1. Key principles for recruitment and HR in though times
2. survival control panic opportunity involvement focus
3. C-level executives need to get involved and help build a recruitment culture. Talent is a strategic priority even more so in turbulent times
4. Innovation often comes from the outside invest now in true partner relationships None of us are as smart as all of us Japanese proverb
5. Merge HRM and Marketing for stronger employment branding
6. Globalization 3.0 = individuals collaborating and competing globally every organization should have a global recruitment strategy
7. Value respect, build trust and strong relationships, be honest, open and transparent Welcome talent…
8. Target employed “non-lookers.” now is the time to target talent that is not actively looking for a new job. Start the dialogue, get in touch, build trust, establish a relationship. Make sure this is a continuous process not a stand alone activity
9. Talent = CUSTOMER! Every touch point delivers the right experience. Review all current recruitment activities and hiring processes. Make sure it is talent centric and delivers the right talent experience.
10. Make sure you understand which positions are most important to the organization. Identify these roles and build relationships with potential new hires…
11. An effective recruiting process must include enough variation and personalization to meet the unique needs of diverse individuals from around the world. Also focus on soft skills and not only on expertise, experience, and education
12. <ul><li>Utilize social networks and increase the use of technology to </li></ul><ul><li>improve screening </li></ul><ul><li>increase hiring speed </li></ul><ul><li>provide the capability of hiring globally. </li></ul><ul><li>help build relationships </li></ul><ul><li>streamline communications and conversations with talent. </li></ul>
13. Mass marketing is something from the past. Every talent and every individual is unique. Your recruitment strategy should therefore be very targeted
14. Build a talent pipeline using a Talent Relationship Management platform. This platform needs to be build on VRM principles. Vendor Relationship Management is about improving the relationship between the demand-side and the supply-side of markets by providing new and better ways for management, communication and interaction.
15. Most people assume that change is loss, and stop spending, hiring, training etc. These assumptions dictate our personal response in though times and determines certain behavior. Turn this around and believe in the opportunities that this change will bring. Be motivated, focused, proactive, persistent, take initiative and look at what you could be doing differently. Develop ideas, share ideas, execute ideas and yes be persistent…!
16. Answer questions, also though questions, be open and very honest no exceptions: Silence leads to doubt, doubt leads to fear, fear leads to panic, panic leads to worst case thinking. Don’t help build the silence spiral.
17. <ul><li>For more information: [email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>www.linkedin.com/in/jeroenspierings </li></ul><ul><li>www.twitter.com/jeroenspierings </li></ul>This work supports creative commons Graphics were found on flickr