Quick Tips11 Quick Tips to Get Your YouTube VideosFound More, Watched More, & Ranked Better
Sharing - OptimizingJust uploading a videoto YouTube isn’tenough if you want itto get found and getseen
1. Keep it ShortShorter videos are better -1-2 minutes.Hook viewer in ﬁrst 10seconds.Expect to lose 20% of youraudience within ﬁrst 10seconds of playback.Check your YouTube InsightHot Spots to ﬁnd whereyoure losing people.
2. Filename MattersThe ﬁlename of the videoyou upload can matter. Usea descriptive word(s)
3. Use Good Descriptive TitlesChoose a good descriptive title for yourvideo with good keywords. Use termslike “how to,” “why does,” etc.When you blog about your video, makethe blog title the same as the video title.When ranking videos, Google primarilyconsiders the match between searchkeywords and the video title. Googlelikes it when the title tag of the pagematches the title of the video, and willgive a higher weighting for resultswhere this is the case.
4. Write a Good DescriptionDont just put a few wordsin the description of thevideo. Tell a story usingyour keywords. Add yourwhole site URL at the verytop of the description,including the http://. Thisputs a link back to your sitein the description.Transcribe the video.
5. Tag ConsistentlyUse keywords for you tags.Tag consistently usingkeywords that you thinkyour audience may usewhen searching.
6. Use AnnotationsUse Annotations to link toyour other YouTube videos.Link your videos together.
7. ThumbnailsYouTube takes thethumbnails at the 1/4, 1/2and 3/4 points in the video.Try to have good imagery atthose points in the video.
8. Post at Right TimeStay away from weekendsand Friday afternoon (whenthere’s a lot of viewing butheavy competition).Mornings are good andTuesday is a heavyconsumption day.
9. EngageRespond to comments.Encourage interactions- getpeople commenting and,like Facebook, your YouTubevideo will rise higher.Listen and talk back to youraudience.
10. Promote Jump start views on other social-media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
11. AnalyzeLook at your Insights to seewho is watching, wheretheyre being referred from,where theyre watching,how long theyre watchingfor. Incorporate what youlearn into future videos.