Arlington Hts, IL 60004
Highly motivated Business Intelligence Professional using SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft Technologies.
and manipulating various data sources to support Senior Management decisions. Demonstrated
leadership abilities and team work skills as well as the ability to accomplish tasks under minimal
direction and supervision.
Have 20+ years of experience in development of Application programs, Database Tables and Stored
Procedures, and Reports in several Technologies such as Ms Reporting Services, Oracle Builder Reports,
Crystal Reports and XCelcius Reports.
Involved in all phases of SDLC Project Development, working on multi-member inter-departmental
teams as well as on individual assignments. Results oriented, confident, quick learner, self-motivated,
well organized, flexible and always dedicated to successful project completion and company goals
Visual Basic 4
Visual Basic 6
SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server
2005 Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS), Microsoft Visio.
MS SQL Server 2005, Oracle 9.2i, 10g, MS SQL Server 2000 MsAccess
Pl/SQL, SQL, SQL*Plus
Oracle Discoverer Desktop / Administrator
Oracle Reports Builder
TOAD / SQL Developer
Visual Studio .NET 2005, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
Excel, Crystal Reports, Xcelcius Business Objects Reports
Visual Source Safe
SetFocus, LLC. Arlington Hts, IL 2009 - 2009
Business Intelligence Master’s Program
• Implemented a Labor Analysis Business Intelligence solution for a fictitious national construction
• Existing data from diverse data sources were consolidated into a uniform MS SQL Server 2005
database. MS SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) was used to define imports of the
data, build scheduling packages, to define integration flow, log data error exceptions and
orphaned data and to define Database Maintenance Plans and send emails.
• Created a number of cubes, dimensions and business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis
Services (SSAS) representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using
custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance. Created several MDX
queries according to business requirements.
• Developed several detail and summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis
reports and sub-reports according to business requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services
• Implemented business intelligence dashboards using MOSS 2007 Report Center and Excel
Services producing different summary results based on user view and role membership.
• Created score cards with executive summary dashboards using MS Office SharePoint Server 2007
(MOSS) Dashboard Designer that display performance monitoring measures for sales, sales
trends, and book return rates for a fictitious book publisher deriving data from an MS SQL Server
2005 OLAP data source and deployed them to SharePoint sites . The dashboards also contain
drill-down capabilities to view book sales by book category and customer, through summary
reports and sales trend charts.
• Created score cards with advanced set of dashboards using MS Office Performance Point Server
2007 (PPS) Dashboard Designer that feature executive summary measures for revenue,
overhead costs, material purchases, labor and profitability trends for a fictitious construction
company extracting data from an MS SQL Server 2005 OLAP data source and deployed them to
SharePoint sites. The dashboards also contain pages to view performance by employee, by
region, and by quarter enabling end-users to make filter selections.
Aptude Inc., Aviation Department City of Chicago Chicago, IL 2006 –2009
Sr. Oracle PLSQL Developer, Sr. Software Applications Developer
• Developed an Oracle 9.2i, 10g Client/Server Web Application that manages all the Construction
Operational and Accounting transactions for the two major airports of the Department of
Aviation, City of Chicago
• Designed PLSQL structures such as Packages, Procedures, and Functions to process construction
activities such as project creation, contract, budget, inventory, cost, scheduling and other tasks.
• Used PLSQL DDL code to create and Alter Tables, Views, Sequences and other Oracle structures
for the above application.
• Created Cursors, Associative Indexed Arrays and other Oracle Functions.
• Extensively used string conversions and other Oracle native functions to process data
• Used TOAD and SQL*PLUS to develop and test Oracle programs and structures.
• Created multiple and complex reports using Oracle Reports Builder.
• Designed Oracle Discoverer Desktop Views to enable users to create AdHoc queries, and used
Oracle Discoverer Administrator to manage user Access Rights.
• Developed graphical Business Objects Xcelcius and Crystal reports. Written Oracle
Procedures that calculate data for report generation, accept user input from report GUI,
recalculate data, and “instantly ” update the report.
• Installed OBIEE 10.1.3.3.2 Application along with the required Java and Oracle infrastructure
• Used Administration Tool to modify Physical, Logical and Presentation Modules.
• Used the Answers and Dashboard Modules to create AdHoc Queries and Charts.
• Written user Documentation and Help screen.
• Developed VB programs for uploading data from Excel Tables into Oracle Tables.
• Also, responsibilities included user technical support and assistance for quick problem
identification and resolution.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Inc. Deerfield, IL 2006 –2006
Sr. Oracle PLSQL Developer
• Developed enhancements for an Enterprise-Level Vendor Management, Client / Server Visual
Basic – Oracle 9.2i, Application that tracks and manages the Sales activities of medical
• Written PLSQL Procedures and Packages to upload data from multi-format files, at specified time
periods, into Oracle Tables.
• Coded extensively Oracle 9.2i PL/SQL Procedures, Functions and Packages to restructure SQL
code for increased performance efficiency.
• Provided technical support to the Applications Development staff for the identification and
resolution of database problems.
• Modified batch Unix Shell Script programs for scheduling program execution.
• Analyzed Business Rules and relationships among Oracle Entities and developed Logic Flow
• Created Views for resolving Query Complexity and Data Security
• Developed multiple processes and procedures to streamline problem reduction and increase
Workflow productivity, for several departments.
• Involved in Code Reviews to comply with company Best Practices code development policy.
Knowtica Systems Inc., Chicago IL 2004 –2005
Sr. Visual Basic, MS SQL Server 2000 Developer
• Developed a Client/Server application that keeps track of the dispatching assignments for a taxi
company (customer information, driver assignment, routing, payments, etc.). System was
developed on a Win2000 platform, using Visual Basic 6 and MS SQL Server 2000.
• Implemented the design of the MS SQL Server 2000 Tables.
• Designed the complete SDLC process of the system development, writing VB program Modules to
implement the Business Logic and the GUI interface.
• Created Crystal Reports and generated documentation.
Abbott Laboratories Inc., Abbott Park IL 2001 –2004
Sr. Applications Developer, Oracle PLSQL Developer
• Developed a VB Object-Oriented – Oracle 92i Quality Assurance Web Application that documents
Vendor medical equipment problems according to FDA required regulations and keeps track of
problems frequency, type and required repairs.
• Contributed to the development of a Win2000 Application that is used for the calibration
processes of sensitive medical equipment, using VB 6 and Oracle 8.1.7 database.
• Designed and Coded Oracle 9.2i, 10g PLSQL Stored procedures, functions and PLSQL
Packages, for storing, retrieving, updating and manipulating data.
• Written MS SQL Server 6.5 Triggers for Audit Trail documentation of user tasks and database
processes, such as deletion or modification of recorded problems.
• Analyzed Table relationships and written MS SQL Server 6.5 Scripts to “clean” Tables of
• Designed and coded SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures to derive data for display on a user
interface screens and for Crystal Reports generations.
• Designed Oracle Stored Procedures for querying and joining multiple Tables and generating data
for Crystal Reports.
• Analyzed and designed the Oracle Entities relationships.
• Designed the Logical Tables using Embarcadero Erwin Modeler.
• Created the Physical Tables for an Oracle 8.1.7 database.
• Written PLSQL Procedures and Functions for DML operations.
• Designed PLSQL Script programs for Unit Testing.
• Developed VBScript programs and PLSQL code for the Control file of the SQL Loader, to
download data from an FTP server into Oracle 8.1.7 tables, logging errors and “emailing” status
info to designated recipients.
• Researched MS SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services architecture such as Star and Snowflake
Commercial Computer Systems Buffalo Grove, IL 2000-2001
• Developed a Client/Server application program for tracking Real-Estate transaction (property
renting/leasing, bonds, security deposits, tax payments, report generation, etc.) Using VB6 and
MS SQL Server 2000
Weber Marking Systems Inc., Arlington Hts, IL 1999-2000
Sr. Software Developer/Engineer
• Developed Client/Server custom applications for real-time label printing, interfacing I/O devices
such as printers, weight scales and databases.
• Tasks included:
• Project Management and Full Life Cycle development: initial specifications, design and coding to
completion, testing, installation, and additional feature modification.
• Project Leader, specifying project requirements, assigning projects to other team members,
supervising and assisting them.
• Redesigned/Upgraded existing systems for enhanced efficiency
• Provided inter-departmental and customer technical support
• Completed projects before scheduled deadlines.
AMC Consulting, INC., Chicago, IL 1997-1999
• Developed a custom application that tracks the jobs for a
Package Shipping/Delivery business.
• Provided customized solutions and program enhancements.
• Successfully achieved MS Certification in programming VB 4.0.
Bell+Howell Co., Lincolnwood, IL 1989-1997
Lead Software Engineer/Team Leader/Acting Manager
• Developed software programs, (Windows, MSDOS, and MultiBus platforms), to collect data from
real-time mail-sorting machines, for statistical analysis and report generation. Projects included
integration of readers and printers into system, database design, data collection and analysis,
and report design using Crystal Reports.
• Worked as a Team Leader defining project requirements, assigning tasks to group members
(both company and contracted engineers), supervising their work, preparing system installation
requirements, and providing technical support to field engineers and system users.
• Also, worked as a Project Manager in the development of a new Help Desk system.
University Of Illinois Chicago, IL
Masters of Science, Electrical Engineering / Computer Science - Overall GPA 4.00
Bachelors of Science, Electrical Engineering / Computer Science - Overall GPA 4.25
Harper College Palatine, IL
Certificate of Oracle 10g2 DBA Training
Fluent in Modern Greek