2. 4630_N59 Digester gas piping and valves at the Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility in Reno, NV
3. 6458_N76 Filtration basins at the John Jones Water Treatment Plant in Tracy, CA
4. R_121106_N4_cropped.jpg “Water is the driving force of all nature.” - Leonardo da Vinci
5. lpi2496_26 Water Recycling? We think of it as “Catch and Release”
6. 3745_N23 A digester gas cogeneration unit at the Sunnyvale Wastewater Treatment Plant
7. waterrippleleaves More than 25% of bottled water comes from a municipal water supply; the same place that tap water comes from.
8. 6458_N124 Chlorine scrubbers at the John Jones Water Treatment Plant in Tracy, CA
10. 7254_N67 Low-lift pump station and flocculation structure at the Mountain House Water Treatment Plant in Mountain House, CA
11. Keeping itShutterstock_13856398 green…
12. Water Trivia:1. A dairy cow drinks 4 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of milk.2. To make a loaf of bread (from field to table) uses 150 gallons of water.3. To grow/produce one chicken requires 400 gallons of water.4. To grow/produce a single orange takes 13.8 gallons of water.
13. WaterBubbles_iStock_000000429070Large A leaky faucet with even a slow drip wastes a LOT of water... Do the math: 15 drips/minute = 3 gallons water wasted/day = 65 gallons water wasted/month = 788 gallons water wasted/year
14. Ripley_090409_01126 “When the well is dry, we know the worth of water.” - Benjamin Franklin
15. 086014A Water vaporizes at 212 degrees Fahrenheit, 100 degrees Celsius.
16. 4630_N25 It costs more than $3.5 billion to operate the nation’s water systems annually.
17. WaterTrivia: water pipes in the U.S. 1. The first were made from fire-charred bored logs. 2. Approximately one million miles of pipeline and aqueducts span the U.S. and Canada; enough to circle the Earth 40 times. 3. More than 13 million households use private wells for their water supply.
18. iStock_000005503792Large Water is the only substance on earth found naturally in three forms: 1. Solid 2. Liquid 3. Gas
19. Niagara Falls – free – wallpaper site unkool.com It takes 7.5 years for the average American residence to use the same amount of water that flows over Niagara Falls in one second (750,000 gallons).
20. It allstartshere…
21. 7850_N81 Piping used during construction of the City of Hendersons (NV) Rose Sewer Interceptor project.
22. 6_Hands in water The future is in all
23. 12_Leaf droplet If you drink your daily recommended 8 glasses water/day from the tap, it will cost you about 50 cents/year. If you choose to drink it from water bottles, it will cost you approximately $1,400.
24. Ripley_090409_01123---Version-4 There is more fresh water in the atmosphere than in all of the rivers on the planet combined.
25. All Day I Hear the Noise of WatersAll day I hear the noise of watersMaking moan,Sad as the sea-bird is when, goingForth alone,He hears the winds cry to the watersMonotone.The grey winds, the cold winds are blowingWhere I go.I hear the noise of many watersFar below.All day, all night, I hear them flowingTo and fro.- James Joyce
26. shutterstock_8759920-new One inch of rain falling on one acre of ground equals 27,154 gallons and weighs 113 tons.
27. 6458_N18 Backwash water recovery basin at the John Jones Water Treatment Plant in Tracy, CA
28. 3745_N37 Digester gas cogeneration hot water circulating pumps and piping at the Sunnyvale Wastewater Treatment Plant
29. New ideas… better
30. 6910_N41 Digester No. 3 sludge feed inlet pipe and yellow gas collection pipe at the City of Sunnyvales Wastewater Treatment Plant
31. 086019B 80% of the Earth’s surface is water.
32. 6923_N27 Flocculation channel and flocculators the Colorado Springs Utilities’ Mesa Water Treatment Plant
33. 086015B The average residence uses more than 100,000 gallons of water (indoors and outdoors) in one year.
34. From the10_Crane in sunset ground up…
35. 7254_N103 Mountain House Water Treatment Plant filter building and low-lift pump station in Mountain House, CA
36. 68% of the Earth’s freshwater is trapped in glaciers.
37. 6923_N4 Flocculation/sedimentation basin effluent launders at the Colorado Springs Utilities’ Mesa Water Treatment Plant
38. Water%20Drops The first municipal water filtration works opened in Paisley, Scotland in 1832.
39. 7254_N81 Booster pump station piping at the Mountain House Water Treatment Plant in Mountain House, CA
40. Water Trivia:1. 66% percent of the human body is water.2. A person can live 1 week without water.3. The average American pays $0.25 for clean drinking water each day.4. The average 5-minute shower uses 15-25 gallons of water.
41. 1_inset_AXA-GWUDI-Exterior-01-smaller The world’s largest nanofiltration plant (165 mgd) for Miami-Dade Water and Sewer will preserve 12 mgd of local groundwater supplies.
42. WaterTrivia: shower uses1. A five minute 10-25 gallons of water.2. American residents use about 100 gallons of water per day.3. Approximately 400 billion gallons of water are used in the U.S. per day.
43. 3_inset_100_6661_UV Carollo provided UV disinfection design services for the Greater Cincinnati Water Works’ Richard Miller Treatment Plant.
44. 6458_N82 A Carollo engineer inspects UV disinfection equipment at the John Jones Water Treatment Plant in Tracy, CA.
45. ripple Easy Ways to Conserve 1. Check household faucets for leaks. 2. Keep showers to 5 minutes or less in length. 3. Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator. 4. Water your lawn at night or early morning to avoid evaporation. 5. Better yet, plant a garden instead of a lawn. 6. Keep litter and other undesirable items out of the water supply.