HEALTHY HABITS Carbohydrates. They provide mainly
energy and they are very important for
WHICH BENEFITS DO WE OBTAIN WHEN students and athletes. They are found in
WE PRACTISE A PHYSICAL ACTIVITY cereals, bread, sugar, vegetables and fruit.
REGULARLY? The proportion of carbohydrates in the diet
A better working of the heart and the Proteins. They are found in milk, fish,
circulatory system: meat, eggs…either the abuse or the lack of
• It improves the respiratory them are harmful. The proportion is 15 %.
capacity. Fats. They provide energy. It’s better to eat
• It improves our muscles, bones and uncooked fats and to avoid fats form
joints. animal origins and fried products. Olive oil
• It improves the activity of the and blue fish are very healthy. The
nervous system. proportion of fats in the diet must be
• It improves the PHYSICAL 25-30%. It’s advisable not to take too many
CONDITION. fats because they’re fattening.
• It helps you to make friends. Vitamins and minerals. Some vitamins are
only present in some vegetables and fruit,
REST so, it’s important to eat them.
Water is essential for life. You must drink a
It’s necessary to keep great quantity of water after a physical
enough time to sleep. activity. During a long physical exercise you
Otherwise: must drink as well but every now and then.
Your quality of life will get
worse. START YOUR DAY WITH A GOOD
Your productivity will be reduced. BREAKFAST, you need energy to study, do
You’ll suffer from more physical and exercise, enjoy….
You won’t pay attention to what happens ORGANISE YOURSELF BECAUSE YOUR
around you. HEALTH IS AT STAKE!!!
Advice to sleep in a better way: HABITS OF BODY HYGIENE
• Sleep for as long as necessary (7 hours) Go to the doctor and make sure you don’t
• Don’t take either long siestas or very close have physical problems.
to the time of sleeping. (these siestas must Wear the right clothes
be for 15 or 20 minutes) for the activity.
• Physical activity, if you get tired, it will be Wear sports clothes
easier to sleep. Avoid useless accessories
• Think about positive things, leave aside the (rings, watches, dangerous
negative thoughts. earrings…)
Wear trainers. Tie them up correctly.
• Sleep in the darkness.
Wait for 2 hours after eating before
• Choose a fixed time to get up every day.
starting any kind of physical activity.
Do a good warm up.
A CORRECT DIET
Get washed after the exercise, clean your
A correct diet is essential
Drink enough water and if possible, eat
to get a good physical
some fruit (not sweets or snacks).
The nutrients we get from
NAME AND SURNAME:
1. What are the benefits of doing physical activity?
2. What happens when you don’t sleep well?
3. How many hours do you need to sleep every day?
4. Describe three pieces of advice to sleep better in your life
5. What foods are full of carbohydrates?
6. What high-protein foods must you eat to regenerate your muscle?
7. What are the benefits of fats and why can we eat too much?
8. When is it more important to drink water?
9. Why is breakfast important?
10. What do you think about healthy habits?