Preparing for Triple
Step 1: Know the Rules
• Coupons 99¢ and less will triple
• Coupons $1+ are redeemed at face value
• Coupons only double up to the sale price
• 20 coupons per day per VIC card will triple
• Only 3 “like” coupons will be tripled per day (only 2
“like” if they are internet printed) The rest are
accepted at face value
• You can use an EVIC coupon with a paper coupon.
EVIC coupons do not double or triple
Step 2: Organize
• Go through the list at MoolaSavingMom.com
• Clip any coupons you plan to use.
Clip all of the ones you have.
• Paper clip all the “like” coupons
• This is your coupon stockpile for
• I keep mine in a plastic envelope.
Step 3: Strategize
• Go through your rainchecks
• Use the Coupon Database at
check for any coupons
• Use the Harris Teeter online Express Lane to
check for any prices for random coupons you
• Know your stock up price.
• Make a DETAILED list including sale price,
coupon, final cost.
• Know the total of the your transaction pre-tax.
Step 4: Shopping
• Items WILL be out of stock.
• Have a back up plan.
• As you place items in your cart- take the
• Have FUN!
Step 5: At Check out
• Watch the register.
• Give any coupons that will double first, then
coupons that won’t double.
• If the total isn’t right-
Don’t Pay It.