* * Transition Framingham* Framingham Sierra Club* Framingham Earth Day* Green Up DayCommunity Garden GroupEnvironmental EducationFACES – Environmental JusticePlarningDisaster PreparednessFramingham Downtown RenaissancePlant-Based Eating GroupGood Time CyclesPermaculture PlantingsGrounds Around Town
* * Community Gardens* Framingham’s first community gardens* “Grounds Around Town”* People collect coffee grounds from businesses tocompost, instead of having them go to landfillsand create methane* Based on Ashland’s “Grounds Around Town”* Seed Swap* Swapped seeds and seedlings
* * Framingham Earth Day* I <3 Framingham* Best Practices: Plan ahead, Know yourstrengths and weaknesses
* 1. Put your sign-up sheet out EVERYTIME.2. Advertise if you want to see people (eventhe existing ones!)
* * Support fledgling groups that come out of I <3Framingham.* Engage more people.
* * An annual, local, regional gathering.* Simple (read: will actually be used) system for sharingresources* Everyone’s webpage to have a page of links to groups local tosurrounding towns