2. 1. How would you classify Im Here in terms of Genre? I would classify Im Here as a hybrid sub-genre,meaning a mixture of two genres. I would class it as a Sci-fi Romance film as the film features a worldwhere robots and humans co-exsist but also followsthe basic conventions of love story. The film follows Sheldon and Francesca who fall in love but arerobots meaning they are restricted to certain ways,I have classed this film as a Sci-fi Romance because it follows the simple typical ways in which both a sci-fi and romance film are presented.
3. 2. What kind of world is represented in the film? The kind of world represented in the film is a world where very strange things happen but despite this the audience can relate to bothcharacters and the world they live in, as Sheldon gives anything to Francesca ironically an arm and leg, and also his whole body in the end; which could connect with organ donor ship in the real world. Also the audience experience a world where its okay for anyone to fall in love even robots.
4. 3. Is it a happy world?It seems to be a happy yet bleak world as it very much alike to the one the audience lives in, the film isnt used as an escape method but as a representative comparative world.
5. 4. What evidence of prejudice is there? Within the film a woman shouts at both robots saying that they shouldnt be aloud to drive cars which suggests the prejudice from humans ontorobots despite the fact they both co-exist together. Furthermore the representation of segregation is shown through the bus stop scene as the robot isstood behind the woman, this makes the audience think of the Rosa Parks incident with racial discrimination.
6. 5. How would you describe the main character? I would describe Sheldon as a devoted kind character, but also very stupid love struck character. As he clearly is so in love with Francesca that he would do anything for her including giving up his whole body in order forher to survive. I think he stupid for doing this as it is clear she isnt as loving as he is.
7. 6. How would you describe the girl?I would describe Francesca a typical no give but take girl as she takes Sheldons body from him and doesnt try to stop him except when he gives her his leg.
8. 7. What messages do you read into thefilm about love, friendship and loyalty? The message about love shows that love can happen anywhere to anyone including robots but it also shows that love can create a loyalty that is so strong one thing or person will doanything for the person they love. It also showsthe message that love can make us doing stupid things for the person we love and do anything for them as long as love can prevail.
9. 8. Who is the target audience for the Im Here? I think the target audience is young teenagers from 18+ as it is sponsored by Absolut vodka meaning the viewers are generally going to beold enough to drink, also this age group because it is short film and has been publisised via blogging, youtube and can only be accesed via the internet.
10. 9.Where do you think it is most likely to be viewed? I think it is most likely to viewed on the internetvia the films website which features an activated cinema and can hold up to a 12,000 viewers orseats a day and can be watched with friends via social network sites.
11. 10. Why do you think Absolute sponsored it? I think they sponsored it because the targetaudience is perfect for the type of audience theyaim their vodka products at (younger socialable people) and ties well with the tag line an aboslute world as the world it is set in is different to the real world with its sci-fi elements.