Google logo & Doodles
FIRST DOODLE 30-08-1998LOGO HISTORY
The Google logo in 1997, used until May 30,
The Google logo used from May 31, 1999
until May 5, 2010
The Google logo since May 6, 2010
Burning man: 30-08-1998
Marimekko Finland´s Independence day
Anniversary of the Spanish National
“La tomatina” Spain
• manipulation of search
• collect data and that way
violate people’s privacy
• censorship of search results
• energy consumption of its
servers is too high
• antitrust, monopoly and
restraint of trade
Could we life without Google?
Google most searched words
= How to get a fever
Interesting facts about Google
New employees are
and are given a
propeller beanie cap
to wear on their first
Google’s eastern eggs and tricks
Google’s first Twitter message:
"I'm 01100110 01100101 01100101 01101100 01101001 01101110
01100111 00100000 01101100 01110101 01100011 01101011
The infamous “I feel lucky” is nearly never used.
THANK you for your attention
By Sallamaari Tervakangas & Jessica Fernández
Teacher: Pia Ericsson
1. How many Google products do you use in a day? How
about in a week?
2. What is your favourite Google product?
3. What is most useless Google product?
4. Do you think that we could live without Google?
5. What is the most common word to search from
6. Have you ever tried Google tricks?
7. How many Google products can you recognise from the
picture on slide 5?
8. What Google means for you in one word?
9. Could you work at Google?
10. What was the most interesting thing in our presentation?
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.