1. What gender are you? According to the stereotype of the kpop genre some people believe that kpop is full of overly sweet songs. This results shows that most of my respondents are female (60%), whereas there is only 40% of my respondents who were male. It indicates that most of the fans of the kpop genre are girls.
2. What is your nationality? Referring to these results it shows the different nationalities who may be into the kpop genre. Also it shows that my respondents are mainly Black and Asian who are interested in this genre. Regardless, what nationality and religion you are anyone can have an interest in the kpop genre because there are different aspects that some people may be interested in that is related to the kpop genre.
3. What is your age range? In connection with the results shown the main age group that are fans of the kpop genre are 16-25 year olds. However, there is an equal amount of respondents who are 26-35 and 36-45 year olds. This indicates that some certain sub-genres that these age groups have an interest in. It conveys that the positive point about the kpop genre is that it suits certain people’s interest, which means that this genre is seen as being diverse.
4. Describe kpop music? In accordance to this graph most of my respondents describe this kpop genre as ‘great’. Whereas there are some respondents who described the genre as being ‘electro’. This conveys that some of the respondents may have viewed that the kpop genre as being upbeat. It means that most the kpop songs are the type of songs that people can dance to.
5. Suggest what is important to have on a front page, DPS and contents page? According to these graphs it indicates what most of my respondents felt is important to have as part of my double page spread, contents page and front page. Within a DPS and contents page the focal image and images are important. Whereas, a quote from an artist and the masthead are important to have on my contents page and front page.
6. What helps to attract an audience to amagazine? What colours associate with kpop? Referring to these graphs this shows what the respondents feel would make a good design for my kpop magazine. The highest percentage of respondents chose pink as the main colour. Furthermore, the images and masthead are seen as being the aspects of what helps to attract the audiences to the kpop magazine.
7. What is more important to have within a magazine? In addition, this graph portrays that what the respondents felt would be more important to have inside a magazine. As seen from the graph 60% of the respondents felt that having images is important. But, there was 40% of the respondents that felt that including some texts was important. This signifies that referring to the responses from the respondents the images should be the main focus within my magazine.
8. Who is your favourite kpop artist? In connection this graph shows that the respondents chose the kpop girl band 2NE1. For my magazine this result would help me to know what main artist would be effective to use. It means by using the kpop artist that got the most votes there would be more of a chance that the audience will be attracted to my magazine.
9. Suggest a Masthead According to, this graph conveys the masthead suggestions that I received from the respondents. Such as, Kpopping, Bubble pop and K. From the results, the majority of the respondents chose ‘Bubble pop’ to be the masthead for my kpop music magazine.
10. How much will you spend on a magazine Referring to this graph it indicates the certain amount that the respondents prefer to spend on a magazine. It indicates that most of the respondents preferred to spend £2- £5 rather than spending £6-£10 or more. This means that the respondents would only purchase a magazine that they could afford.