1. The Capital NetworkFastTrack Boot Camp June 16, 2010
2. In 1969 the U.S. put a man on the moon…
3. It took just 8 years to accomplish, a year earlier than promised by Kennedy
4. To reach a market audience of 50million it tookRadio 38 years…Television 13 years…Facebook 2 years…Twitter estimated less than 1 year…
5. In 2008: Publicly held Biotechs had $89.7 billion in revenue Biotech venture financing exceeded $6 billion
6. By 2010 the amount of technical information will double every 72 hours
7. By 2010,informationonline willgrow at arate of 10xper month
8. At today’s rate,we will experiencethe equivalent of20,000 years ofinnovation andgrowth during the21st century
9. Nanotechnologymedical products willgrow by more than17% annually to reach$53B in 2011
10. In 2007, only 16% of largeenterprises in North Americaand Europe were using orpiloting SaaS programs.
11. By 2008, over 25% of enterprises were using or shifting to cloud-based virtual servers.
12. Cleantech investment is soaring
13. Global mobile data traffic is increasing 131% per year By 2010 over 400m internet enabled devices will ship per year…more than the number of laptops and desktops combined!
14. The new buzz words are… Biomedical Nanotech Mobile Computing Engineering Cleantech BioTech Robotics Faster CheaperMobile Smarter Health IT Better PersonalizedPlatforms Information Green IT Medicine Social Media Technology NanoMobile Ads & Apps Cloud / SaaS MarineTech Medicine Military Technology Business Intelligence NextGen Search Unified Medical Devices Communications Mobile & Online Gaming
15. Is your company at the forefront of these revolutions?
16. Are you ready to enter theearly stage capital market?
17. Do you havethe next great idea?
18. Is your solution a wedge – does ithelp customers solve real problems?
19. What is your business model?
20. Are you a good candidate for Venture Capital?Would you be better off talking to Angels and other sources of capital
21. Can you hit this opportunity out of the park?Or do you have a Monster that willturn it into a solid double?
22. Are you going to be bigger andbetter than your competition?
23. Do you have theright leadershipto attract capital?
24. Do you have the tools to execute on your financing plan?
25. Are you plugged intothe Capital Community?
26. Do you understand CapitalizationTables, Dilution and Waterfalls?
27. Can you translateTerm Sheet Legalese?
28. Are you confident when negotiating your valuation and pie division?
29. These people are here to help you
30. Welcome to:TCN FAST TRACK
31. Agenda07:30 AM Registration08:00 AM Keynote: Credibility & Critical Thinking08:30 AM Creating a Business Model & Financing Plan09:50 AM Raising Money from Friends, Family, Angels & VCs10:00 AM Break10:45 AM Dilution - Economic Impact of Early Stage Investment; Founder Equity Issues12:15 PM Mentor-Mentee (1:3) Matching Lunch01:30 PM Pitching the Plan: Marketing Materials, Presentations and Building the Team03:15 PM Break03:30 PM Angel and Venture Term Sheets04:15 PM Valuation and Negotiation05:00 PM Networking & Reception