SFSU ISYS 363 - 1 Fall 2013 Group: AstrosPresentation Transcript
SFSU ISYS 363 - 1 Fall 2013
Features, Criteria, Concerns
- Since we are all busy with school and work we need
a quick and easy way to communicate.
- Trying to collaborate over emails would be difficult,
while convenient, it would be very difficult to keep track
- We would need something easy to use that everyone
would be able to pick up without spending too much
time learning the program/app/website.
Features, Criteria, Concerns
- Easy collaboration between teammates and it should
allow simultaneous editing.
- The program/app/website should be reliable in saving
files and be accessible at any time of day.
- Easily accessible whenever there is internet, and it
requires little to no space since the files are stored in
Google Drive. it can be accessed through
smartphones and tablets as well, although it has
- Comparable features of Microsoft Office, with basic
processing programs such as slide presentations,
word documents, spreadsheets, drawing, and forms.
includes the essential features needed to create
- Real-time collaborative feature allows users to edit
the same file at the same time with another peer to
boost efficiency. Also, Google Docs’ auto-save
feature saves your changes after every edit.
- Google Drive is internet-dependent. Without access
to the Internet, users cannot work on their files at all.
- There are limited features and capabilities. Users
are limited in customizations with fonts, styles, and
themes. Uploading and downloading files from
Google Docs as well as opening it with another
processing software will cause formatting problems.
- Privacy issues are controversial; users are worried
that their personal files and documents may be
Google Drive is free web-based service that allows users to perform processing work
such as documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online via Google Docs. It also
serves a free online cloud storage service similar to Dropbox.
- Facebook transcends all physical boundaries,
and lets one connect with far away friends and
distant family. People can easily be informed
about what goes in the lives of people who are
- Users can communicate by posting a comment
on another user's "wall," sending a private
message or using an instant messenger feature.
Load a multitude of pictures and videos. Share
information among people. Can be utilized for
- It’s free and all you need is an internet
connection and any device that can connect to
the internet, mobile phones included.
- Privacy is a major concern for most Facebook
users, and it’s really important to understand the
site’s privacy settings and set them accordingly.
And even though a lot has been done to improve
the site's security, it can still be confusing. As a
result, hackers can have access to- and misuse-
- People can post regrettable information or photos
that will be discovered by college admissions or
potential employers in the future. Once information
goes online, it never goes away.
- Once somebody uploads an image to Facebook, it
becomes public and anyone can download and
misuse that image.
Facebook is a social networking website intended to connect friends, family,
and business associates. We use facebook to keep in touch with friends, post
photos, share links and exchange other useful information.
- GroupMe allows users to communicate
with friends or groups members through a
mobile devices or online via GroupMe.com
- Individual GroupMe accounts allow users
to download and use the app on multiple
devices (i.e. smartphones, iPhones, etc.)
- GroupMe can also send messages via
SMS in the event a group member is
missing the app.
- Sound files can not be sent via GroupMe
- GroupMe is not capable of sending or
opening certain files (i.e. word, pdf, excel,
ppt, etc. )
- Conference calls can not be made
GroupMe is a group discussion app, also known as a group chatting app, that
can be accessed via Android, Apple, and Blackberry devices. This tool will be
beneficial to our group when planning meetings and online collaboration
- Unlimited canvas space which means
you can provide a lot of informations
- Uses cloud computing, so it is easily
accessible by all, good for groups
- Non-linear unlike PowerPoint which
allows for creativity
- Cannot print handouts
- You must have internet access to use it
- Editing is hard because you cannot
create active links or change images
within the tool.
A innovative presentation tool that allows you to collaborate with others
and create an exciting new way to share information.
- It links to Google Apps: you can insert anything
you have on your Drive. Example, a video,
picture, presentation or a document.
- Allow people to work collaboratively with a
whole class or in smaller groups.
-Allows collaborator to leave comments on areas
they like or want to see improved by right-
clicking the item.
- It is not available on the iPad… yet.
- Currently, users are having a hard time
dragging over some videos that I wanted to use.
- Still needed to be improved as there are other
products that is better than Mural.ly.
Mural.ly is a visual collaboration for creative people. It is the easiest way for
creative teams to think, imagine and discuss their ideas. A mural is a flexible
content format that aggregates media and files, ideal for group ideation and
visual sharing. Mural.ly aims to become the "Github of Ideas".
- Google Drive - Allows us to collaborate on creating presentations and documents. In
addition it provides 15gb of storage space that could accommodate any size projects.
- GroupMe - Provides a simple and user friendly way to message a group. It also keeps
track of conversations, making it easier to catch up if you are away at the time the
message is sent.
- Facebook Groups - Since we are all on Facebook we feel a Facebook Group would be
very useful to communicate and keep in contact.