your charity, rather thanthrough one of your supporter’s fundraising pages.Through direct donation reports you can: search for donations made in specific time periods download reports with detailed informationabout each donation see text donations made using one of yourcharity’s JustTextGiving codes.justgiving.comHow to use reports – the basicsLearn more about text donationsTo learn more about creating a text code for yourcharity, go to http://just.ly/jtg-for-charities
3. Direct donation reportsHow to create a direct donation report1. Log in to your account.2. Click on the Reports tab.3. Click on Direct donation reports.4. Enter the time period you are interestedin — you can choose to see all the donationsmade to you in the last week, month or year.5. Choose the format of your report.6. Click Create report.justgiving.comHow to use reports – the basicsEncourage direct donationsAdd information to your donation page to encouragesupporters to make one-off and monthly donations toyour charity.Visit http://just.ly/regulargiving to find out how.
4. Payment reportsPayment reports provide you with a detailedbreakdown of the payments we make to yourcharity. We send Gift Aid payments to you everymonth and we send donation payments directlyto your bank account every week (if the totalraised is less than £100, we’ll send the paymentat the end of the month).Payments reports show you: individual donations your charity has received the currency individual donations were made in(visit http://just.ly/other-currencies to find outmore about the currency options available onJustGiving) fundraisers’ details details of the donor if they have given uspermission to pass their contact information onto you (otherwise they will display as anonymous).You can send these donors a thank you fromyour charity and add them to your databaseof supporters.justgiving.comHow to use reports – the basicsDirect donationsThe fundraiser data columns in the report areblank for direct donations, as these haven’tbeen made to a fundraising page.
4. Payment reportsHow to see a list of your paymentsand create a payment report1. Log in to your account.2. Click on the Reports tab.3. Select Payment reports – donations madein British pounds (£) or Payment reports –donations made in other currencies ($).4. Enter a date range.5. Click on the PDF icon next to the paymentto view the transaction invoice.6. Click the report icon for a full breakdownof the payment in either an Excel or CSV file.justgiving.comHow to use reports – the basicsManage your reportsVisit http://just.ly/payment-report to find out how toformat your payment reports so they’re easier toread and only show the data you’re interested in.
Need any help?Call us on 0845 078 2064 (option 2)Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgHow to use reports – the basics