2. Who we are…………..• Founded in Greenwood Village, CO in 2002 as a subsidiary of United Engines headquartered in Oklahoma City.• First units packaged in late 2002 for Western Gas and Questar• Purchased Colorado Compressor/Gas Packagers in Dec. 2006, moved to their Commerce City facilities.• United Engines becomes United Holdings with the following subsidiaries:
3. United Holdings, LLC• United Engines-Detroit Diesel/Allison distributorship based in Oklahoma City• UE Manufacturing-Custom packager of fluid pumping equipment from fracturing, cementing and stimulation units to cryogenic pumping equipment.• UE Powertrain-Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of GM Industrial Engines and Isuzu Diesel Engines• Thermo King of Houston-Over the road refrigerated trailer units• UE Compression-Air & gas compression specialists
4. Kirby Corporation (KEX)• April 15, 2011 Kirby Corporation, an inland marine transportation company purchased United Holdings from GSO Holdings.• Premier tank barge operator in the United States, transporting bulk liquid products throughout the Mississippi River System, the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway and coastwise along all three U.S. Coasts, Alaska and Hawaii.• FY2012 Kirby forecasts $2 billion in revenues.• United Holdings, including UE Compression are part of the Kirby Engine Services (KES).
5. About Us, our roots:• UE Compression, founded in 2002 after PAMCO closed • PAMCO started business in 1948, focused on the Rocky Mountain oil & gas market. • Sold to Stewart and Stevenson in 1994, ceased operations in 2002.• Colorado Compressor/Gas Packagers, founded in 1982 as an air compressor packager for HVAC under the name of Iron Horse Compressor. • Built first gas compressor package in 1988 • Focused on fuel gas booster power plant business • Gardner Denver air compressor distributor for Rocky Mountain region.• Over 170 years of compression design experience
10. What we provide………..• Gas Compression for natural gas, specialty gas, field compression, process, and fuel gas boosting for power generation and transmission.• Specializing in custom packages to fit the application and taking into consideration customer’s specifications.• Air Compression for low to high pressure air compression requirements, industrial systems, instrument air.
11. Why UE Compression………• We work closely with the customer to understand your needs and provide best solution• We build the package to your specifications• We aren’t trying to move inventory• Built to last, not economized for mass production• Stand behind our product• Industry Experience• Design Philosophy
12. Design Philosophy………• Design for a robust, solid equipment platform. “hell for stout”-Jeff Loving• Provide the simplest, straight forward solution to complex issues.• Package layouts for easy operation and maintenance• Control systems designed for reliability to reduce operational issuesCompared to other packagers• Solid and well built• Heavier skid and center section• Heavier support structures• Their options/adders are our standard product. I.E. • Strap pipe clamps • High End Materials
13. Aspirations………• Aim for flawless operation• Provide ease of operation, dependable and reliable• Although there are numerous ways to solve the problem, find the right solution to meet the customer’s needs.• Gain the trust of the customer to utilize our expertise.
18. DRIVERS: Natural Gas Engines Caterpillar 3300-3600 Series Waukesha VGF, VHP, ATL Cummins Small HP
19. DRIVERS : Electric Motors Nidec-US Motors General Electric Teco Westinghouse Siemens Toshiba
20. Markets ServedOil & Gas Power Industry• North American Continent • Worldwide • Bakken • United States • Marcellus • Mexico • Eagleford • Trinidad & Tobago • Niobrarra • Iraq • Permian • Pakistan • Piceance • Turkey • Utica • Russia • Permian • South America• Russia • China• South America• Mexico
21. Providing compression for:• Field Gas Gathering • Pipeline Boosting• Wellhead • Acid Gas• Fuel Gas Boosting • Coalbed Methane• Compressor Stations • Syngas, CO2 & specialty• Recycle gases• Propane Refrigeration • Process Gas• Vapor Recovery • Digester Gas • Gas Lift
22. 3612 Engine Packages in OKC Facility
23. Key components of compressor package:Key components of compressor package:• Suction scrubber• Suction and discharge pulsation bottles• Compressor• Main lube and prelube system• Interstage or after/recycle cooler• PLC/Control Panel, suitable for Class 1, Group D, Div. II classification• Instrumentation• Automatic recycle valve for capacity control• Head end suction valve unloaders for capacity control• On-skid piping per ANSI B31.1• Discharge filter/separator• Welded steel skid
24. Suction Scrubber Typical construction: Includes a vane mist extractor, designed to remove 99.9% of all entrained liquid particles in the gas stream 8 microns and larger
25. Suction & Discharge Pulsation Bottles Pulsation bottles are provided at suction and discharge flanges of compressor to provide volume and limit pulsation. Designed to API 11P, as a result of API 618 pulsation study, bottles may change in size and have choke tubes, orifices or baffles added.
26. Lubrication Compressor main oil pump is shaft driven. Prelube system includes electric motor driven pump. Lube oil cooler can be air- cooled via fin/fan cooler (shown) or shell & tube. Day tank is shown for lube oil storage & supply.
27. Gas Coolers – Air or Water
28. Control Panel • Standard control panels in NEMA 4 or 4X, suitable for Class 1, Div. II electrical classification. • PLC is Allen Bradley SLC 5/04, 5/05 or ControlLogix with Panelview 600 or 1000, with Ethernet capability
29. Recycle Valve Typical compressor packages include an automatic operable recycle valve for capacity control to maintain discharge pressure. Excess gas is returned to suction scrubber and recycled.
30. Head end suction valve unloader Head end (pneumatic) suction valve unloaders are often employed for capacity control. Activating the unloader reduces capacity of the cylinder, turning it from double acting to single acting operation, with compression only occurring on the crank end.
31. Steel Skid Ruggedly-built welded steel skids are provided and generally include an elevated pedestal to align motor & compressor and provide room for bottle installation. Pedestals are concrete filled under the motor & compressor to provide additional mass to limit vibration.
32. AIR COMPRESSIONWe focus on custom design, fabrication and assembly of skidded aircompression and blower equipment, most often used as instrument airfor the oil and gas industry.With offices in Commerce City, CO, Casper, WY and Billings, MT, the airgroup is a distributor for Gardner Denver air compressors and blowers aswell as a number of other major compressor and auxiliary equipmentprovides. The territory primarily covers CO, WY, MT, western NE andwestern SD.When UE Compression adds value to a component by combining ontoto skid, there are territory boundaries.
33. KOBELCO OIL FREE ROTARY SCREW
34. Instrument Air Packages• Fully assembled compressor/dryer/filter system, with or without storage• Desiccant drying to provide -40°F. dewpoint• Prefilter & afterfilter on dryer• Typically meet ISO 8573.1 Quality Class 1.2.1 for 0.1 micron particulate, -40°F. dewpoint and 0.008 ppm oil filtration