1. Using InfoPath 2010 to Manage Data Susan AllSharePoint & eLearning Team Manager
2. Collecting and Managing DataDATA!
3. Common Forms of Gathering Data• Paper• Email• Word or Excel form• Adobe PDF forms
4. Problems with Common Forms• Cannot aggregate data• Cannot reuse data• Difficult to update changing data• How many rows to use?• How do we block information?• Need to route information to multiple people
5. Why Use InfoPath• Reduce errors• Data validation• Integration with SharePoint• Reuse data from lists or databases• Work with existing data sources• Role-based views• Automated workflow
6. Whats New in InfoPath 2010?• InfoPath Filler and Designer• Web-based forms are the default• Ribbon• Themes• Customize SharePoint List forms
7. DemonstrationCREATING A FORM
8. The Planning Process• Who needs to fill out the form?• What fields are needed?• Does the information exist in a data source?• Where will information be stored?• Who needs to use the data? What type of access will they need?• Do specific people or groups need to see only sections of the form?• How should fields be arranged?• Will a workflow be needed?
9. Creating a Form Data Layout Design Controls Properties Views Publish TestSource Tables Checker
10. Options for Storing Data• SharePoint• Network• Email• Database