1. ALICE: School Safety Parent Meeting Stow Munroe Falls High School
2. Current Practices of SMFHS Building wide lockdowns Students stay in classrooms Teachers take attendance Wait for instructions over loud speaker
3. 2011-2012 Timeline Introduction of ALICE to Started staff training SMFHS faculty and staff immediately after three during November day event. professional development. Also adopted by Twelve staff members University of Akron, attended three day Kent State University, training at Stow Police Kent City Schools, and Department during the Hudson City Schools. spring.
4. Overview of ALICE Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate ALICE is a school safety program that enhances the current lockdown procedures. The goal of ALICE is to create awareness, give options, and empower teachers and students to make decisions to increase survivability in the event of an armed intruder.
5. ALICE ALERT: Announcement over the PA system to inform staff and students of situation. The announcement will give students information based upon the situation.
6. ALICE LOCKDOWN: Students and staff are to remain in classroom if possible. Creates a secure starting point.
7. ALICE INFORM: Constant real time information can be given by administration or ALICE Team Members. PA System can be accessible via cell phones.
8. ALICE EVACUATE Leave building as quick as possible. Reduce the amount of students and staff during an incident. Go towards predetermined rally points.
9. ALICE COUNTER Last possible outcome. Use of simple, proactive techniques to counter aggressive actions. The use of barricades to secure the room.
10. Stow Police Department Stow Police Department has trained throughout district buildings for almost a decade. Allows for Stow PD and SMFCSD to work in concert. Training will now incorporate ALICE concepts. School training has evolved. No mandate or concept is perfect.
11. Overview of Implementation 2012/13 Roll out to students in extended homeroom. School wide controlled drills directed by administrators and teachers. Mandated by state law to have monthly safety drills. Full drills in Winter/Spring of 2012/13