1. Adobe InDesign CS2 (Mac) [Old Version]InDesign CS2 sets a new standard in professionallayout and design. It delivers faster productionworkflows and a more fluid creative environment.Design professional layouts with sophisticatedgraphics and typography. The improved text andgraphics control combined with greaterintegration with other Adobe software, allowingyou to output your files with complete confidence.
2. Join the growing ranks of creative professionalsdiscovering new levels of creative freedom andproductivity using Adobe InDesign CS2 software.Smart text handling lets you drag and dropwithout formatting text Flexible XML support foreasier content updating - apply XML tags totables. then import and export from thereBackwards compatible with InDesign CS - open adocument in InDesign Interchange (INX) format,to work with it in the previous version Read moreWhen Adobe first introduced InDesign a fewshort years ago, analysts and professionaldesigners expressed skepticism that the softwarewould make any significant inroads into a marketthat had long been ruled by a fewwell-entrenched and respected programs. WithAdobe InDesign CS2 for the Macintosh, thewriting is now clearly on the wall. What wasthought to be a pipe dream justyesterday--Adobe InDesign being considered asthe standard software package for professionalpublishers and designers--is today on the vergeof becoming a reality. Book, magazine andhigh-end publishers and designers of all typesare making the switch to Adobe InDesign. Aglance at the new features that InDesign CS2
3. brings to the table makes it easy to see why.Browse, search, organize, label, and previewgraphics and InDesign documents, templates,and snippets in Adobe Bridge. Drag and dropassets from Adobe Bridge into layouts easily andefficiently. Tighter Integration with AdobeApplications Adobe has practically cornered themarket with PhotoShop, Illustrator and Acrobat.With each of its past upgrades, Adobe made itincreasingly easier to incorporate those andother Adobe applications--such as GoLive andInCopy--into InDesign workflow. InDesign CS2continues that trend, and then some. AdobePhotoshop and PDF layer support, for instance,allows you to selectively display layers and layercomps in Photoshop and PDF files so that you canexperiment with different design options or usemultiple variations of a file in your layout--all thewhile linking to a single file. And a streamlinedinterface thats more consistent across Adobegraphics applications allows you to exportdirectly to PDF while maintaining layers inexported Acrobat 6.0-7.0 files. These featurescan significantly shorten production cycles ofprojects and introduce greater flexibility to yourdesigns during the work flow. Adobe Bridge
4. Adobe Bridge software is the new navigationalcontrol center that allows you to browse,organize, label, and preview graphics andInDesign documents and templates quickly andefficiently. (Adobe Bridge is also availableseparately in Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2, andGoLive CS2 software.) Adobe Bridge is based onthe File Browser introduced in Photoshop 7.0 butgoes a step further by providing centralizedaccess to your suite project files, applications,and settings. With file organization and sharing,plus Adobe Stock Photos at your fingertips all thetime, you simply search for the files you want toplace using metadata--such as key words, colorsor image resolution--and seamlessly drag anddrop your files into your InDesign CS2 file. Youcan even browse and search royalty-free imagesfrom leading stock photo agencies using AdobeStock Photos in one convenient location. Adobecouldnt make it any easier. Without ever leavingInDesign CS2, you can purchase images fromseveral agencies in a single shopping cart andmanage all of your imagery. Its as simple as that.Easily export InDesign objects as snippets, whichcan be shared with colleagues or reused in otherdocuments. When you place or drag a snippet
5. into a layout, InDesign re-creates the originalobjects, their formatting, and their relativepositioning on the page. InDesign Snippets andCollaboration Features Some of the mostsignificant enhancements are InDesign CS2scollaboration features. The Snippet featureallows you to export InDesign objects as"snippets" that can be shared with colleagues forreview or used in other documents. When youplace or drag the snippet back into a layout,InDesign CS2 re-creates the original object, itsformatting, and its relative positioning on thepage. InDesign CS2 also features a collaborationtool that lets you to assign specific sections of adocument to your colleagues while you continueto work on your own components. Taken together,these features add tremendous efficiencies toyour workflow, giving you the ability to worksimultaneously with several colleagues andmaking it much easier to beat your deadlines.Improved Microsoft Word and RTF Support Adobehas done wonders to increase InDesignscompatibility with Microsoft Word. With InDesignCS2 you can import Word styles into yourdocument, and you can even save Word importsettings for future use. You can also import
6. tables designed in Word and Excel, or create newtables from tab-delimited files generated byExcel. PageMaker Conversion Features Adobe hasmade it nearly impossible for PageMaker usersnot to switch to Adobe InDesign CS2. For starters,Adobe has crammed InDesign CS2 with built-insupport for numerous features that PageMakerusers most desire, such as multiple undo, robuststyle support, flexible gradients, and easy tablecreation. Added to that is additional support forconverting PageMaker 6.0-7.x files, a set ofPageMaker compatible keyboard shortcuts, andsuch popular PageMaker features as data mergeand InBooklet Special Edition for imposition. Andif all that were not already enough to convinceyou to switch, Adobe now offers Adobe InDesignCS2 Upgrade from PageMaker for the Macintoshat an exclusive upgrade price for licensedPageMaker users. In short, if youre a die-hardPageMaker aficionado, there had never beenbetter time to make the switch to InDesign. ReadmoreProduct FeatureObject styles apply a wide range of graphic,q
7. text, and frame-level attributes as object stylesto create more consistent designs and speed upproduction tasksExport InDesign objects as snippets, to shareqwith colleagues or reuse in other documentsSelectively display layers and layer comps inqPDF filesEasily Anchor callouts, pull quotes, marginqnotes, and graphics to text - control anchoredobjects, apply text wrap settings, and moreImproved Microsoft Word and RTF support -qmap Word styles to InDesign styles, resolvename conflicts instantly, save presets for futureuse