1. WARNING: THIS PRESENTATION MIGHT BEDISTURBING BugSense presents "Startup or Shut up" by John Vlachogiannis @jonromero
2. Part I: Start(up) your engines
5. Build a great product
6. Extra: VISA (H1B, O1)
7. Enjoy life
8. Part II: Prepare for war
9. <----- YOU ARE HERE
10. Role models in Greece
11. It all started a rainy Novemberevening ...
12. It all started a rainy Novemberevening ...
13. It all started a rainy Novemberevening ...
14. Role models in the US
15. "Halfway to a good product,never actually there." -- Ζeno (possibly about Startups)
16. From Greece to Global
17. SVGS Fund + Advisors + YCombinator + Users = Best feedback we ever had!We learnt more in 2 hours at Palo Alto than 4 months in Athens!
18. We used to be called Sfalma. Remember?What the greeks said about the name:● The branding is bizzare enough to work imho● Fantastic branding● Sfalma rocks.● I like sfalma, google was/is difficult to spell too...
19. What do you need to "Startup" in Silicon Valley
20. I dont know
21. You have to figure this out by yourself(every product is different)
22. Let me share with you my"Daily SV Startup Secrets"
23. Secret #1S-Corp, C-Corp, LLC?
24. Doesnt really matter (for now).
25. Secret #2Get a good lawyer
26. And by good I mean, great.
27. Secret #3You cant write a business plan -You dont know your business (yet)
28. Iterate (business plan/product)
29. Secret #4"If you are a "fake" in Greece, youll be a "fake" in SV."
30. Dont try the "fake it till you make it"
31. Secret #5Be ready for the (emotional) roller coaster
32. It wont be fun andgames
33. Secret #6Dont be afraid talking about your idea
34. Ideas are cheap
35. Secret #7Team
36. Secret #8No need to have an MBA
37. SV wants fighters, no "cookie cutters"
38. Ignore Business School Books!Get some enligthment from people who broke some eggs
40. Weve met and got feedback fromalmost every famous Angel &VC ...
41. ... wearing jeans and being ourselves.
42. Cookie cutters dont do this cause:"It was not in the MBA book".