1. LEADING SCHOOLS FORWARD WITHHIGH QUALITY, 21ST CENTURYPROJECT-BASED LEARNING Suzie Boss Mike Gwaltney Jonathan Martin
2. Your students have read Friedman
3. Now those studentshave come to a faculty meeting, and ask:How are you our school-leaders going to designour learning experiencesto better prepare us for Friedman’s value- adding jobs? What do you need to know?
4. Our goals today for your takeaways:1. A strong understanding of and appreciation for theelements of High Quality, 21st c. PBL.2. A set of tactics and strategies for your leadershipin advancing PBL at your school.3. The beginnings of an action plan, and of acollaborative cohort, for this work.
5. HIGH QUALITY, 21ST CENTURYPBL (HQ21PBL)
6. tinyurl.com/leadpblHow would you improve your table’s project with suggested elements?Discuss at table and post to online document.
7. “8 Essential for PBL”http://tinyurl/leadpblWatch video: Look foressential elements andafter video discusswith table.
9. In small groups, discuss forms of instructionalleadership in your school and discuss yourown leadership role and opportunities forleadership.
10. tinyurl.com/leadpblLink to Leadership Case Studies: Consider &Discuss strategies for each case study.
11. Visit isenet, set up a account if you haven’t already, join groupPBL Leadership, and then post one or more of your goals in thatdiscussion you are willing to share.In small groups, develop and discuss 2-3 action steps to advance PBL leadershipbetween now and May 15; we’ll do a followup Google Hangout.
12. Recommended Resources www.bie.org/diy
13. Contact Suzie Boss: email@example.com Twitter: @suzieboss http://www.edutopia.org/suzie-boss Mike Gwaltney: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @mikegwaltney mikegwaltney.net/blog Jonathan Martin: email@example.com Twitter: @jonathanemartin www.21k12blog.net