1. TUMBLR & PINTERESTVisual CommunicationProfessional & Personal Use
2. About Me Jennifer Strong Worrell K-State Journalism & Mass Communications Account Executive at Nye & Associates Use social media for fun & for work
3. Visual Communication Tell a story Use visuals with a purpose & strategy THINK Before You Post – stands for Truthful, Helpful, Inspiring, Needed & Kind What I like to post about, especially for professional & personal
4. Why Blog? Self expression Practice writing Record keeping Blogging for business
5. Why Tumblr? Collection of photos, links, stories, ideas Simple Visual integrity Community
6. Why Pinterest? Visual inspiration boards Organization People spend a lot of time on the site Drives website and social media traffic
7. Pinterest for Business Tell your brand’s visual story Show your brand’s lifestyle Audience engagement – how can images increase engagement among audiences?
8. How to Use it Pin other pins Create your own pins – from your website or blog Add a Pin It button Tips on how to do this well Photos Concise copy & info Know your target Contests
9. Examples: Businesses on Pinterest Wichita Business Journal local list Brands I like Sephora pinterest.com/sephora Gossip Girl pinterest.com/thecw/gossip-girl-style Real Simple pinterest.com/realsimple Capitol Federal pinterest.com/capfed PR Daily pinterest.com/prdailycom Wichita Public Library pinterest.com/wichitalibrary Dean & Deluca pinterest.com/deananddeluca
10. Examples: Uniqlo Transformed Pinterest into giant branded mosaic. Read more.
11. Examples: House Beautiful &Food Network Magazine Let readers post to Pinterest from print using smartphone apps Read more.
12. Examples: Sponsorship Fiber One sponsored one of Hungry Girls boards to identify moms who are pinning snack ideas for kids. Plus, a coupon. Dove
13. More Examples 9 businesses using Pinterest contests to drive traffic and awareness Expose your brand to a large audience Attract new followers Engage existing followers 3 nonprofits using Pinterest as a marketing tool Platform integration
14. Takeaways Stay curious Read – everything Spend time learning Creating content is fun