Transcript of "Lecture 7: Facebook Page Assignment"
Facebook 4 Business Lecture 7 Dr. Jessica Laccetti
• Homework Activity/Review• Twitter Scientists• Examples of Facebook Pages• E-Portfolio• Facebook Page Assignment (Due Friday & Part of the E- Portfolio)• Assignment Guidelines• HomeworkOutline
• With a partner or in small groups, please respond to the following. Be sure to add your comment (and group members’ names) to the WALL of our ALES204 Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ALES- 204-Dr-Laccetti/311657842204554?sk=wall• RE: David Carrs article, "Why Twitter Will Endure” write a brief synopsis of the article.• Note: • something NEW that you learnt from the article • something that you ALREADY knew.Homework Review
Mireya Mayor :: @MireyasWildTalk• Has a PhD in Anthropology, with a specialization in primates, so by ‘official’ training is an Anthropologist/Primatologist• For ten years has worked as a wildlife correspondent on numerous television programs, including National Geographic’s television series ‘Ultimate Explorer’, ‘Explorer’ and ‘Out There’.• Is one of four elite explorers chosen to star in Mark Burnett’s (creator of ‘Survivor’ and ‘The Apprentice’) ‘Expedition Africa’ for the History Channel.
@RichardDawkins• a British ethologist (scientific study of animal behavior), evolutionary biologist and author.• Dawkins came to prominence with his 1976 book The Selfish Gene, which popularised the gene-centered view of evolution and introduced the term meme• In his role as an ethologist, interested in animal behaviour and its relation to natural selection, he advocates the idea that the gene is the principal unit of selection in evolution
• Western Canada’s Premier Crop Production & Farm Management Conference• Jan. 24-26• Use Twitter to learn two things about the conference sessions, presenters, displays• Tell @JessL what you’ve learnt from the conference EVEN though you’re not physically there!@farmtechevent
• The Humane Society has taken full advantage of their page’s functions by making it very interactive and linking the page with their Twitter account• They also utilize their front page by posting links, linking their social profiles to Twitter, you Tube and Flickr and updating their page regularly, thereby creating a page that is fresh and new, keeping readers and their invited friends up to date.The Edmonton HumaneSociety
• Create a Facebook page• Write a blog post discussing why the page was created and how it will be useful to their future careers etc. This is part of the e-portfolio so follow all those requirements• Embed in their blog a screen capture image of their Facebook page they created• Print Screen > upload to Flickr as above• Provide a link to their Facebook page (optional) in the blog post• Comment on the Class Blog Module 3• Leave a link to their new blog post• Include: Name, TA’s Name, and Lab SectionFacebook Page Assignment
• Job interests/goals• Pertinent Resume information• Academic history• Work experience• Skills, etc• Think of it as a one-page business card/meeting place, with information, links, a message forum box, RSS and anything else you want.• Personal Information (name, address – city- contact number)• Job Goals (1 sentence, what type of job you are looking for)• Related Skills (abilities, skills, work, volunteer experience, hobbies)• Education (start with most recent)• Work Experience (companies you have worked for, with the location and the dates)• Additional Experience (languages, software)• Interests/Activities (achievements, awards, transferable skills)• References (someone that an employer can contact• A picture (optional)• Contact Information (eg: academic email)Facebook PageAssignment
• Video: Evan Williams - TED talk 2009: http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/473• Read: Time, How Twitter Will Change the Way We Live: http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,190260 4,00.htmlHomework