Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
Atwater Homestead 242 Christian St. c. 1774 was built by Caleb Atwater.  His granddaughter Mary Lyman Atwater married Judg...
Squire Stanley House, 186 Christian Street, was built in 1690 making it one of the oldest residential homes still standing...
Atwater Cottage, 302 Christian Street, was built in 1760.  The house was converted to a general store in 1774.George Washi...
1690 House, 387 North Main St. is also known as Munson House.  It is actually two houses.  The original built in 1690 and ...
John Hall House, 43 North Elm Street, was built in 1789.  Jeremiah Hall, a descendant of the first John Hall farmed on acr...
Porter Cook Homestead, 38 North Elm Street, built in 1789 by the Cook family with assistance from other founding Wallingfo...
Giles Hall House, 337 South Elm Street, was built in 1760.  Giles Hall was the brother of Lyman Hall, a signer of the Decl...
Theophilus Jones Homestead , 40 Jones Road, was built in 1700.  The house remained in the Jones family into the 1900s.<br />
The Augustus Hall House, 198 South Main St.,  was built in 1760.  It is now the home of the Wallingford Historical Society...
The Royce House, 538 North Main Street, was built for Nehemiah Royce in 1672.  It was originally located on the corner of ...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Wallingford houses

296

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
296
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • The home was built in 1760. In 1774 it was converted to a general store and George Washington bought gunpowder for his troops.
  • The aptly named 1690 house is actually two houses. The original built in 1690 and an addition completed in 17xx. The house is owned by Choate Rosemary Hall.
  • built in 1789 by the Cook family with assistance from several other famous Wallingford families such as the Doolittle Family and Family whose names appear on several Wallingford landmarks.
  • The Giles Hall House was built in 1760. Giles Hall was the brother of Lyman Hall, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Both Giles and Lyman Hall were born in this house.
  • The Augustus Hall House was built in 1760. It is now the home of the Wallingford Historical Society
  • Transcript of "Wallingford houses"

    1. 1. Atwater Homestead 242 Christian St. c. 1774 was built by Caleb Atwater. His granddaughter Mary Lyman Atwater married Judge William G. Choate founder of Choate School. It is now a Choate dormitory and faculty residence<br />
    2. 2. Squire Stanley House, 186 Christian Street, was built in 1690 making it one of the oldest residential homes still standing. Its owner Oliver Stanley was visited by George Washington on his way to Boston in 1775.<br />
    3. 3. Atwater Cottage, 302 Christian Street, was built in 1760. The house was converted to a general store in 1774.George Washington bought gunpowder from the store for his troops.<br />
    4. 4. 1690 House, 387 North Main St. is also known as Munson House. It is actually two houses. The original built in 1690 and an addition completed in 1789. The house is owned by Choate Rosemary Hall.<br />
    5. 5. John Hall House, 43 North Elm Street, was built in 1789. Jeremiah Hall, a descendant of the first John Hall farmed on acreage behind the house. It is also owned by Choate Rosemary Hall and used as a faculty residence.<br />
    6. 6. Porter Cook Homestead, 38 North Elm Street, built in 1789 by the Cook family with assistance from other founding Wallingford families such as the Doolittle Family and Carrington Family. <br />
    7. 7. Giles Hall House, 337 South Elm Street, was built in 1760. Giles Hall was the brother of Lyman Hall, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Both Giles and Lyman Hall were born in this house<br />
    8. 8. Theophilus Jones Homestead , 40 Jones Road, was built in 1700. The house remained in the Jones family into the 1900s.<br />
    9. 9. The Augustus Hall House, 198 South Main St., was built in 1760. It is now the home of the Wallingford Historical Society. There are two hitching posts on the sidewalk next to the building.<br />
    10. 10. The Royce House, 538 North Main Street, was built for Nehemiah Royce in 1672. It was originally located on the corner of North Main and North Street and was moved to its current location in 1924. <br />
    1. A particular slide catching your eye?

      Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

    ×