Current Address: Permanent Address:
3 Rue des Chenes 8859 Satellite Court
78110 Le Vesinet, France Whit White Lake, MI 48386
Tel/Fax: (+33) 1 3480 0045 Tel: (248) 698-3908
Ten years of experience in implementing international consulting assignments, specializing in microfinance,
finance facilitation (debt and equity) and economic development projects;
Developed concept and raised financing for a micro-credit and micro-leasing institution promoting
development of agricultural market linkages and equipment purchases in rural areas of Croatia;
Serve as Supervisory Board President of the $2.5 million DEMOS Savings and Loan Institution in Croatia,
an institution with 1,700 clients providing loans and micro-leases, supervise its transition into a licensed
Assisted in developing policy and procedure documentation, credit committee procedures and leasing
criteria for the Afghanistan Finance Company, a $6.5 million agro-equipment leasing company in Kabul,
Currently serve as a free-lance consultant, providing microfinance and leasing facilitation services to
numerous international development companies in the Balkans, the Caucuses and Central Asia
June 2005-present: FLAG INTERNATIONAL, LLC Baku, Azerbaijan
CONSULTANT – CREDIT AND LEASING FACILITATION SPECIALIST
• Developed a credit access survey for leasing and credit facilitation to MFI’s / banks.
• Conducted an analysis of lending constraints in the Azeri credit market to facilitate expansion of credit in
partnership with Azeri financial institutions, to areas outside of Baku.
• Designed concept for ABAD grant-supported guarantee funds and technical assistance to Azeri MFI’s,
including providing “mini-DCA” guarantees to MFI’s using the ABAD $1.25 million grant fund.
• Currently implementing grant recommendations related to capitalizing MFI’s and leasing companies ot
expand Azeri credit access in the regions.
July 2004-June 2005: SHOREBANK ADVISORY SERVICES Kabul, Afghanistan
SENIOR CONSULTANT - RURAL FINANCE SPECIALIST
• Served as Consultant and Relationship Manager for USAID-supported leasing company in Afghanistan, the
Afghan Finance Company (AFC). Developed policies and procedures and lease products for the $6.5
million company in order to facilitate leasing to USAID-supported agribusinesses.
• Prepared project documentation and negotiated terms for a USAID line of credit with Afghanistan
International Bank (AIB) to facilitate agricultural lending to major food processors. Serve as Relationship
Manager and Credit Committee member for the $2 million loan product.
• Develop complete loan policies and procedures, as well as an Operating Manual for AIB bank.
• Coordinate with a USAID agricultural team to develop financial models and business plans to be presented
to the Afghan Finance Company, facilitating leases to Afghan agribusinesses.
• Designed concept for the development of a local consulting company (business services provider) to begin
providing fee-for-service finance facilitation services in Afghanistan.
2003-2004: FLAG INTERNATIONAL, LLC Baku, Azerbaijan
CONSULTANT – GRANT FUND MANAGER
• Designed and administered a $1.5 million USAID-funded grant program as a subcontractor/consultant to
the Pragma Corporation’s implementation of the RECP program in Azerbaijan.
• Developed operating manual, policies and procedures and business plans for the project, negotiating
financing terms and monitoring payout and implementation.
• Designed grant financing concept for major Azeri food processing companies to present their products at
numerous international trade shows, facilitating over $2 million in international trade.
• Worked on coordination with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) on facilitating leasing in
2002-present: MICROFINANCE CONSULTANT Karlovac, Croatia
TECHNICAL ADVISOR – DEMOS SAVINGS AND LOAN COOPERATIVE
• Raised funding for an innovative micro-leasing program, setting up a registered financial institution with
$350,000 in lending capital. Managed the organization for 2 years, later supervising its merger into a larger
finance organization (DEMOS) in late 2003. The organization currently has over $2.5 million in assets.
• Currently serve as DEMOS Supervisory Board President, consulting in finance, micro-leasing, government
relations and other areas to facilitate its transition into a licensed Croatian bank.
1999-2003: FLAG INTERNATIONAL, LLC Split, Croatia
• Developed business plans, project proposals and feasibility studies for Croatian agricultural enterprises,
particularly for rural food producers and the food processing sector, raising $930,000 in grant and debt
financing for rural clients over 18 months.
• Instituted regional HAACP certification and formed a regional processor association for the smoked ham-
processing industry of Croatia.
• Provided extensive market linkage services to agricultural producers, reconnecting farmers with pre-war
markets on the coast, facilitating over $1 million in linkages. Led teams of local and international
consultants to work directly with client agricultural producers.
• Managed $800K micro-grant program to capitalize rural-area Croatian agricultural cooperatives.
• Created and administered innovative $320,000 micro-finance facility for rural farmers to increase livestock
production levels, facilitating forward sales contracts between producers and large food processing
1986-1995: U.S. ARMY – MILITARY INTELLIGENCE Munich, Germany
Served as Intelligence Analyst during operations related to the conflict in the former Yugoslavia analyzing
information often of critical national importance, necessitating extensive political background knowledge
and a high security clearance.
Led team of analysts and linguists responsible for the translation of foreign radio transmissions into English
and explaining their significance to military decision-makers.
Supervised process of providing information and summarizing reports to headquarters and led a team to
carry out high-level intelligence directives from NATO command.
Served as trainer for the instruction of the Russian and German languages to over 100 military linguists at a
strategic intelligence-gathering site.
Selected as INSCOM Linguist of the Year for 1994 and awarded the Meritorious Service Medal, serving in
various assignments in France, Germany, Spain, Greece, Russia and at sea with the US 6th Fleet.
USAID- Development Credit Authority Training, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2003
Microfinance training, various locations, 2001-2004
Master of Business Administration: The Garvin School of Management (Thunderbird) - 1999
Bachelor of Science: Regents College, Major: European History. Minor: Russian - 1994
Leasing and Micro-Leasing Facilitation
Microfinance and Bank Training
Business Development Services
Languages: English (native); German (native); Serbo-Croatian (fluent); Russian (skilled). French (basic).